The Nautilus E616 elliptical is a robust and sturdy machine. With 29 programs, including 12 workout profiles already pre-loaded into the device right when you purchase it, along with 25 resistance levels, you can get in great shape with this unique elliptical.
Is the Nautilus E616 Elliptical best for you?
The Nautilus E616 elliptical costs more than your average workout machine, but you get a lot more. The DualTrack computer is a nice touch to make this device compete with some of the higher-end models. Plus, you can download your workout data to your phone to see how much you've improved over time.
This machine also has the edge over similar models in its price range by giving you 25 resistance levels. Most machines you come across only offer 20, so the extra five give you more room to grow. Plus, it features sealed acoustic speakers that provide you superb sound quality when you want to get your adrenaline pumping with your workout playlist.
Consider Nautilus E616 Elliptical if...
- You need a lot of workout programs. For trainees who get bored quickly, the Nautilus E616 comes with 29 preset programs. This includes 12 profiles, 9 heart rate control modes, 4 custom settings, 2 fitness tests, a recovery test, and a quick-start option.
- You want numerous resistance settings. This machine comes with 25 resistance settings. This is far greater than what you get with other ellipticals in its price range.
- You like multi-tasking. With dual LCD screens on the console, you can keep track of essential stats while watching something on your tablet on the media shelf covering up the other screen.
Avoid Nautilus E616 Elliptical if...
- You want a more uncomplicated assembly. It's highly recommended to have someone help you put this machine together. A lot of reviews note how it can take a while to get it up-and-running.
- You want a longer warranty. There's a 10-year warranty on this elliptical frame. This is substantially lower than the lifetime warranty you get with something like the Sole E35.
- You don't want to purchase extra accessories. For more accurate heart readings, you need to buy a chest strap separately, which increases the final cost.
Nautilus E616 Elliptical pros & cons
- Bluetooth compatibility
- USB charging port
- 10-degree personalized incline
- High-inertia drive system
- Short warranty
- Difficult assembly
Construction and design
- Flywheel: The E616 comes with a 17-pound flywheel, which is lighter than comparable models.
- Pedals: The oversized foot pads provide the user with ample space to have control of their movements.
- Handlebars: This machine comes with standard handlebars that move with your movements, giving you an upper-body workout in addition to a lower-body one.
- Console: This elliptical comes with a DualTrack LCD console with 2 backlit screens. This permits you to view your workout data at once without having to wait for it to scroll on the screen.
- Resistance: There are 25 resistance levels on the E616. It utilizes a magnetic resistance system that keeps the operation quiet and smooth.
- Built-in Programs/Features: 29 preset programs come with this machine to give you plenty of ways to work up a sweat.
Key Nautilus E616 Elliptical Specs
Reasons to buy Nautilus E616 Elliptical?
- You like monitoring your progress. You can connect this elliptical with various apps, including MyFitnessPal and Nautilus Connect. You can keep track of how well you progress over time and see how much you've grown as an athlete.
- You plan on moving often. This machine comes with transport wheels that allow you to move the device fairly easily, even though it weighs over 170 pounds.
- You like listening to music as you exercise. This machine features built-in speakers to blast your workout playlist as you exercise.
Reasons to avoid Nautilus E616 Elliptical?
- You're on a budget. With advanced features, the Nautilus E616 costs a lot more than other ellipticals you find out there. If you need to save money, then you may need to look elsewhere.
- You want something more streamlined. Bluetooth and app synching is great for some. Other people may find it too confusing. You can save money by searching for a bare-bones model.
What real Nautilus E616 Elliptical reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Nautilus E616 elliptical receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.8 (across several hundred reviews). Nautilus E616 elliptical scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I still feel this sturdy and very quiet, stable machine was the right purchase."
- "The fan is super nice and keeps you cool."
- "The elliptical has enough monitoring and tech (e.g. iPhone connectivity) to satisfy me without going crazy with all types of social interactions via exercise programs since exercising is my personal time."
- "The workout options are great."
- "Smooth workouts since the get go."
What reviewers dislike
- "I spent about 3 hours assembling this unit."
- "The drink holder, which is under the interior handles, is [awkwardly] placed."
- "The stride length is slightly shorter than most gym ellipticals, but it's not a big deal."
- "The machine is a little rocky."
- "One downside is that it does not really have Bluetooth except to connect to the nautilus app."
The Nautilus E616 elliptical is a decent option for exercise machines in its price range. The main attraction on this machine is the myriad of settings and features. With 29 preset programs and 25 resistance levels, there are many different ways for you to work out, making it suitable for long-term usage.
You can find some better features elsewhere, such as a longer warranty and heavier flywheel. But, this device is highly recommended for beginning to moderate trainees.
Where to buy Nautilus E616 Elliptical
The Nautilus E616 elliptical is available for the best price on Amazon. You get free, fast shipping with your purchase, so you can start working out from the comfort of your own home in no time.