The Crane Foldable Exercise Bike is among the most affordable home bikes out there. They often cost less than $100, and they're compact in size. That means you don't have to worry about it taking up a bunch of space, even if you live in an apartment or small house.
Is the Crane Foldable Exercise Bike best for you?
The Crane Foldable Exercise Bike is a pretty straightforward machine. It comes with a cushioned seat, basic console with an LCD screen, and 8 resistance settings. It doesn't need to be plugged in. You just hop onboard and start pedaling to your heart's content.
The most attractive feature of this bike is the low price tag. It's among the most affordable exercise bikes available. That's mostly due to the fact it doesn't come with a ton of extras to get distracted with. The main goal of this device is to provide you with a solid workout, and that's precisely what you receive.
Consider Crane Foldable Exercise Bike if...
- You need extra space. As the name suggests, the Crane Foldable Exercise Bike effortlessly folds up. This allows you to move it easily and store it away when you need extra space around your home.
- You want something small. Even when it's not folded, this bike doesn't take up a lot of room. this makes it the perfect size for homes of any sizes, including apartments.
- You like not needing an outlet. You can operate this bike without having to plug it in. You just need 2 AAA batteries to use the console.
Avoid Crane Foldable Exercise Bike if...
- You need a seat with a back. While the seat on this bike is cushioned, there's no back to offer lumbar support. If you already have back issues, then it may not be a good fit.
- You want something more advanced. While this bike is perfectly suitable for exercising, it doesn't come with all the bells and whistles you generally find on contemporary bikes. There's no Bluetooth or USB port here.
- You'd like more responsive heart rate monitors. Some reviews note how the heart rate monitors in the handlebars aren't particularly accurate. If you need to know exactly what your heart rate is, then you may be out of luck.
Crane Foldable Exercise Bike pros & cons
- Manual tensioning dial
- Large digits on displays screen
- Transport wheels
- 8 resistance settings
- Compact size
- No back to the seat
- Inaccurate heart rate monitors
Construction and design
- Seat: The seat is large and cushioned. It's also adjustable so that people of different heights can comfortably reach the pedals.
- Pedals: Basic pedals with straps come with this machine.
- Handlebars: The handlebars are found on either side of the console and feature heart rate monitors.
- Console: The console screen displays several pieces of useful data, including pulse, calories, distance, speed, and time.
- Built-in Programs: There are no preset programs found in this bike.
Key Crane Foldable Exercise Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Crane Foldable Exercise Bike?
- You're on a budget. Thanks to its small size and lack of features, this bike is incredibly affordable. This makes it a great choice for people who want to stay in shape but may not have the money to spend on the latest and greatest gadgets.
- You want your tablet with you. The console comes with an integrated device shelf. This allows you to bring your smartphone, tablet, or book with you to keep yourself entertained as you exercise.
- You live by yourself. You can assemble this bike all by yourself. It's also light enough to where most people can carry it around without issues.
Reasons to avoid Crane Foldable Exercise Bike?
- You're heavier. While this bike can support 285 pounds, that's less than what most exercise bikes can do. Many machines are capable of supporting weights of up to 300 pounds and some go a lot higher than that.
- You want a longer warranty. You're protected for 2 years with this bike's warranty. After that, you're on your own.
What real Crane Foldable Exercise Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Crane Foldable Exercise Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Crane Foldable Exercise Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I am very impressed with the quality of the bike."
- "It was very easy to assemble. I was even able to assemble it by myself. Took about 40 minutes."
- "The seat is large and very comfortable."
- "Bike seat is wide and solid, easily moves up or down. Seat also slides out or in allowing for longer legs."
- "Handlebars move forward or back as needed, fairly easily."
What reviewers dislike
- "Display is a little confusing."
- "Heart monitor handlebars aren't very responsive."
- "Try it first if you are short, you might have issues with the pedalling as seat may not go low enough."
- "I have to change the batteries frequently."
- "The seat can not be adjusted far enough forwards for me."
The Crane Foldable Exercise Bike is a great choice for people who don't need a bunch of fancy extras. It's a small, compact exercise bike that provides you with a great workout. You can work out the muscles in your legs as you watch TV or read thanks to the smooth, quiet operation.
Buyers should be aware this is a fairly bare-bones bike. Don't go in expecting the latest and greatest technology. However, if you're on a budget and all you need is something to work out on, then it gets the job done.
Where to buy Crane Foldable Exercise Bike
While you can't find the Crane Foldable Exercise Bike on Amazon, numerous other models are for sale. Amazon makes it easy to peruse all of your options, so you can select the best machine for your needs.