The Marcy Weight Machine offers 6 separate workout stations for targeting different areas of your body. The high-pulley station, pec fly station, and other features allow you to burn calories, build lean muscle, and boost your metabolism all at once. Instead of dealing with a bunch of different dumbbells, you can have everything in one convenient package.
Is the Marcy Weight Machine Home Gym best for you?
The Marcy Weight Machine is great for anyone who wants a full gym in the comfort of their home. The innovative structure allows you to move from arms to legs in a matter of seconds. There's no need to load and unload weight plates, and with a safety lock in place, you can make sure everyone in your household is protected from unauthorized use.
Not only that, this machine is built to last. It's made from premium steel construction complete with steel tubing. The guard rods also keep the weights in place as you're exercising. All this leads to one thing: you get a stellar piece of equipment that allows you to stay in shape like never before.
Consider Marcy Weight Machine if...
- You need to replace a gym membership. There are numerous workout stations to be found on this machine. It comes with a chest press station, curl pad attachment, leg developer, and more.
- You want total comfort. The seat is made out of thick, durable vinyl upholstery. With padding throughout, you can sit for a while without feeling uncomfortable.
- You like minimal maintenance. You don't need to do much upkeep on this machine. Once it's assembled, you're going to be good for a while.
Avoid Marcy Weight Machine if...
- You need upgrades. This machine only has weights that go up to 150 pounds. If you want to lift much more than that, you're out of luck.
- You want the perfect angle. The seat doesn't adjust. What you get is the way it's going to stay.
- You like simple assembly. It's not the most complex home gym to put together. However, it doesn't come with all the tools you need, so you better have your own set handy.
Marcy Weight Machine pros & cons
- 36 exercises possible
- Lat bar
- Ankle strap
- Nylon pulleys with steel ball bearings
- Foam roller padding
- No mid-pulley station
- No squats or deadlifts possible
What areas of the body does Marcy Weight Machine target?
- Arms: The curl pad attachment offers several different ways to exercise your arm muscles.]
- Legs: The leg developer is great for extensions, allowing for stand-up leg curls. You're not able to do face-down curls though.
- Chest: The chest press station allows you to target triceps in addition to your pectorals.
- Back: Some of the exercises you can do on this machine to help your back include a standing row, reverse fly, and lat pulldown.
- Shoulders: Delt raises are quick work on the Marcy Weight Machine.
- Core: You can get the abs you've always wanted courtesy of cable crunches.
Is the Marcy Weight Machine easy to use?
It takes a while to put this machine together. Plus, you better have your own toolbox to get the job done. It also helps if you have an extra set of hands. Fortunately, it comes with fairly detailed schematics, so it shouldn't be tough, just time-consuming.
Once it's up-and-running, you shouldn't have a problem going from one station to the next. It's easy to move around to the various stations without wasting a bunch of time with readjustments.
Key Marcy Weight Machine Specs
Reasons to buy Marcy Weight Machine?
- You live with other people. The Marcy Weight Machine is noteworthy for how quiet its operation is. If you live in an apartment, then that's an especially important perk.
- You don't have a lot of space. Another reason this machine is good for apartment dwellers? It has a relatively small footprint, so you should be able to find room for it almost anywhere.
- You want to focus on your whole body. From your legs to your shoulders, you can work out your entire body. That means you don't need to invest in a bunch of different items when you can get everything you need with just one purchase.
Reasons to avoid Marcy Weight Machine?
- You want to be a bodybuilder. With a max weight limit of 150 pounds, you aren't going to get super bulky with this machine alone. However, if you're fine with getting lean and toned, then it's more than enough.
What real Marcy Weight Machine reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Marcy Weight Machine receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.8 (across several hundred reviews). Marcy Weight Machine scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "As of now I'm very happy with the product. The instructions are very easy to follow."
- "Very well engineered, sturdy, compact and excellent gym."
- "Great for arms and legs and so easy to stay committed to my work out with this piece of equipment beckoning to me when I get home from work."
- "Operation of the machine is very smooth. All cables and pulleys are located as to make this a very nice working unit."
- "The machine and pulleys move well. The operation is balanced, and the printed instructions on the weight stack cover are useful."
What reviewers dislike
- "This thing is heavy, so it came in 3 packages at different times."
- "For what this is, it is a good gym; with a little extra design effort it could be a great one."
- "The handles for the chest press slightly impede the Fly range of motion."
- "The seat isn't adjustable (I knew that before buying) and I am only 5 feet tall so I may have to sit on a cushion for some things, but not many."
- "Can be a little wobbly with certain stand up motions."
The Marcy Weight Machine provides you with 36 different exercises to utilize the 150-pound weight stack. It's a great variety considering it's one of the more affordable home gyms out there. And it still manages to give you 6 different stations for a full-body regimen.
With a weight stack maxing out at 150 pounds, it's a little on the lighter side. However, if you just need something to keep you in shape while keeping you invested in your workouts, then this machine is for you.
Where to buy Marcy Weight Machine
Amazon has the best deal around on the Marcy Weight Machine. Plus, you can take advantage of Amazon's fast, free shipping!