The NordicTrack C2000 Treadmill may no longer be manufactured, but the ones out there come with plenty of useful features. You're in total control with Quick Incline and Quick Speed settings. Plus, you can store up to 3 manual programs in the machine to use whenever you want.
Is the NordicTrack C2000 Treadmill best for you?
The NordicTrack C2000 may have been outpaced by later models, but many people who got them back in the day are still using them. It's a great option for beginners, particularly when it comes to the shock-absorbing cushioning. You're able to spring back up effortlessly with every step, and you don't have to worry as much when it comes to recovery time.
The running deck is a good size, measuring 20" x 60". But if you need to save space, then you can fold it up when the SpaceSaver design. The heart rate monitor is rare to find in this treadmill's price range, allowing it to remain viable a lot longer than some of the competitors.
Consider NordicTrack C2000 if...
- You need to motivate yourself with iFit. This treadmill is one of the most affordable on the market that's compatible with iFit. It syncs up directly with the machine and talks to you, keeping you invested in your regimen.
- You want to work out differently. This treadmill offers a manual mode where you decide the incline and speed. You can also choose from a variety of preset programs or create your very own custom workouts.
- You like shock-absorbing running decks. Running can be tough on your knees. Fortunately, with cushioning built into the track, your knees don't take as much abuse.
Avoid NordicTrack C2000 if...
- You need more power. This model comes with a 2.0CHP motor. It doesn't offer as much power as more advanced models with 3.0CHP motors.
- You're an advanced runner. The weaker motor means this machine is best-suited for walking. If you prefer running, then you may want something more powerful.
- You like wireless heart rate monitoring. You can keep tabs on your heart rate via the sensors in the handlebars. But if you prefer keeping your hands free, you may be disappointed there's no wireless option.
NordicTrack C2000 pros & cons
- Adjustable cushioning
- 12 percent incline
- Speeds up to 12 mph
- SpaceSaver technology
- Weaker motor
- Have to pay extra for iFit
Construction and design
- Motor: The 2.0CHP motor is fairly quiet and allows for smooth operation. However, regularly running may cause it to wear out prematurely.
- Running Surface: The running track measures roughly 20" x 60". This is standard for most treadmills made these days.
- Touchscreen: The display screen is easy to read, and there's even a shelf over it for you to keep your smartphone, MP3 player, or tablet.
- Speakers: The speaker system allows you to listen to music playlists or your iFit trainer directly over the machine.
- Built-in Programs: There are 15 programs to choose from. They range from aerobic to weight loss.
Key NordicTrack C2000 Specs
Reasons to buy NordicTrack C2000?
- You put safety first. This treadmill comes with a safety clip you attach to yourself. If it comes out due to you slipping, then the machine automatically stops, preventing any further injury.
- You enjoy aromatherapy. Believe it or not, this treadmill has a place to put a scent pad in front of the fan. That way you enjoy a lovely aroma as you work up a sweat.
- You want a trusted brand. NordicTrack has been making exercise equipment for decades now. You can trust what the company makes.
Reasons to avoid NordicTrack C2000?
- You want to avoid a used machine. It's tough to track down the C2000 these days. You can find used models, but when you do that, you don't get the warranty. Plus, you never know for certain what kind of condition it's in.
What real NordicTrack C2000 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? NordicTrack C2000 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). NordicTrack C2000 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It has 15 professionally designed programs built in, although to be honest I switch to manual control to go at my own pace."
- "The machine is completely safe and extremely simple to operate."
- "It has digital incline settings, together with hand grip pulse sensors to measure heart rate, an important factor in any fitness regime."
- "There is also an MP3 docking connection, with built in speakers."
- "With a 10 year warranty on the motor and 2 years on parts, the Nordic Track c2000 is the real deal and an ideal acquisition for fitness users of all levels."
What reviewers dislike
- "The NordicTrack C2000 treadmill is a decent piece of kit but it's aged now."
- "Has been surpassed by newer machines with modern features and better value for money."
- "The C2000 is not currently available from any retailers we're aware of."
- "iFit is pretty cool but still has a long way to go like perhaps including a search feature."
- "If you are a walker, it's probably overkill."
The NordicTrack C2000 is decent enough for the price. It has a leg-up from some of the cheaper models by offering OneTouch controls and a greater variety of programs. However, most people are going to find they should spend a little extra for something a bit more robust.
The ProForm 545i has many of the same features but is an even better value for the money. Ultimately, it's hard to find a brand new C2000 these days, so you should look into some of the newer NordicTrack treadmills rather than buying a used one.
Where to buy NordicTrack C2000
NordicTrack has a variety of treadmills for sale on Amazon. It's there you find them at the best price possible. Plus, you can take advantage of their fast, free shipping.