Nordictrack ellipticals are some of the most technologically-advanced machines you're going to find designed for home use. These ellipticals come with 7- or 10-inch wide displays on the console, and they're compatible with iFit Coach features, which can even provide you with HD workout videos.
Is the Nordictrack Elliptical best for you?
Nordictrack has produced some of the best ellipticals in recent memory, and there's bound to be one right for you. For instance, you can consider the Nordictrack FreeStride, which is essentially an elliptical, treadmill, and stair stepper all-in-one. It's also up to you to decide whether you want a machine with a front-drive, center-drive, or rear-drive, all of which have their perks.
That's only the beginning as these devices come with onboard speaker systems with MP3 inputs. There are also adjustable foot pedals to give you the greatest amount of ergonomic support depending on your needs. Honestly, the right Nordictrack elliptical is out there for everyone.
Consider Nordictrack Elliptical if...
- You need wide resistance ranges. These ellipticals are capable of accommodating all fitness levels. Whether you're an expert or just starting out, there's a machine that works for you.
- You want HD displays. Nordictrack is a premier brand. And as such, you can find 7-inch and 10-inch HD display screens on the consoles.
- You like to use iFit. With such high-quality screens, you can sync your machine with iFit. This gives you access to numerous other workout programs as well as virtual trails to take your workouts to the next level.
Avoid Nordictrack Elliptical if...
- You're on a budget. If you want one of the higher-end Nordictrack ellipticals, then you should be ready to spend quite a bit. Nordictrack has earned its reputation for offering top-notch products, but they don't come cheaply.
- You want a stronger warranty. In-home labor costs aren't covered by the brand's warranty. That means if anything related to labor happens, then you're going to have to pay out-of-pocket.
- You like better customer service. A lot of people have noted in their reviews how it can be tough to get ahold of customer service at certain points of the year. If you have a question, it may be a while until you can get in contact with someone.
Nordictrack Elliptical pros & cons
- Rear-drive, front-drive, and FreeStride trainers
- Moving handlebars
- Adjustable stride options
- Free 1-year membership to iFit
- Limited warranty in some areas
Construction and design
- Flywheel: The flywheels on Nordictrack ellipticals range in weight from 18 to 32 pounds. The heaviest can be seen on the Nordictrack Commercial 14.9, which comes with a whopping 32-pound flywheel.
- Pedals: You're able to effortlessly adjust the angle of the foot pedals so that they're most comfortable to you.
- Handlebars: The handlebars are moveable, so you can exercise your arm muscles, too. Plus, you can find incline and resistance controls directly on those handlebars.
- Console: The consoles are impressive. You get a workout fan, built-in speakers, and a tablet holder all right there. Additionally, each machine comes preloaded with a ton of different programmable workouts.
- Resistance: Most Nordictrack ellipticals come with between 22 and 24 levels of resistance.
- Built-in Programs/Features: Even in the lower-end models, you can still get an elliptical that comes with a minimum of 30 preset programs. You get even more when you sign up for an iFit subscription.
Key Nordictrack Elliptical Specs
Reasons to buy Nordictrack Elliptical?
- You want dependability. Nordictrack has been in the fitness industry for a long time. They're known for making quality products, not just ellipticals, so you can generally trust the construction with these devices.
- You plan on sharing the elliptical. Some models give you an adjustable stride length from between 0 inches to 32. This is suitable for anyone, regardless of height, so it's a great option if multiple people plan on using the machine.
- You want to save on space. A few Nordictrack ellipticals come with SpaceSaver technology. This allows you to easily fold it up and put it away when it's not in use.
- Reasons to avoid Nordictrack Elliptical?
- You don't want to pay for iFit. While you receive 1 year of iFit free, you have to pay afterward. If you don't want the additional expense, then it may be a moot point.
What real Nordictrack Elliptical reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Nordictrack ellipticals receive high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.8 (across several hundred reviews). Nordictrack ellipticals scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It is pretty quiet and very sturdy."
- "It is worth the money. Great machine."
- "It was easy to assemble, I took 2 days, at my leasure, as I was in no hurry and wanted to make it was assembled correctly."
- "It glides smooth and it's easy to adjust."
- "I think if you want a solid machine, smooth ride nothing fancy and not expensive this is a great machine also all the parts were pre lubed to help with installation and eliminating noise."
What reviewers dislike
- "My only concerns is screw on right pedal is starts to lose after riding few hours and it makes squeak noise."
- "The software (iFit) charged me double. The company refused to reimburse me the extra charge so I have forsaken their software."
- "I don’t like the monitor.... too much stuff on it."
- "Beware of Nordic Track customer service."
- "Works good but does need to be tightened every few months."
Nordictrack ellipticals are some of the most revered in the industry. Whether you're looking for something under $1,000 or really want to splurge, there's a machine for you. It all comes down to knowing what you hope to achieve out of your machine and considering what features are most important to you. No matter what, you get a great touchscreen and smooth motions with the heavy flywheels that come standard.
A few customer reviews talk about how customer service with Nordictrack isn't the best. Luckily, you can find videos on YouTube to help guide you through the installation if you need immediate assistance. Otherwise, these are solid machines ideal for your home gym.
Where to buy Nordictrack Elliptical
An array of Nordictrack ellipticals are available on Amazon. In addition to having an easy time comparing and contrasting the different models, you also receive fast, free shipping.