The Nautilus R618 Recumbent Bike is ideal even for professional cyclists. It comes with state-of-the-art features, including Bluetooth and compatibility with iFit. Combined with the 29 workout programs that comes automatically with the bike, you can push yourself physically like never before.
Is the Nautilus R618 Recumbent Bike best for you?
You don't have to spend an arm and a leg to get a high-quality exercise bike, and the Nautilus R618 proves it. The extra-wide, ventilated seat is a major step up from other devices in its price range. For added comfort, you also receive weighted pedals that force you to really push yourself to get in a solid workout.
It's easy to start using this machine, and you can make it work ideally for you with the Adjustable Sight Line tilting console. This allows you to move the console depending on your height so that you can optimally view your stats. A water bottle holder, USB port, and sound system are just some of the other perks you're bound to enjoy.
Consider Nautilus R618 Recumbent Bike if...
- You need apps in your workouts. This bike is compatible with MyFitnessPal and the Nautilus app. These open up other programs to you as well as help you monitor your progress.
- You want adjustability. The seat, pedals, and console can all be moved. That means you can set it for the exact angle that's optimal for you.
- You like a ventilated seat. The reclining seat features ventilation. This helps keep your back cool while promoting healthier blood circulation.
Avoid Nautilus R618 Recumbent Bike if...
- You need an integrated tablet holder. If you want your tablet and screen visible at the same time, you're out of luck here. You can rest the tablet on the holder, but it covers the screen if you do so.
- You want a stronger fan. The Nautilus R618 does come with a cooling fan. However, many reviews note how it isn't that strong.
- You want easier-to-find replacement parts. In the event the seat ever breaks, you may have a difficult time tracking another one down.
Nautilus R618 Recumbent Bike pros & cons
- 29 workout programs
- 25 resistance levels
- USB port
- Simple assembly
- Weak fan
- Difficulty finding replacement parts
Construction and design
- Seat: The seat on this bike is larger-than-average to support all kinds of body types. Gel cushioning keeps you comfortable while ventilation on the back prevents too much sweat from building up.
- Pedals: The pedals come weighted to make them sturdier. And there are straps to keep your feet in position.
- Handlebars: Handlebars are found on either side of the seat. Plus, they come with sensors to monitor your heart rate.
- Console: The tilting console allows you to keep an eye on all of your stats however is most comfortable for you.
- Built-in Programs: 29 preset workout programs come standard with this machine with some of the options including heart rate training, weight loss, and interval training.
Key Nautilus R618 Recumbent Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Nautilus R618 Recumbent Bike?
- You want to make your own workout programs. While this bike comes with preset workouts, you can also customize them to your heart's content. That way you can constantly build on what you've already accomplished and move forward.
- You're heavier. With a sturdy frame, the Nautilus R618 can support up to 325 pounds. This is in contrast to the Nautilus R616, which can only handle 300 pounds.
- You want your phone or tablet fully charged. If you want to watch TV or get some work done on your tablet while you exercise, you're in luck. You can plug your mobile device directly into the bike so that it remains charged as you're pedaling.
Reasons to avoid Nautilus R618 Recumbent Bike?
- You want a lengthier warranty. Many treadmills and ellipticals offer lifetime warranties on the frame. With this bike, you only get 15 years of coverage.
What real Nautilus R618 Recumbent Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Nautilus R618 Recumbent Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Nautilus R618 Recumbent Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The Nautilus R618 is at the top end of residential level recumbents."
- "The assembly process was easy and all parts were present and undamaged."
- "The bike is only rated for 325 pounds, but it has stood up to some brutal use."
- "Each time you reach a new high calorie record the bike beeps a short song."
- "I leave the 10 inch Fire Tablet there and it charges fine on the built in USB."
What reviewers dislike
- "Weak instructions."
- "Front handlebars are useless for anyone tall."
- "The large number of operational features can make for a large learning curve."
- "Just don't expect quite gym quality and be ready for some bumps with delivery and assembly."
- "The noisiest part of the bike is the fan."
The Nautilus R618 recumbent bike rides like something you might find at a commercial gym. The areas it excels in most is comfort, giving you plenty of maneuverability and exercise options so that there's something for everyone. Plus, it's low price tag makes it a worthwhile investment.
There are some features you may wish this bike came with, like an actual tablet holder and longer warranty. However, those aspects are easy to overlook once you get moving. It's compact and ideal for any home gym.
Where to buy Nautilus R618 Recumbent Bike
The Nautilus R618 Recumbent Bike, and various other exercise products from the brand, is available on Amazon. Plus, you can enjoy Amazon's fast, free shipping!