The Nordictrack A2550 is a solid entry-level treadmill. The heavy-duty frame helps support high speeds. And with 16 workout programs to choose from that focus on different aspects of one's health, there's always something new to discover. Your workouts can go even further with an iFit subscription.
Is the Nordictrack A2550 Treadmill best for you?
Whether you just want to lose a little weight or want to train for a 5K, this treadmill can help you attain your goals no matter what they are. And it does so while giving you plenty of perks to keep you cozy. The first of which is the cushioning system on the running deck. Nordictrack's cushioning supports your knees and ankles better compared to running on pavement, so there's less recovery time needed between workouts.
Additionally, the Nordictrack A2550 Treadmill comes with an iPod-compatible audio system. You simply plug your device in, and music plays over the speakers. With a foldaway design, you can get extra space in whatever room it's in when it's not in use, helping you get in shape while maximizing comfort.
Consider Nordictrack A2550 if...
- You need iFit at the ready. With iFit compatibility, you can train with real trainers to power you through your workouts. Plus, there are 16 other programs on this machine if you don't feel like using the app.
- You want extra space when it's not in use. The SpaceSaver design allows you to easily fold this machine up when you're not using it. This means it doesn't always have to be taking up space in your living room, like when you're expecting guests over.
- You like listening to music when you work out. This is a music-friendly device. It comes with built-in speakers, so you can plug in your device to blast your playlist over the treadmill.
Avoid Nordictrack A2550 if...
- You need a longer running track. The length of this deck only measures 55 inches, as opposed to 60 inches, which you get with something like the Nordictrack A2750.
- You want to sprint often. The Nordictrack A2550 comes with a 2.50CHP motor. This isn't as powerful as a 3.0CHP motor you get with other machines, so running as often may not be ideal.
- You want an easier time finding your treadmill. The A2550 has since been discontinued. As such, it's not offered by as many retailers, so you may have a difficult time finding it.
Nordictrack A2550 pros & cons
- Comfort Shox cushioning
- Heavy-duty frame
- Quick controls
- iFit Live compatibility
- Short running track
- Less powerful motor
Construction and design
- Motor: The Nordictrack A2550 features a 2.50CHP motor that's of commercial quality.
- Running Surface: The running track on this machine measures 20" x 55".
- Touchscreen: The LCD display provides you with useful stats to let you know how you're doing as you're exercising.
- Speakers: Built-in premium speakers come with this machine, so you can plug your MP3 player into the treadmill to listen to music or audiobooks.
- Built-in Programs: If you don't want an iFit subscription, you can take advantage of the 16 built-in programs that come prepackaged into the machine.
Key Nordictrack A2550 Specs
Reasons to buy Nordictrack A2550?
- You have sensitive joints. The cushioning on this treadmill is a major plus. It's much easier on your joints compared to running outside on pavement.
- You're shorter. A shorter running track may not be an issue if you're not as tall and don't have as long of a stride.
- You want a variety of programs. With the built-in programs, you receive 4 timed workouts, 4 weight loss programs, 4 performance workouts, and 4 distance programs.
Reasons to avoid Nordictrack A2550?
- You want the latest upgrades. While the A2550 is still solid, it's a bit dated with some of its features. Nordictrack has more contemporary treadmills available that manage to give you the latest and greatest features.
What real Nordictrack A2550 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Nordictrack A2550 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Nordictrack A2550 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The treadmill also features a Custom Workout Center that lets you preset the workout time and speed you want to run."
- "It gives extra space and makes jogging more comfortable than you imagine."
- "The treadmill folds, is iPod compatible and it can be used by heavier persons."
- "It’s a good solution for light joggers."
- "Loving the IPOD speaker system on this model."
What reviewers dislike
- "You get a short warranty for parts."
- "Some runners would need the 60” track of the A2750 PRO instead."
- "Folds but not extremely compact."
- "iFit wireless module sold separately
- "The only drawback to the machine is its 55” track."
The Nordictrack A2550 still has a lot to offer despite its age. The variety of workout programs keeps you on your toes. Whether you want to train for a race or lose weight, this treadmill helps you attain your goals. Plus, the cushioning feels great on your legs, so you can run for longer.
The primary drawback here seems to be the running track. It's shorter than what you find with other machines in its price range. While 5 inches may not seem like a lot, to someone who's on the taller side of things, it can be the difference between a comfortable jog and a trying ordeal.
Where to buy Nordictrack A2550
Amazon doesn't carry the Nordictrack A2550 any more. However, you can find many other Nordictrack products on the site for great prices and free shipping.