The Yowza elliptical is a diverse machine that offers plenty of programs, intervals, and endurance levels. It's ideal if you want to build muscle and/or lose weight in a relaxed setting. The gel inserts in the foot pedals are a great addition to help you exercise for longer stretches of time.
Is the Yowza Elliptical best for you?
The Yowza elliptical may no longer be manufactured, but it's still a great machine when you want to increase your health. For starters, there's an exceptional number of programs to choose from. Some are easier than others, but that just allows beginners to start at their own pace and gradually work their way up.
And while other models, like the Freemotion Fitness 645 elliptical, give you 20 degrees of incline, this one goes up to 60 degrees. It also happens to be electronically-adjustable, so you don't have to manually move any parts. It may have come out years ago, but it's still a solid purchase.
Consider Yowza Elliptical if...
- You need a good selection of programs. This elliptical comes with 21 preset programs. That's generally enough for most trainees.
- You want Bluetooth compatibility. You can listen to music directly over the machine's speakers. The best part is you don't even have to plug anything in.
- You like a simple console. A lot of reviews note how this console is straightforward. Even if it's your first time on an elliptical, you can figure out how to use it quickly.
Avoid Yowza Elliptical if...
- You're on a budget. The Yowza elliptical is incredibly expensive. If you're looking to save money, then you need to look elsewhere.
- You move often. This machine has a weight limit of 400 pounds. While that's great because it makes it sturdy, it's also difficult to move. Wherever you place it in your home is where it should stay for a while.
- You want reliable customer service. Yowza has gone out of business. That means if you need any assistance with your machine, you're likely on your own. However, you may be able to find tutorials online to help you along the way.
Yowza Elliptical pros & cons
- Adjustable stride between 19" to 32"
- 3 custom apps
- Self-pivoting foot pedals
- Electric incline
Construction and design
- Flywheel: With a 25-pound flywheel, it offers greater resistance than what you might find with some of the cheaper models.
- Pedals: The foot pedals on this machine come with a soft gel insert that keep your feet comfortable even after you've exercised for a while.
- Handlebars: The SuperCore handlebars feel great to the touch so that you can continue gripping for a long time.
- Console: The Yowza elliptical comes with a simple-to-use console that doesn't have any confusing technology.
- Resistance: With 16 resistance levels, there's plenty of forward momentum for you to continually improve upon what you've built.
- Built-in Programs/Features: You can find 21 preset programs, which are categorized by number based on intensity.
Key Yowza Elliptical Specs
Reasons to buy Yowza Elliptical?
- You will heavily use the incline feature. This machine's incline is capable of reaching an angle of 60 degrees. With an incline of that magnitude, you can drastically improve how well you work out muscles and burn calories.
- You want to custom-design your own programs. In addition to the 21 preset programs, this machine also allows you to create 9 custom programs. You can work out however you best see fit.
- You have sensitive joints. Ellipticals are highly recommended for people with bad knees and ankles. The motion you engage in goes easier on your joints, so you can work out more consistently.
Reasons to avoid Yowza Elliptical?
- You want an easier time finding an elliptical. Since Yowza went out of business, it can be difficult to track an elliptical down. You may get lucky, but if you can't find one anywhere, then you may need to look for a different brand.
- You don't want to buy used. When you do find a Yowza elliptical, it may be used. This calls into question the viability of the components, and many people naturally prefer to buy these things brand new.
What real Yowza Elliptical reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Yowza elliptical receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.8 (across several hundred reviews). Yowza elliptical scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Only had it for two weeks, but it works great and is very quiet!"
- "Competes with the gym brands at a significant reduction in price."
- "Sturdy design, not too difficult to assemble."
- "The machine has a USB and little round plug to plug your phone or ipod into. You can also do it wirelessly if you want."
- "Great support for my arches on my feet."
What reviewers dislike
- "I had a problem with the app at first. It was my fault I guess for not reading the instructions closely enough."
- "I know it is expensive, but I believe that you get what you pay for."
- "There are issues with the tablet based software."
- "Not sure the resistance levels and elevations are enough to build strength (apart from the legs) but certainly good for general cardio fitness."
- "I could not synchronize the bluetooth scale to the eliptical or use any of the customized workouts, as advertised."
The Yowza elliptical is a solid piece of workout equipment that's suitable for people from practically all backgrounds. The variation in incline and program settings allows you to work out however you want. Plus, it's easy enough to assemble and set up so that you can work up a sweat in no time.
The only thing that should give you pause is the fact Yowza is no longer in business. That means you're on your own if anything happens. If you manage to find one for a decent price, it may be worth it.
Where to buy Yowza Elliptical
Luckily, you can still find Yowza ellipticals for great prices on Amazon. Plus, you can enjoy Amazon's fast, free shipping!