The Precor Recumbent Bike is an excellent bike with ample features. With 12 preset programs and 25 resistance levels, there's a ton of room for growth. Its steel frame construction with powder coating also ensures that this machine stands the test of time.
Is the Precor Recumbent Bike best for you?
The Precor Recumbent Bike is great for households where several people want to use the device. Its step-through design makes it easy to get in and out. It also comes with dual-sized, extra-wide pedals that are capable of accommodating any foot size. Plus, straps help keep your feet in place as you pedal.
Essentially, this is a commercial-quality bike you're able to bring into your home. It's designed using robust materials, allowing it to support weights of up to 350 pounds. Additionally, it comes with a 2-stage drive system providing quiet, smooth operation. After you purchase it, you can be confident it's going to require minimal maintenance over the years.
Consider Precor Recumbent Bike if...
- You need a good selection of workout options. The Precor Recumbent Bike comes with 12 preset programs and 25 resistance levels. That provides a ton of variation, so you can exercise however you see fit.
- You want an entertainment screen. Different recumbent bikes from this brand are available, and you have the choice of adding an entertainment screen. This screen comes with iPod and iPhone compatibility, so you can sync the machine with fitness apps or watch videos directly from your bike.
- You like an easy, step-through design. Individuals with mobility issues have a simpler time getting into this bike thanks to its step-through design. You don't have to get up high, so it's suitable for people of all experience levels.
Avoid Precor Recumbent Bike if...
- You're on a budget. These recumbent bikes are among the most expensive out there. You can expect to spend several thousand dollars on your purchase, which may be out of some people's price range.
- You want an exercise fan. For such a high price, you would expect the machine to come with every bell and whistle. But you aren't going to find a built-in fan with this device.
- You like foldability. Some bikes fold in on themselves, allowing you to save on room when it's not in use. However, you don't get that with this particular model.
Precor Recumbent Bike pros & cons
- Ergonomic seat with ventilation
- Steel frame featuring powder coating
- Reading rack
- Transport wheels
- Touch and wireless pulse receivers
Construction and design
- Seat: The seat on this bike is extra-wide for ultimate comfort. It also features a ventilated back, allowing you to sit for hours without feeling uncomfortable.
- Pedals: The pedals are also extra-large, providing you with ample stability. There are also safety straps to hold your feet into place.
- Handlebars: The handlebars include pulse sensors, so you can monitor your heart rate as you exercise.
- Console: The console is variable depending on which model of Precor Recumbent Bike you purchase. No matter what, you're getting a ton of preset programs and resistance levels with all the buttons you need located in front of you.
- Built-in Programs: There are 12 preset programs on this bike.
Key Precor Recumbent Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Precor Recumbent Bike?
- You're heavier. The Precor Recumbent Bike can accommodate weights of up to 350 pounds. This is a significant improvement over the standard exercise bike weight limit of 300 pounds.
- You like a generous warranty. This bike may cost a lot, but you know you have protections. The frame comes with a lifetime warranty, so if anything happens to it, you know you're safe.
- You want to read as you exercise. The reading rack makes it easy to read or watch TV from your iPad. When you entertain yourself, your workout session flies by.
Reasons to avoid Precor Recumbent Bike?
- You want Bluetooth compatibility. You can't sync your phone to the bike wirelessly. Bluetooth compatibility is a standard feature for many modern bikes, and it's a shame it isn't found here.
- You plan on moving it often. This bike weighs over 200 pounds. It can be tough for a single person to move it even with the built-in wheels. You may need a second person to assist you.
What real Precor Recumbent Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Precor Recumbent Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Precor Recumbent Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This bike is very comfortable and easy to use."
- "This is a very good product. No electrical outlet needed, so it can go anywhere."
- "I have rode many recumbent bikes and this was far and away the most comfortable for long rides 60 minutes or more."
- "Easy to figure out and use. Good quality bike."
- "Easy and quick transaction. The product arrived within a few days and was easy to assemble."
What reviewers dislike
- "It adjusts forward and backward to obtain a good distance from the pedals, but the seat back has a fixed angle that cannot be adjusted."
- "The only addition I would like on the panel is calories per minute, but that is such a small item for the benefits of comfort and smoothness."
- "It's a little too noisy."
- "At least once every two weeks, the treadmill does not start up and an error message appears on the display."
- "Happy with the product but did not get a manual that would be helpful."
Ultimately, the Precor Recumbent Bike is a solid piece of equipment to add to your home gym. There are a few different varieties out there, so you can shop around a bit to find one suitable for your needs. No matter which one you purchase, you end up with a solid selection of preset programs and resistance settings to really challenge yourself.
The main downside is the price. It's pretty expensive, and you may be able to find recumbent bikes that offer many of the same features at a far-reduced cost. However, if you have the money to spend or find a great deal, then it's a worthwhile investment.
Where to buy Precor Recumbent Bike
You can find several Precor Recumbent Bike models for sale on Amazon. Plus, you can take advantage of Amazon's fast, free shipping.