The NordicTrack C 850s is a sturdy choice for people who want to work out in the comfort of their homes. The 20" x 60" tread belt is capable of supporting weights of up to 325 pounds. Combined with 24 preset programs, you can work out to your heart's content with this long-lasting machine.
Is the NordicTrack C 850s Treadmill best for you?
The NordicTrack C 850s Treadmill is a great option for people who don't mind spending a little more for quality. You're comfortable through every step of your workout thanks to FlexSelect cushioning, which goes easier on your joints compared to pavement. Plus, you can push yourself to the limits with speeds of up to 12 miles per hour and inclines of up to 12 degrees.
As if that wasn't enough, you can also take advantage of iFit workouts with an optional subscription. You can exercise with motivation from world-class personal trainers guiding you through every facet of your regimen. With the built-in audio system, you can listen to anything you want right there within the machine.
Consider NordicTrack C 850s if...
- You need a treadmill that offers a little something extra. Whereas other models, like the NordicTrack T 6.5s, only provide speeds of up to 10 miles per hour, this one goes up to 12 mph. Plus, it supports weights of up to 325 pounds in lieu of 300 that comes standard.
- You want the SpaceSaver design. If you're short on space, then you don't always need to keep this treadmill out. With EasyLift Assist, you can effortlessly fold it up and put it out of the way until you want to use it again.
- You like a built-in audio system. Using headphones to listen to your workout playlists can become cumbersome quickly. With this machine, you can plug your device in and blast music over the speakers.
Avoid NordicTrack C 850s if...
- You need to browse the internet. Some of the more contemporary treadmill models provide you with a touchscreen, allowing you to access the web. You don't get that here.
- You want to monitor your heart rate wirelessly. You can keep track of your heart rate with the grip sensors in the handlebars. However, this machine doesn't include a wireless chest strap.
- You don't like noisier treadmills. The 2.75CHP motor in this treadmill is decently powerful. But some users note how it can get pretty noisy, especially when you run at higher speeds.
NordicTrack C 850s pros & cons
- FlexSelect cushioning
- 24 preset workouts
- Integrated speaker system
- AutoBreeze fan
Construction and design
- Motor: You get a 2.75CHP motor with this treadmill that's capable of supporting speeds of up to 12 mph and inclines of up to 12 degrees.
- Running Surface: The running belt measures 20" x 60", which is suitable for people of practically any height.
- Touchscreen: You get a multi-window LCD display that provides you with all the valuable stats you need to keep track of each workout.
- Speakers: You can run with your favorite songs in the background thanks to the integrated speaker system that's compatible with MP3 players.
- Built-in Programs: There are 24 pre-programmed settings to choose from that focus on different facets of your health.
Key NordicTrack C 850s Specs
Reasons to buy NordicTrack C 850s?
- You need a reliable machine. The NordicTrack C 850s was built to last. Plus, you get a lifetime of coverage on both the frame and motor. So if anything happens to either one, you know you're safe.
- You plan on using iFit. The great thing about this treadmill is that it comes with 30 days of iFit for free. This gives you a chance to make sure the subscription is a good fit for you before buying it.
- You want to engage in a variety of exercises. Some treadmills are better for walking versus running or vice versa. However, you can walk, jog, and sprint to your heart's content on this device.
Reasons to avoid NordicTrack C 850s?
- You don't want to pay for extras. While iFit is a great perk, it does come with a monthly fee. Fortunately, you can use this treadmill without buying it, but a lot of people seem to think iFit makes the machine.
What real NordicTrack C 850s reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? NordicTrack C 850s receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). NordicTrack C 850s scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Machine is easy to assemble and works perfectly for walking or jogging."
- "Just bought this and already used it. Works great and really modern."
- "We had upgraded from our other treadmill and this one is definitely worth the money!"
- "Very easy to put together."
- "Very user friendly, great for starters."
What reviewers dislike
- "It is super heavy."
- "Machine is loud when you on/off/change speed/incline."
- "If by mistake you pressed twice on stop button to pause, it will restart."
- "The heart rate monitor not accurate at times."
- "I had a problem with Activation with Ifit."
The NordicTrack C 850s comes with plenty of perks to make it worth the price. It's large enough to support a range of body types, and even without iFit, you get a decent range of workout programs. With a fan, sound system, and so much more, you're going to love your new exercise regimen.
It's noisy and heavy, but you tend to find that with most treadmills in this range. Once you get it up-and-running, you aren't going to really notice some of the minor cons.
Where to buy NordicTrack C 850s
The NordicTrack C 850s is available for the best price on Amazon. Plus, you can enjoy Amazon's fast, free shipping!