The Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike is among the most affordable you're going to find. Even for the low price, it offers smooth, quiet operation and adequate ergonomics to support your back. As an added bonus, it's foldable, making it suitable for any space including small houses and apartments.
Is the Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike best for you?
The Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike is ideal when you just need something to burn calories on without spending a fortune. This bike typically costs a little over $100 and features 8 resistance settings to give you plenty of upward mobility with your workout regimen.
It's easy to put together, and you can effortlessly move it. It weighs roughly 43 pounds when put together, so most people should be able to pick it up with ease. This makes it a much more convenient choice for people who move relatively often and don't want a massive machine getting in the way.
Consider Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike if...
- You need full back support. Surprisingly, a lot of exercise bikes don't have a back with the seat. As such, they're not as ergonomic as they could be. Luckily, that's not the case with this model.
- You want easy assembly. As is the case with other Exerpeutic recumbent bikes, this machine is simple to put together. It should only take you about 30 minutes to get it up-and-running.
- You like affordability. This bike tends to cost just over $100. It makes a great addition to your home gym without breaking the bank.
Avoid Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike if...
- You need intensity. This recumbent bike doesn't offer as much resistance as an advanced trainee may expect. It can be good if you're just getting started, but experts may want something else.
- You want more advanced features. This bike comes with a basic LCD display. This helps keep the cost down, but some people may want a more high-tech touchscreen.
- You like more programs. Only 6 preset programs come with this bike. It's enough for a little while, but you may get bored with them soon enough.
Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike pros & cons
- Lightweight (only 43 pounds)
- Compact size
- Magnetic resistance
- Folding design
- Limited settings
- Not suitable for taller individuals
Construction and design
- Seat: The large, padded seat comes with a back to support you throughout every ride. It's also adjustable, so you can be the perfect distance away from the pedals.
- Pedals: The bike features large pedals with straps to keep your feet secure at all times.
- Handlebars: The handlebars include built-in sensors, so you can check your heart rate on your monitor.
- Console: The console includes a large LCD display for keeping track of distance, speed, time, and other vitals.
- Built-in Programs: You receive 6 built-in programs and 8 resistance settings with this machine.
Key Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike?
- You want something straightforward. With Bluetooth and app connectivity, it can be hard to get cycling with an exercise bike. If you just want something you can pedal at a moment's notice, then simple is better.
- You live in a small home. This recumbent bike is fairly compact. You shouldn't have a problem finding room for it in the bedroom, living room, or office.
- You have joint or back issues. You may suffer from various ailments that prevent you from exercising too extremely. Fortunately, an exercise bike like this one is well-suited for taking things nice and slow.
Reasons to avoid Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike?
- You're taller. Based on reviews, it seems as though this bike isn't ideal for people who are over 6 feet in height. You might need something heavier-duty to accommodate your size.
What real Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? The Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). The Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I'm totally impressed by this bike for both quality of construction and the incredible value for the price."
- "It's very quiet during use, no vibration, shaking or strange noises."
- "Assembly was easy. It's a very simple design and comes mostly assembled."
- "As an apartment dweller I was so pleased to find this."
- "It has helped me maintain a better lifestyle and to stay more physically active."
What reviewers dislike
- "My larger coworker looked ridiculous sitting on it when he tried it (he is 6'2" and 230 lbs)."
- "The seat itself is wide and hard, so I bought an orthopedic seat cushion to sit on to resolve this."
- "As others have said, it does make a clacking noise from time to time, but it doesn't affect the running of the bike."
- "The back is at an angle matching church pews and formal dining set chairs."
- "The single drawback with this unit (and it won't apply to all purchasers) has to do with ease of adjustment for users of different height."
You just can't beat the price of the Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike. It's among the most affordable around and still boasts plenty of useful features. It appears as though many people have held onto theirs for years, so you're going to continue enjoying low-impact exercises for quite some time to come.
The main issue seems to be the seat. While the description states it comes with padding, a lot of folks think it's still too hard. Fortunately, it's easy to add cushioning or even place an extra pillow. We think the Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike is a great, budget-friendly way to outfit your home gym (and many reviewers seem to think so as well!)
Where to buy Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
The best deal for the Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike is on Amazon. Plus, you can take advantage of Amazon's fast, free shipping!