The Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike is one of the most affordable home bikes around. It provides the basics of what you need for stellar workouts at a low price. You still get plenty of excellent features, including quiet operation and 8 resistance levels to give you workouts to help you along your fitness journey.
Is the Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike best for you?
The Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike is great for people looking for light workouts. Its step-through design makes it easy for anyone to sit down and get pedaling. Once you start cycling through, you're bound to notice how smooth and quiet the bike is. This allows you to workout without disturbing anyone else in your household.
Plus, there are 8 resistance levels to choose from. Simply move the knob manually to alter the resistance so that you can continually challenge yourself. However, the most attractive feature of this bike is the price. You can typically find this bike for under $200, making it so you don't have to break the bank to get into shape.
Consider Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike if...
- You need a quiet ride. It's noteworthy how silent the Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike is. You can read or watch television in total comfort, and you aren't going to disturb other people you live with.
- You want a step-through design. As is the case with most recumbent bikes, it's easy to get in and out of this machine. It's perfect for individuals with mobility issues who may have issues getting on bikes higher up off the ground.
- You like a budget-friendly bike. This is one of the most affordable bikes out there. If you just need something to exercise on, it's a great addition to anyone's home gym.
Avoid Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike if...
- You want a more advanced console. The console on this bike is pretty basic. It displays some simple stat information, and all the controls are right there.
- You don't want to adjust the resistance manually. Most bikes these days allow you to alter the resistance from the console. This bike comes with a knob that allows you to adjust through the 8 different resistance levels.
- You'd like to fold your bike. You're unable to fold this bike up, which is ordinarily a handy feature when you want to save on space. It has a fairly large footprint, which may not be suitable for smaller homes.
Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike pros & cons
- LCD screen
- 8 resistance levels
- 300-pound weight capacity
- Transport wheels
Construction and design
- Seat: The seat on this recumbent bike is cushioned to provide you with great comfort as you exercise.
- Pedals: The pedals are pretty standard on this bike, and they come with straps to hold your feet into place.
- Handlebars: There are 2 sets of handlebars on this bike. The first comes at the base of the seat while the other is by the console.
- Console: The LCD console displays basic stats, including speed, distance, and calories.
- Built-in Programs: There are no built-in programs on this bike, but you do receive 8 different resistance levels.
Key Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike?
- You want a simple bike. Many modern bikes come with advanced screens and memberships to fitness programs. If you just need something to cycle on every so often, then you can do without all the fancy extras.
- You like low-impact exercises. Recumbent bikes are great for people with knee or ankle issues. You can exercise in a low-impact manner that isn't going to result in too much strain on your joints.
- You want to measure your heart rate. This bike comes with sensors, allowing you to monitor your heart rate. This is great for individuals who want to keep track of their heart rate for health purposes.
Reasons to avoid Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike?
- You plan on having multiple people use the bike. You can adjust the height manually to be more comfortable. If several people want to use it, then you may find yourself adjusting the height constantly because everyone else is adjusting it to their own needs.
- You want a more extensive warranty. Some reviewers note how the warranty isn't all that extensive. This doesn't give you the added peace of mind like some other brands do.
What real Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I'm totally impressed by this bike for both quality of construction and the incredible value for the price."
- "It's very quiet during use, no vibration, shaking or strange noises."
- "Assembly was easy. It's a very simple design and comes mostly assembled."
- "The ability to increase the tension on the bike has given my legs the strength they need to allow me to fully join my family on vacations to places like NYC."
- "The pedaling is very smooth & continuous."
What reviewers dislike
- "The unit is pretty no-frills, no cup holders or laptop stand or fancy color screens with travel videos."
- "If you are very large or very tall this might not fit you."
- "The seat itself is wide and hard, so I bought an orthopedic seat cushion to sit on to resolve this."
- "The ends of the monitor flare out at the bottom and sometimes my calves or knees rub lightly on them if I don't pay attention to keep my knees flared out."
- "[There] is no way to lean back at all."
The Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike is a great option for people who want to exercise more but don't want to spend a ton of money. It's among the most affordable options out there, and with its recumbent design, you can go easy on your knees, which drastically reduces recovery time.
There aren't many extra frills on this bike. More advanced bikes come with USB ports, speakers, and cup holders, but you don't get any of that here. That may work to your advantage as the lack of features is the reason this bike costs less. If you just want to exercise, then this bike is a great addition to any home gym.
Where to buy Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike
You can find the Exerpeutic Recumbent Bike for a great price on Amazon. It even comes with free shipping to help you save even more.