A close relative of (and slight upgrade from the Sole E95), the Sole E95S provides adjustable stride length options combined with great E95 features like a Bluetooth audio system, heart monitoring system, a heavy flywheel, 10 workout programs, and adjustable foot pedals. The E95S is whisper quiet, easy to assemble, is incredibly affordable, and is backed by a lifetime warranty.
The E95S's most attractive feature is its highly sought-after adjustable stride length option. The E95S is one of the most affordable ellipticals with this feature, making it a particularly great purchase for families with users of different heights. The E95S also includes many of the great features that the E95 provides: a built-in Bluetooth audio system, a USB port for device charging, built-in fans, 10 different workout programs, and a whisper quiet workout experience. It also includes heart rate monitoring, adjustable pedals, and a lifetime warranty.
While heavy, this elliptical has many features that top-of-the-line ellipticals provide at a much higher price. If you're trying to save money on a high-quality machine, the Sole E95S is a great choice for you.
Consider the Sole E95S if...
- You need a heavier flywheel. If you're torn between the Sole E95 and E95S but a heavy flywheel for a quieter workout is important to you, the E95S's extra 3 pounds could be all you need to say yes to this model. The 30 pound flywheel means an even quieter, smoother, and more durable workout experience!
- You want adjustable foot pedals. The E95 features a "worm drive" dial which allows you to adjust the foot pedals to an angle that feels most comfortable. This feature reduces numbness as well as any joint stress.
- You like high tech consoles. The E95's 10.1" display console includes a USB port, a smart device holder, and even a bluetooth audio system for easy music listening during your workout.
Avoid the Sole E95S if...
- You don't need a Bluetooth audio system. If you couldn't imagine parting with your earphones while working out, you may never get any use out of the E95's audio system.
- You don't like built-in fans. Some people love built-in fans for their cooling effect, but others find them a distracting nuisance while trying to workout. If you don't like built-in fans, opt for a model without this feature.
- You don't have time for a lengthy setup. Many Sole E95S reviewers comment on how long this elliptical takes to assemble on your own. While the instructions are clear and straightforward, the general consensus it that the E95S takes over 2 hours to assemble. Between jobs, hobbies, and day to day errands, you may not have that kind of disposable time to assemble your new elliptical.
Sole E95S pros & cons
- USB port
- Integrated smart device holder
- Bluetooth audio speakers
- Adjustable foot pedals
- Power adjustable stride length system
- It's heavy and awkward to move
- Doesn't include incline settings like the Sole E95
Construction and design
- Flywheel: The Sole E95's 30 pound flywheel makes for a whisper quiet and smooth workout experience. You can workout at 6AM or 10PM without disrupting your household!
- Pedals: The E95 provides foam cushioned, oversized foot pedals for added durability and comfort. A slight 2 degree inward slope on each pedal reduces ankle and knee stress while working out. Plus, these pedals feature an adjustable "worm drive" dial allowing you to customize pedal angle for added comfort and pain reduction.
- Handlebars: Molded handle grips provide an ergonomic grip on the E95S. The handlebars also include incline and resistance controls so you can easily change your workout intensity without interrupting your flow. Stationary handlebars at the front and center of this elliptical feature built-in pulse sensors to monitor your heart rate.
- Console: The E95S includes a sleek, user-friendly console with a large display and button panel for straightforward program navigation. The console includes bluetooth audio integration for easy music listening from your smart devices through the console speakers. A USB port allows you to recharge devices while working out, and the integrated tablet holder means you can watch your favorite TV shows, read, or even answer emails while you workout. A built in fan and handy water bottle holder keep you cool and comfortable!
- Resistance: The E95S uses ECB resistance, which is a technologically advanced magnetic resistance system.
- Built-in Programs/Features: The E95S comes with 6 standard programs, 2 custom programs, 2 heart programs, and heart rate monitoring for ease of use and simplified control over your workout length and intensity. This model includes a heart rate monitor chest strap for more accurate monitoring.
Key Sole E95S Specs
Reasons to buy the Sole E95S?
- You need adjustable stride length. If multiple different household members of various sizes use the E95S, the adjustable stride length on this elliptical makes sure that everyone can workout pain and worry-free. You can easily adjust how long you'd like your stride length to be to best suit your height and desired workout intensity.
- You like to monitor your heart rate. Whether you like to momentarily monitor your heart rate via the stationary handlebar sensors, or you you like keeping an eye on it throughout your workout with a compatible chest strap monitor, the E95S provides user-friendly methods to monitor your heart rate during your session.
- You like diversifying your workout intensity. With a variety of different built-in programs, you can continuously switch up your workout routine with the E95's variety of different program settings and resistance levels.
Reasons to avoid the Sole E95S?
- You don't need to adjust stride length. One of the major reasons this model is priced higher than the E95 is its adjustable stride length feature. Do you need to adjust your stride length at your local gym, or anywhere you've used an elliptical? If the answer is no, opt for the E95 instead. You'll get all the same great features for less, minus stride adjustability.
- You'd like to move your elliptical when it's not in use. The E95S weighs a whopping 265 pounds and stands at about 5'9 ft. This is a large and heavy machine for even a few people to move, let alone one person. If you want to move your elliptical when you aren't using it, the E95S probably isn't a great choice.
What real Sole E95S reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? The Sole E95S receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.8 (across several hundred reviews). The Sole E95S scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Finally found an elliptical which would support my weight/stride with a warranty."
- "The dashboard is straight forward, saves profiles, has a lot of great options. It is very stable and is a great workout."
- "The elliptical is quiet, heavy-duty, and easy to use."
- "The bluetooth heart monitor is great and the arms move smoothly, with several grip options."
- "It has all the added features I need!"
What reviewers dislike
- "Only drawback is the weight. That was an inconvenience."
- "The machine is difficult to assemble, but once it's up, it's terrific."
- "Only issues have been some periodic squeaking, but WD-40 has sufficed to solve that problem."
- "the display is not a touch screen, so you have program on the control panel below the screen."
- "My only minor complaint was in assembly."
The Sole E95S Elliptical is one of the most affordable adjustable stride ellipticals on the market—making this elliptical a great option considering this feature alone. But the E95S does more than that: it provides an excellent combination of versatility, high-tech features, and quality construction for its mid-range, under $3000 price point. This elliptical offers 10 different programs, adjustable foot pedals, and a high-tech, user-friendly console. Nearly every E95S review is a positive one raving about ease of use and whisper quiet workouts. The rare complaints are usually about the elliptical's heaviness and lengthy setup, which are relatively minor issues.
The Sole E95S is a great choice for individuals who enjoy a high-tech console and various built-in programs and settings without spending $3000 or more. This elliptical's adjustable stride length feature makes it a particularly good buy for family units with users of different heights and workout intensity preferences.
Where to buy the Sole E95S
You can find the Sole E95S elliptical on Amazon for a great price! Use Amazon Prime to have your new machine delivered in just a few days. Amazon makes it easy to compare the Sole E95S with other elliptical options, so you can decide which machine is ultimately right for you.