The NordicTrack C2200 is a decent workhorse for the price. The most impressive feature to be found is heart rate monitoring sensors, which don't usually come on models this inexpensive. The 12 percent maximum incline is also great to see, considering it's a tad higher than what you find elsewhere.
Is the NordicTrack C2200 treadmill best for you?
The NordicTrack C2200 is really only recommended to people on tight budgets. You end up saving a lot of money and outfitting your personal gym with a sturdy machine that offers a decent array of features. The main question with this machine is if you can even find it since it's been discontinued.
If you do get your hands on one, then you can expect 10 solid workout programs built into the machine. OneTouch speed and incline controls are also great to see. With this, you don't have to keep pressing buttons to get to the settings you want. It automatically adjusts to the speed and incline you prefer.
Consider NordicTrack C2200 if...
- You need a decent incline. The incline on this treadmill goes up to 12 percent. It's a noteworthy feature considering many other treadmills only give you 10 percent to work with.
- You want good programs. There are 10 programs total in this machine. 8 are preset while the other 2 focus on your heart's health.
- You like a cooling fan. Working up a sweat isn't easy. Luckily, this treadmill includes a built-in fan, so you can cool down after a long jog.
Avoid NordicTrack C2200 if...
- You need to sprint. With a 2.25CHP motor, this treadmill is best for walking or light jogging. While it can go up to 10 miles per hour, the treadmill may not perform best at that setting.
- You want somewhere to put your tablet. There's no real shelf on this unit. That means you have nowhere to put your tablet if you want to read e-books while you exercise.
- You want a device that's easier to find. The NordicTrack C2200 has since been discontinued. That means you may have trouble finding one at all of the typical retailers.
NordicTrack C2200 pros & cons
- Heart rate monitor
- OneTouch speed and incline controls
- Carb counter
- Short running deck
- Weak motor
Construction and design
- Motor: The 2.25CHP motor is protected by a lifetime warranty. However, it's not as strong as what you tend to find in more modern treadmills.
- Running Surface: The track measures 20" x 55", making it suitable for most people regardless of height.
- Touchscreen: While it's not a touchscreen, this machine does include a display that allows you to monitor calories, distance, speed, and other stats.
- Speakers: You aren't going to find an audio system built into this machine.
- Built-in Programs: You have 10 programs to choose from to get started.
Key NordicTrack C2200 Specs
Reasons to buy NordicTrack C2200?
- You want something simple. The NordicTrack C2200 doesn't come with a ton of special features. It's straightforward to use for people who just want to walk a little while watching TV.
- You're on a budget. This treadmill is on the lower end of the price scale for treadmills. Since it's discontinued, you may have to buy one used, which should bring the price down even further.
- You value heart rate monitoring. It's tough to find heart rate sensors on treadmills under $1,000. But that's precisely what this model offers.
Reasons to avoid NordicTrack C2200?
- You want something long-term. Even if you're just starting out, you may grow out of this machine prematurely. Unless you plan on walking all the time, it's best to spend a little extra money and get something you can use for years to come.
What real NordicTrack C2200 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? NordicTrack C2200 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). NordicTrack C2200 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This has been a great solution for our family- even my husband likes to get on and go for a walk before work which makes it all worth it."
- "There is a lot of plastic but it all feels solid and sturdy and should last for many, many years to come."
- "I think the noise is about as quiet as you can make a treadmill."
- "Really nice. The incline is smooth, belt pull is powerful."
- "Sturdy, quiet and filled with options."
What reviewers dislike
- "You [cannot] set this up by yourself; it definitely needs two people."
- "My only complaint is that it makes a popping noise when you first increase your incline."
- "Given that it is a very sturdy product, it's no surprise that the shipping box is VERY heavy."
- "If you expect a high level of functions, you better pay the Monthly fee."
- "It’s not as quiet as I would like."
The NordicTrack C2200 was a decent choice when it first came out. However, it's been surpassed by other NordicTrack treadmills. Plus, the fact it's difficult to find these days means you're likely better off bringing something else into your home gym.
If you like what you get with the C2200, then your best alternative is the NordicTrack T-series, which has a range of options from affordable to expensive. It's also important to keep in mind that if you buy a NordicTrack C2200 used, then you don't get the warranty with it, which could complicate matters down the line.
Where to buy NordicTrack C2200
The NordicTrack C2200 is no longer sold on Amazon. However, you can find other NordicTrack treadmills on Amazon, and they come with free shipping.