The Nordictrack A2105 is a solid treadmill with ample features. Some of the perks include a high-resolution display screen, pulse rate monitor, and ample cushioning on the running deck. While it's comfortable, this particular treadmill has since been discontinued by Nordictrack.
Is the Nordictrack A2105 treadmill best for you?
If you can still get your hands on one, then the Nordictrack A2105 treadmill is worth a look. The cushioning places less stress on your hips, knees, and ankles to drastically reduce recovery time. Plus, you can effortlessly keep track of your progress from one week to the next with the iFit fitness journal system.
You can go up to 10 miles per hour on this machine and enjoy an incline of up to 10 percent. With 16 preset programs, there are numerous ways to alter your workouts to get them exactly as you want them. Plus, the Club-Design CardioGrip makes it easy to know your heart-rate range.
Consider Nordictrack A2105 if...
- You need reliable cushioning. This treadmill boasts FlexResponse Impact Reducing Cushioning to keep you comfortable as you jog. It's perfect for individuals with knee or ankle issues.
- You want to track your progress. This treadmill is compatible with the iFit Fitness Journal. 2 users can chart their progress as they keep monitor their progression over time.
- You like quiet operation. The Nordictrack A2105 is designed to have a smooth, quiet operation. You're bound to notice a difference when comparing its drive belt with others in the same class.
Avoid Nordictrack A2105 if...
- You need more room. The running track on this treadmill measures 20" x 55". While it's not small by any means, it's tinier than the standard 20" x 60" tracks you find on most other machines.
- You want to run. While this treadmill has speeds of up to 10 miles per hour, it's not particularly suitable for constant sprinting. It's more recommended for walking and jogging.
- You're on a budget. With a price tag of over $1,000, the Nordictrack A2105 costs a pretty penny. You may be able to find another treadmill with more desirable features for the same cost.
Nordictrack A2105 pros & cons
- Dual-grip EKG heart rate monitor
- 1-touch speed and incline controls
- 16 workout programs
- Grafixx display
- Weaker motor
- Expensive for what you get
Construction and design
- Motor: This treadmill comes with a 2.8CHP motor that's self-cooling and doesn't emit as much noise as other motors.
- Running Surface: The running track on this treadmill measures 20" x 55".
- Touchscreen: You can see all the workout information you need on the Grafixx display. It visually displays an animated figure or an animation of a heart beat to show your progress as you jog.
- Speakers: There are no speakers built into this machine.
- Built-in Programs: 16 preset programs total are found on this treadmill. 8 of them are weight loss programs to help you burn calories more efficiently.
Key Nordictrack A2105 Specs
Reasons to buy Nordictrack A2105?
- You plan on using the treadmill with other people. You can create 2 user profiles with the A2105, so both you and your partner can work out and keep track of your progress with ease.
- You like variety in your workouts. With 16 different programs to choose from, there are plenty of ways for you to run on this treadmill.
- You want a cool breeze as you jog. This machine comes with a built-in fan. You can blow it on your face to cool yourself off after an intense workout.
Reasons to avoid Nordictrack A2105?
- You don't want expensive repairs. Nordictrack treadmills are notoriously difficult to repair. If something breaks, then you may have to spend quite a bit to get it up-and-running again.
- You don't want to track an A2105 down. The Nordictrack A2105 has been discontinued. As such, it can be tough to find one in the first place.
- What real Nordictrack A2105 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Nordictrack A2105 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Nordictrack A2105 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Runs smooth everything works like it should."
- "I knew NordicTrack was the way to go."
- "Fans are in perfect spot, belt runs smooth and computer is easy to use."
- "This is a completely different treadmill experience."
- "It makes running on a treadmill as fun as it possibly can be."
What reviewers dislike
- "It was time consuming to assemble this product on your own."
- "Some of the materials seem cheap and extra care is needed during installation."
- "The design could be more user friendly."
- "The preloaded programs are not great."
- "Don't know why they can't move from warmup speed directly into the run."
The Nordictrack A2105 is a solid treadmill that comes with plenty of useful features to make it worth considering. The cushioning on the deck is second-to-none, making it immensely comfortable to walk on. The fact you can keep your own fitness journal and monitor your heart rate are icing on the cake.
With that being said, many reviews should provide a word of caution. The construction doesn't seem to be as sturdy as what you might find with other treadmills. Ultimately, the bells and whistles are nice, and it's just a shame it's hard to locate.
Where to buy Nordictrack A2105
Since it's been discontinued, it can be tough to find the Nordictrack A2105. However, you can find plenty of other Nordictrack treadmills on Amazon at great prices along with free shipping. Browse the selection, and you may just find something else that better suits your home gym.