The Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike has a lot to love. It's priced affordably and features a padded seat for extra comfort as you cycle. Eight resistance levels allow you to work your way up through the ranks so that you can effectively reach your fitness goals.
Is the Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike best for you?
The Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike comes with a smart, step-through design. This makes it easier on seniors and people with mobility issues since they don't have to climb on top of the bike. It's also constructed out of heavy-duty parts that are built to last. The 14-gauge steel tubing allows the bike to support up to 300 pounds.
The recumbent bike is also battery-powered. You only need to use AA batteries to get moving, so you can place it anywhere in your house without worrying about where you're going to plug it in. Quiet operation and a simple assembly make this bike wonderful for people from all fitness levels, allowing you to get the stationary bike you've always wanted without breaking the bank.
Consider Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike if...
- You need a comfortable seat. You want your exercise bike to be comfortable to sit on. This machine from Marcy comes with a padded seat designed to contour to your body. You feel good, so you spend more time on it and exercise more often.
- You want batteries that last. The LCD screen is simple to read, and it's easy on the bike's batteries. Several reviewers have noted how they haven't needed to replace the batteries for years.
- You like silent operation. Other reviewers have said how quiet the recumbent bike is. You can work out on the bike with ease without disturbing other people in your house or apartment.
Avoid Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike if...
- You want workout programs. While there are eight resistance levels, there aren't any exercise programs. Some Schwinn bikes come with over 20 programs that help you focus on calorie burning or heart health, but you don't get that here.
- You don't want short handrails. The handrails come at the side of the seat, and they appear fairly short. Taller individuals may have trouble gripping the rails comfortably.
- You like monitoring your heart rate. There's no heart rate monitor on this exercise bike. If your doctor tells you your heart rate needs to stay in a certain range, then you may want something else that comes with that feature.
Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike pros & cons
- Battery-powered operation
Construction and design
- Seat: This bikes come with a padded seat that adheres to your bodily shape, keeping you comfortable during your ride.
- Pedals: This exercise bike from Marcy comes with counterbalanced pedals that are perfectly weighted. This provides your feet with additional support and puts you in utter control.
- Handlebars: The handlebars on this bike are around the seat but don't come with any heart rate sensors.
- Console: The console features an LCD screen.
- Built-in Programs: There are no preset programs in this recumbent bike.
Key Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike?
- You don't want to keep it near an outlet. You don't have to plug this recumbent bike into an outlet. It runs on batteries, so you can place it anywhere in your home without worrying about where wires are going to go.
- You're on a budget. The Marcy recumbent bike is far more affordable compared to other models. If you're just looking for something to cycle on, then this machine pretty much gives you everything you could need.
- You want to easily get in and out of the bike. This exercise bike features a step-through design. You simply walk through and sit down, making it a great choice for senior citizens and individuals recovering from injuries.
Reasons to avoid Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike?
- You want to play music through the bike. Some exercise bikes, such as the Schwinn 230, feature built-in speakers. You can plug in your MP3 players and listen to playlists directly through the machine. This feature is absent on this Marcy bike.
- You're heavier. This bike supports weights of up to 300 pounds. Some reviewers have said they weigh more and have been able to use the bike without issue. However, you may require a sturdier frame if you weigh over 300.
What real Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The bike assembled fairly easily... holds my weight, seems sturdy, and is quiet."
- "Quality is great for the price, sturdy, a little heavy, seat is roomy, back rest is supportive, arm rests help stabilize while pedaling and give a good place to rest arms."
- "I'm a 72 year old woman and I was able to get it upstairs and put together by myself."
- "Very relaxing exercise and good cardio workout. Resistance goes to 8."
- "Low Profile, it is fairly low to the ground meaning it isnt an eye sore and is easy to hide when company is visiting."
What reviewers dislike
- "We have it adjusted all the way forward to the closest position and it's just right for me and my wife. She's 5' 3" and I'm 5' 10". Could be a problem for someone really short."
- "I found the pedaling to be not as smooth across the entire stride/rotation."
- "Hardest setting seems to be at about average peddling on a single speed bike to me."
- "I agree with others who have complained about the seat being somewhat uncomfortable after you've sat on it a few minutes or longer."
- "The only gripe I have is that if you peddle backwards it sounds like it’s going to break."
The Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike is a high-quality machine when you want to cycle in the comfort of your home. The fact that it's battery-powered makes it a lot easier to place in your home gym. Plus, the fact that it's so quiet allows anyone to reap the benefits without making noise throughout the house.
It may not come with as many features as other bikes, but then again, it also comes at a fraction of the price. This bike is recommended to anyone who just needs a straightforward recumbent bike without any confusing bells and whistles. It allows you to spin in total comfort.
Where to buy Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike
The recumbent bike from Marcy is available for sale on Amazon. Not only do you get a great price, this exercise bike qualifies for Amazon's fast, free shipping! You can get to working out in no time.