Marcy Platinum Home Gyms provide versatility and immense challenges. It looks fairly complicated at first, coming with everything from a flip-up foot plate to a high cable station complete with a lat bar. However, once you get moving, you're going to wonder why you didn't get started sooner.
Is the Marcy Platinum Home Gym best for you?
Marcy Platinum Home Gyms are great for people who want the greatest bang for your buck. Other home gyms start to show their age after a few months. That's not the case here. It comes with chip-resistant finishing to avoid scratches, and the hand-grips are made from materials able to withstand sweat and odors.
You have your choice of attachments with these devices. You can swap them out whenever you feel like it with some of the most popular being an ankle strap, single d-handle, and ab crunch strap. It's like having your very own weight lifting room at the gym in your own home.
Consider Marcy Platinum Home Gym if...
- You need variety. While there are various platinum home gyms available from this brand, they all tend to come with a good assortment of stations. You can work out practically every muscle in your body with ease.
- You want small, incremental changes. 14 weight plates weighing 10 pounds each means you can start small and gradually build your way up.
- You like robust construction. Steel frames ensure these home gyms are built to last.
Avoid Marcy Platinum Home Gym if...
- You need simpler assembly. You can always pay someone to put together this home gym for you. Even with 2 people, expect assembly to take somewhere between 6 and 9 hours.
- You want to get really buff. These home gyms are recommended for people who just want to improve their fitness ever so slightly. If you're looking to enter a bodybuilding competition, then you may need something else.
- You don't like a hassle with your home fitness. Many Platinum Home Gyms are tough to come by these days. You may have to purchase one used.
Marcy Platinum Home Gym pros & cons
- Free weight simulation
- 2000-pound tensile strength aircraft cables
- Back pad angling
- Thigh trainer
- Largely discontinued
- Lower weight limits
What areas of the body does Marcy Platinum Home Gym target?
- Arms: You can target both your biceps and triceps. Just attach the shiver bar to the lower pulley, and you can perform standing bicep curls and bent-over rows.
- Legs: Leg extensions are a breeze. And it even comes with a thigh trainer so that you can work out your abductor muscles.
- Chest: The dual-function pressing bar is great for chest presses.
- Back: Lateral pulleys offer a wide range of different grips so that you can work your back muscles for better posture.
- Shoulders: Overhead shoulder presses are also a lot simpler with the dual-function pressing bar.
- Core: An ab-strap attachment makes it easy to focus on building out your 6-pack.
Is the Marcy Platinum Home Gym easy to use?
A lot of reviewers find these home gyms hard to put together. Expect it to be an all-day affair. Fortunately, it does appear to be simple to move from one station to the next without slowing down that much.
Key Marcy Platinum Home Gym Specs
Reasons to buy Marcy Platinum Home Gym?
- You don't want to buy a bunch of different machines. Marcy makes home gyms designed to function as multiple machines in one. That's the case here as you can outfit your personal gym with just this device.
- You want good value. Marcy Platinum Home Gyms aren't the most affordable around, but they aren't the most expensive either. Considering the array of features, you definitely get your money's worth.
- You want something that retains its value. These home gyms come with a chip-resistant finish. That means it's not going to develop chips or scratches as you use it.
Reasons to avoid Marcy Platinum Home Gym?
- You want something that takes up less space. This line of home gyms tends to be bulkier. You definitely want to measure the space you have in mind for it first before purchasing.
What real Marcy Platinum Home Gym reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Marcy Platinum Home Gym receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.8 (across several hundred reviews). Marcy Platinum Home Gym scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I was skeptical about the bench being flimsy and cheap but it is actually a pretty solid."
- "Overall it is really awesome if you like free weights."
- "I am highly impressed with not only this product, but the company that makes it."
- "We use this for bench press, deadlifts, and squats. My husband also uses it for dips and pull ups. No complaints!"
- "For the money, it's a really good product and takes up less space then most power racks do."
What reviewers dislike
- "I would recommend that to buyers but if you planning to workout with very heavy weights this is not a best choice."
- "Some issues with packaging."
- "The construction is OK but not the best that I've ever seen."
- "The rack wobbles when doing dips."
- "Works well. wish it was a little wider."
A Marcy Platinum Home Gym can be a great addition for your home. It offers plenty of exercises for strength training and muscle building. It remains stable on any surface, and its high-quality finish ensures it stays looking like it just came out of the package for some time to come.
Every Platinum Home Gym is different, but by and large, they all require fairly time-consuming assembly. A lot of stores have stopped selling them, but if you come across one, then it makes for a great find.
Where to buy Marcy Platinum Home Gym
Amazon has a wide selection of Marcy exercise equipment. Check it out, plus take advantage of their fast, free shipping.