The NordicTrack T 6.5 S comes with some handy features. The incline goes up to 10 percent to help you burn more calories. And Runner's Flex cushioning helps protect your knees, ankles, and hips for greater protection during your workouts. It's a great machine worth considering if you're serious about getting into shape.
Is the NordicTrack T 6.5 S treadmill best for you?
The NordicTrack T 6.5 S treadmill is the most basic model within the brand's T-Series. However, it still comes with some impressive performance specs. It comes with an iPhone-compatible sound system. You simply plug your smartphone into the machine and listen to your workout playlist as you run.
There's always something new to try on this treadmill as it comes with 20 preset programs. But if you find that isn't enough, you can utilize an iFit subscription. You receive a 1-year membership free with your treadmill purchase. It gives you access to various workouts led by personal trainers as well as Google Maps trails. So it looks as though you're jogging at various locales around the globe.
Consider NordicTrack T 6.5 S if...
- You need preprogrammed workouts. The NordicTrack T 6.5 S comes with 20 preset programs. All of them were designed by a certified professional trainer to help you build endurance or burn calories.
- You want a solid incline. The treadmill inclines by as much as 10 percent. When you're on an incline, you burn more calories and engage more muscles. It also takes pressure off your knees, making for a more comfortable workout for some people.
- You like folding your treadmill. This treadmill comes with SpaceSaver technology. When you're done with a workout, you can fold it up and put it away for the time being. This frees up space in your home, so you don't have a big machine out all of the time.
Avoid NordicTrack T 6.5 S if...
- You want all the bells and whistles. This treadmill is a little bare for some people's liking. It doesn't come with a wireless pulse receiver or built-in fan. Considering what you pay for it, you may expect a little more.
- You're on a budget. Considering what it comes with, the NordicTrack T 6.5 S is a bit pricey. You may want something more along the lines of the Proform Pro 9000 treadmill if you feel like spending a lot on a device that comes with more advantageous features.
NordicTrack T 6.5 S pros & cons
- 20 on-board workout programs
Construction and design
- Motor: The NordicTrack T 6.5 S treadmill comes with a 2.6CHP motor.
- Running Surface: The running area measures 20" x 55".
- Touchscreen: The basic model comes with a 5-inch backlit display. You could upgrade to the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si treadmill, which comes with a 10-inch touchscreen.
- Speakers: This treadmill comes with 2 speakers on either side of the display. You can plug your music device into the treadmill to play songs over the machine itself.
- Built-in Programs: This machine boasts 20 different workout programs. They vary significantly based on what you hope to achieve with your exercise routine.
Key NordicTrack T 6.5 S Specs
Reasons to buy NordicTrack T 6.5 S?
- You have joint problems. With Runner's Flex cushioning, this treadmill absorbs the impact of every stride. It protects your joints, so you have a faster recovery time between workouts.
- You want a quiet device. Reviewers have noted how quiet the treadmill can be. It makes a little noise on higher speeds. But the cushioning and 1.9-inch rollers help keep things manageable.
- You need to monitor your heart rate. You can hold onto the handles to keep track of your heart rate. In the event you start not feeling well, it comes with a safety key you can unplug to immediately halt the machine.
Reasons to avoid NordicTrack T 6.5 S?
- You need a longer belt. At 20" x 55", the NordicTrack T 6.5 S is shorter than other treadmills. On other machines, you typically get a 22" x 60" track to run on. This one may not work for taller individuals with longer strides.
What real NordicTrack T 6.5 S reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? NordicTrack T 6.5 S receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). NordicTrack T 6.5 S scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This treadmill is well made and sturdy. It does not shake when I run and is easily portable."
- "I have bad knees and the belt on this treadmill doesn't hurt them at all."
- "I love the fact that you get an ifit membership free for a year. Having all of those personal trainers and different workouts available in my home makes morning exercising enjoyable."
- "The sound system on this thing is amazing."
- "It has a great range of incline and speed."
What reviewers dislike
- "This thing is HEAVY - but my husband and I were able to move it with minimal issues."
- "OK, so it doesn't have fans, or TV screen."
- "The treadmill has no outputs or bluetooth capability."
- "You can't use headphones with iFit workouts and must use the integrated speakers."
- "No "Resume" option, if you stop the treadmill for more than a minute, you have to re-start from 0 distance."
For people just starting to get back in shape, the NordicTrack T 6.5 S is a great entry-level treadmill. It doesn't come with a ton of fancy features. But it does come with a comfortable track to protect your joints as well as excellent speakers and sizable water bottle holders.
This treadmill is a great choice for families where different people may have different fitness goals. With 20 preset programs and various incline options, everyone can find a regimen that works for them.
Where to buy NordicTrack T 6.5 S
The entire NordicTrack T-Series is available for great prices on Amazon. The site makes it easy to compare the various models. So you can see what features come with some of the more advanced treadmills.