A Marcy exercise bike is one of the most affordable pieces of gym equipment you can bring into your home. It's light on features but still comes with a padded seat, LCD display, and counterbalanced pedals to give you a solid workout every time you step up for a ride.
Is the Marcy Exercise Bike best for you?
A Marcy exercise bike is great if you just want the basics of a stationary bike. It costs a fraction of the price as other models but still manages to boast plenty of nice features. The secure pedals keep your feet in place while the adjustable seat makes the bike suitable for anyone between 4'11" and 6'3".
It also doesn't need to be plugged in for you to use it. That gives you a lot more variety when you're trying to figure out where to place it in a room. Its compact design makes it suitable for homes of any size. Before you go spending over $1,000 on an expensive exercise bike, consider one that does most of what you need without all of the fancy extras.
Consider Marcy Exercise Bike if...
- You need to save money. A Marcy exercise bike is a worthwhile investment. It doesn't set you back as much as other stationary bikes, and it's compact size allows you to place it almost anywhere in your home. ?
- You want lightweight equipment. Depending on your living space, you may need to move your exercise gear around often. Fortunately, these exercise bikes only weigh about 41 pounds. Even a single person could lift it. ?
- You like not needing an outlet. You don't need to plug this bike into a wall outlet. You just need 2 AAA batteries to power the console. Otherwise, you can just get pedaling.
Avoid Marcy Exercise Bike if...
- You need greater lumbar support. While the seat has padding, there's no back to it. This may make it uncomfortable to sit for extended periods of time on the bike. ?
- You want a sturdier frame. Premium steel construction comes standard with these bikes. However, the casing itself is made of plastic, which is prone to cracking. ?
- You like more advanced features. The console provides you with basic stats, such as distance traveled and speed. But it's not a touchscreen like what you find with more premium exercise bikes.
Marcy Exercise Bike pros & cons
- Counterbalanced pedals
- Adjustable seat settings
- Large print on LCD display
- 8 resistance levels
- No preset programs
- Partly plastic construction
Construction and design
- Seat: The adjustable seat allows you to get as close or far away from the pedals as you need to be to feel comfortable.
- ?Pedals: The counterbalanced pedals offer maximum foot support. They also give you total control over your movements. ?
- Handlebars: Foam-covered handlebars keep your hands comfy throughout each workout. ?
- Console: The console on this machine comes with an LCD screen with large print. Not only does it function as an odometer, but it also displays calories, distance, speed, and time. ?
- Built-in Programs: There are no built-in programs. However, you do have 8 resistance levels you can change manually.
Key Marcy Exercise Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Marcy Exercise Bike?
- You want something basic. A lot of modern exercise bikes come with a ton of bells and whistles. While some people adore them, they get in the way for others. If you just want something you can cycle on at your leisure, then this is the bike to get. ?
- You like silence. Many reviewers have noted how quiet the Marcy exercise bike is. This makes it the perfect piece of equipment when you want to read, listen to music, or watch TV as you exercise.?
- Your eyesight isn't what it used to be. The LCD screen is noteworthy for its large print. This makes it easy to see how long you've been on it and how many calories you've burned even if your eyesight isn't great.
Reasons to avoid Marcy Exercise Bike?
- You don't want to change settings manually. With 8 resistance levels, there are many ways for you to use your bike. However, you change those levels manually. More modern bikes allow you to change this with the push of a button. ?
- You want to monitor your heart rate. The handlebars don't come with heart rate monitoring sensors. If you want to keep track of how fast your heart is going, then you may need to look elsewhere.
What real Marcy Exercise Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Marcy Exercise Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Marcy Exercise Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I don't know why anyone would want one of those expensive bikes when this one has everything you need."
- "This seat is super soft and cushioned compared to a spin bike."
- "Tensions are good and you don't even need the highest tension to get a nice sweaty work out."
- "I'm astounded by how quiet it is. I can barely hear it even when I've got the resistance cranked up."
- "The build is extremely solid. It's rated for 300 pounds rider weight, and I believe it. It doesn't flex at all."
What reviewers dislike
- "There isn't an obvious place to prop up a book or tablet."
- "The seat is uncomfortable."
- "I find that the handlebars are way too low down for my liking."
- "The resistance of the pedals isn't the same all the way around the arc."
- "The bike rocks a bit as you pedal."
The Marcy exercise bike is a great piece of equipment when you want to work up a sweat without breaking the bank. It doesn't come with a lot of extras, but it comes with everything you need. The pedals and seat are comfortable enough, and the console displays all the information you need to know how well you're progressing.
There are fancier bikes out there with Bluetooth compatibility and iFit subscriptions. Those may be nice for some people, but ultimately, you need to think about what's most important for you. If you just want to exercise at home with ease, then this bike gets the job done.
Where to buy Marcy Exercise Bike
The Marcy exercise bike is available for an amazing price on Amazon. Amazon makes it incredibly easy to compare the different Marcy exercise bikes, plus you get to enjoy Amazon's fast, free shipping.