The Nordictrack Audiostrider 800 elliptical has a lot of great features that users benefit from for years to come. The solid steel construction of the frame ensures its longevity while the SpaceSaver design allows you to fold it up and put it out of the way when it's not in use.
Is the Nordictrack Audiostrider 800 elliptical best for you?
You can get in outstanding shape with the aid of the Nordictrack Audiostrider 800. The oversized pedals and 18-inch stride length allows you to engage in a variety of low-impact movements to burn calories. Additionally, it comes with an EKG coronary heart monitor, so you know your precise pulse every step of the way.
Many users end up loving the StrideMax incline ramp, which gives you up with a 30 percent incline. You're also going to find some creature comforts, such as a water bottle holder and an AutoBreeze fan that has four separate settings. Even better? It's priced lower than comparable models!
Consider Nordictrack Audiostrider 800 if...
- You need to save on space. Unlike many other ellipticals, you can actually fold the Audiostrider in on itself. This allows you to make room in your home when you need it.
- You want durability. This machine boasts a solid steel construction. While you get a lifetime warranty on the frame, you shouldn't have to worry about it degrading any time soon.
- You like a sizable incline. This elliptical provides you with an incline capable of reaching 30 degrees. It's a vast improvement over other models that only go up to 10 degrees.
Avoid Nordictrack Audiostrider 800 if...
- You need more programs. The Audiostrider comes with 8 preset programs. It pales in comparison to something like the Yowza Elliptical which gives you 21 settings.
- You want to avoid an extended warranty. While the frame is covered for a lifetime, you don't have as much luck with parts and labor. You can always purchase an extended warranty, but that's going to set you back quite a bit more.
- You want an easier elliptical to find. The Audiostrider 800 has since been discontinued by Nordictrack. That means you're going to have a tough time tracking one down, unless you want to buy one used.
Nordictrack Audiostrider 800 pros & cons
- iPod compatible audio
- 12 resistance levels
- Auto breeze fan
- Oversized pedals
- Short parts and labor warranty
- Limited programs
Construction and design
- Flywheel: This elliptical comes with a rear flywheel, which many users state allows them to stay upright more easily while exercising.
- Pedals: The oversized pedals provide you with greater traction as you exercise, greatly reducing the likelihood of slipping.
- Handlebars: You can give your arms as much of a workout as your legs with the moveable handlebars.
- Console: The console boasts an impressive array of features, including a water bottle holder, media shelf, and one-touch function buttons.
- Resistance: 12 resistance levels come with this device, all courtesy of the silent magnetic resistance system.
- Built-in Programs/Features: There are 8 preset programs to choose from that offer some variety to your exercise regimen.
Key Nordictrack Audiostrider 800 Specs
Reasons to buy Nordictrack Audiostrider 800?
- You want peace and quiet. The Audiostrider is noteworthy for its lack of sound. It's not going to disturb you or anyone you live with while you exercise.
- You like exercising to music. This machine comes with a built-in audio system, so you can plug in your MP3 player and start jamming out.
- You want your tablet with you. With a media shelf, you can watch whatever you want on your iPad as you work out. It helps make the time on the elliptical just fly by.
Reasons to avoid Nordictrack Audiostrider 800?
- You're taller. An 18-inch stride is lower than other devices. It may not feel particularly comfortable if you're well over 6 feet in height.
- You're heavier. This elliptical can support weights of up to 300 pounds. That should work well for most people, but if you weigh substantially more than that, then you need an elliptical with a sturdier frame.
What real Nordictrack Audiostrider 800 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Nordictrack Audiostrider 800 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.8 (across several hundred reviews). Nordictrack Audiostrider 800 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I promptly did one of the pre-programmed 30 minute workouts called rolling hills and I really enjoyed it."
- "After one month of use, no problems or signs of wear."
- "Very well made."
- "Easy install. Quick delivery."
- "It holds up well for a heavier user, it’s remarkably noiseless, offers stability and a great elliptical stride."
What reviewers dislike
- "I bought this elliptical used and cannot figure out where the charger plugs in."
- "The NordicTrack AudioStrider 800 is a complicated elliptical."
- "Do you know is there a way to put no resistance? I have mine on 1 and it’s still pretty tough."
- "It came in many pieces which was intimidating at first."
- "The warranty is weak on NordicTrack machines."
The Nordictrack Audiostrider 800 is an affordable piece of equipment that offers a handy set of features. In addition to the usual suspects, such as a water bottle holder and sound system, you also get oversized pedals that allow you to work out with peace of mind.
You may have some trouble locating one of these machines these days. They've been discontinued as Nordictrack has gone on to manufacture more advanced models. However, if you have the chance to buy one, then it can be a cheap way to outfit your home gym with a great machine.
Where to buy Nordictrack Audiostrider 800
The Nordictrack Audiostrider 800 is no longer available on Amazon. However, you can still find other Nordictrack products on the site that help you stay in excellent shape.