The Sole E20 elliptical is an entry-level machine with a decent number of features. One saving grace of this device is that it's highly customizable, allowing you to adjust both the stride and incline. This makes it great if you want to save money and need an elliptical for multiple people in your household.
Is the Sole E20 Elliptical best for you?
The Sole E20 elliptical manages to be both sturdy and compact. It boasts a 21-pound flywheel with 20 different resistance levels to give you plenty of room for growth. Plus, the 325-pound weight capacity is a great bonus for a machine in this price range. While it doesn't fold up, you can utilize the transport wheels to move it when you need to.
The built-in speakers are great for anyone who needs music to get pumped up, and the speakers are compatible with MP3 and Apple devices. You're also going to find handy bonuses, such as a water bottle holder and built-in fan. There are also 2 handlebar sets to give you options on how you go about your grip.
Consider Sole E20 Elliptical if...
- You need varying strides. If you plan on using this elliptical with other people, then you may need to adjust the machine accordingly. This elliptical features adjustable stride lengths, so people of different heights can alter the settings to their likings.
- You want music as you exercise. This machine is compatible with both MP3 players and Apple devices. You can listen to music through the elliptical's speakers to pump yourself up as you work out.
- You like smooth resistance. This device features an ECB magnetic resistance system. It offers a smooth ride that makes you actually look forward to breaking out a sweat.
Avoid Sole E20 Elliptical if...
- You like to read as you exercise. Unlike other ellipticals, such as the Sole E55, this machine doesn't come with a media shelf. That means you really can't read as you work out, which some people may not like.
- You prefer a bigger LCD screen. Some reviews have noted how the LCD display on the console is pretty small. It may be tough for some people to read their stats.
- You want an easier time finding an elliptical. The Sole E20 has since been discontinued. Therefore, a lot of retailers no longer carry it.
Sole E20 Elliptical pros & cons
- Power adjustable incline
- Front and rear movement capabilities
- Transport wheels
- Up to 20-inch stride
- Non-adjustable pedals
- Non-adjustable console
Construction and design
- Flywheel: This elliptical comes with a 21-pound flywheel that offers adequate resistance to give you a solid workout.
- Pedals: There are 15-inch oversized foot pedals to give you a solid foundation for your workouts.
- Handlebars: There are 2 sets of handlebars next to the console that provide you with different ways to grip.
- Console: The console comes with a 5.5-inch backlit LCD screen. It boasts 10 workout programs.
- Resistance: There are 16 resistance levels to allow you to work your way up as you become more comfortable on the machine.
- Built-in Programs/Features: With 10 preset settings, you have quite a few options of how you want to work up a sweat.
Key Sole E20 Elliptical Specs
Reasons to buy Sole E20 Elliptical?
- You want a used elliptical. Since this model has been discontinued, most of the ones you find for sale are used. It was already a pretty affordable machine, but buying used allows you to save even more money.
- You like a straightforward machine. This device doesn't come with a ton of bells and whistles. If you just want to exercise without figuring out how to do a bunch of extras, then it fits the bill.
- You prefer staying cool. This elliptical comes with a built-in fan. You can blow cool air on your face to stay cozy as you work out.
Reasons to avoid Sole E20 Elliptical?
- You want more workout programs. With only 10 preset programs, there isn't a ton of variety, especially compared to other models that give you at least 20 programs to choose from.
- You don't like squeaking. Some reviews note how this machine squeaks when it's in use. However, your experience may differ.
What real Sole E20 Elliptical reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Sole E20 Elliptical receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.8 (across several hundred reviews). Sole E20 Elliptical scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It is sturdy and quiet. I have not had any problems."
- "I would recommend Sole brand [for] your indoor exercise equipment."
- "These are great machines and activate more muscle groups than your average elliptical."
- "I have had this SOLE E20 Elliptical for over five years and used it pretty much [every day]."
- "The Sole E20 is a durable and well-built trainer that is ideal for almost any user looking for a reliable trainer."
What reviewers dislike
- "The plastic bushings and connections for the under pedal and pedal arm joints wear out like butter."
- "The wheel jumps off when [I'm] running fast."
- "The bushing on mine wear out about every 6 months."
- "Some squeaking."
- "Some taller users were not entirely comfortable with the 18 stride.""
The Sole E20 elliptical is hard to come by these days