NordicTrack spin bikes come with a ton of perks to get you invested in your workouts. An HD touchscreen comes with some of the more advanced models, allowing you to use iFit right from your machine. This pairs exceptionally well with the various incline features, so you can always find new ways to challenge yourself.
Is the NordicTrack Spin Bike best for you?
NordicTrack spin bikes are right for you if you always need the latest and greatest there is to offer. These bikes come with the most innovative technology available, including built-in touchscreens and free limited memberships to iFit. Onboard speaker systems and wireless heart rate monitoring are also major advantages to help you get in the best shape of your life.
However, these bikes don't just come with a bunch of fancy extras. The construction itself is second-to-none. You can expect your bike to be made out of compact steel. And it comes with an adjustable saddle, so no matter how tall you are, you can find a height that works for you.
Consider NordicTrack Spin Bike if...
- You need a top-of-the-line touchscreen. NordicTrack is on the cutting-edge of exercise innovation. That's why some of their higher models come with a sizable touchscreen that allows you to view trainer-led workouts at your leisure.
- You want to work out your arms, too. Depending on the model you get, NordicTrack ships its bike with dumbbells. As you cycle with your legs, you can pump a little iron with your arms for a full-body experience.
- You like silence. NordicTrack bikes come with quiet magnetic resistance. It's friction-free, so when you exercise, you aren't going to disturb other people you live with.
Avoid NordicTrack Spin Bike if...
- You're on a budget. NordicTrack is a premier brand name in the fitness industry. That means you should expect to spend quite a lot on their spin bikes.
- You don't want to pay extra for assembly. These bikes can be tough to assemble on your own. In many instances, you can pay to have someone assemble the bike for you, but this costs additional funds.
- You don't like poor customer service. If something comes up, then you may have to wait a while to talk to someone. There are videos on YouTube you can check out to try to troubleshoot issues on your own.
NordicTrack Spin Bike pros & cons
- Innovative technology
- iFit subscription
- HD touchscreen
- Heavy flywheels
- Expensive, definitely an investment
Construction and design
- Seat: NordicTrack bikes come with ergonomic, padded seats, but you can always swap it out with something else if you need something more comfortable.
- Pedals: For the most part, these bikes include standard pedals with toe cages to keep your feet secure.
- Handlebars: The multi-position, non-slip handlebars provide you with a sturdy foundation so that you can be however you're most comfortable.
- Console: The most advanced NordicTrack bikes come with an HD touchscreen that allows you to watch iFit programs directly from the machine.
- Built-in Programs: To get the most out of your bike, you're going to need an iFit subscription, which provides you with an array of exercise programs.
Key NordicTrack Spin Bike Specs
Reasons to buy NordicTrack Spin Bike?
- You value safety. NordicTrack bikes come with emergency stop buttons, so if something happens, you can immediately bring it to a halt.
- You want free iFit. NordicTrack bikes tend to come with a 1-year subscription to iFit for free. This allows you to try it out before you commit to purchasing it long-term.
- You want to engage in power inclines. On more advanced bikes, you can tilt your machine at a decline or incline. This forces you to work harder and burn more calories in the process.
Reasons to avoid NordicTrack Spin Bike?
- You want a better audio system. Make sure to pay attention to which NordicTrack bike you're buying. Some have the speakers in the back, which can make listening to music more difficult.
What real NordicTrack Spin Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? NordicTrack spin bikes receive high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). NordicTrack spin bikes scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "If you want a machine that gives you MORE... get this. It has everything."
- "By pushing the 'Follow Workout' button on the screen the trainer adjusts the incline and resistance automatically."
- "The iFit membership is an added bonus."
- "The screen is life sized and takes you to any place you want to cycle."
- "Sturdiness is good I have mine on carpet think it might be super solid if I put it on a hard surface."
What reviewers dislike
- "The flywheel is completely smooth and the bike is absolutely silent during operation, except for the fan and the occasional adjustments made by the incline motors."
- "The screen is a little dull and the internet interaction is a bit lagging. Registration takes some time and patience."
- "The software crashes frequently if you don't reboot after each session."
- "The ONLY downfalls, lack of bluetooth for headphones which I fixed by buying a bluetooth enabling device, and other downfall is the adjustable incline/decline is noisy."
- "No fast forward feature."
NordicTrack spin bikes allow you to work out however you want. While it may be expensive, you need to remember you're also getting iFit for free, which ordinarily costs several hundred dollars a year. But these bikes back up their technological perks with a resilient flywheel and magnetic resistance system that isn't going to let you down.
However, if money truly is tight, then you may want to opt for a Nautilus bike. It's a much more affordable brand and still manages to come with an impressive array of features. It all comes down to what you can afford to spend and what features are most important to you.
Where to buy NordicTrack Spin Bike
NordicTrack spin bikes can be found on Amazon. The site sells them for the best prices, and it even qualifies for free shipping.