The Nordictrack T6.5s is one of the more affordable machines made by this ever-popular brand. It comes with all the features you need out of a high-quality treadmill, such as FlexSelect cushioning, 20 built-in exercise programs, and a SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist.
The Nordictrack T6.5s is a solid investment that doesn't set you back an arm and a leg. Along with the machine, you also receive a 1-year membership to iFit. This allows you to engage with trainer-led workouts directly from the 10-inch HD touchscreen found directly on the treadmill's console.
However, a touchscreen is just the beginning. This machine also boasts high-quality speakers and 2 cup holders to give you the ultimate in convenience. It also offers superior joint support compared to competitors thanks to the presence of FlexSelect cushioning.
Consider Nordictrack T6.5s if...
- You need iFit to stay motivated. Along with your Nordictrack treadmill purchase, you receive a 1-year membership for iFit for free. This gives you access to numerous other workouts to keep you motivated to stay on the machine.
- You want cushioning. The running track features FlexSelect cushioning that goes easy on your joints as you jog. This drastically reduces recovery time between running sessions.
- You like a budget-friendly treadmill. For a treadmill that comes with great features at an affordable price, the T6.5s is a stellar choice. You get a machine that's built to last without breaking the bank.
Avoid Nordictrack T6.5s if...
- You need a bigger running track. This treadmill's deck measures 20" x 55". That's a little smaller than most other tracks that tend to measure 22" x 60".
- You want to go fast. The max speed on this treadmill is 10 miles per hour. Other treadmills can go up to 12 or even 15 mph.
- You like steep inclines. The incline on this machine goes up to 10 degrees. In your research, you're bound to come across treadmills that can go up to 15 degrees.
Nordictrack T6.5s pros & cons
- SMART-Response drive system
- Self-cooling motor
- Auxiliary music port
- SpaceSaver design
- 20 preset workout programs
- Limited settings
- Smaller running track
Construction and design
- Motor: The 2.6CHP motor comes with self-cooling capabilities as well as limited vibrations, so you can run in total comfort.
- Running Surface: The running area on this treadmill measures 20" x 55". However, it also features FlexSelect cushioning to go easier on your ankles and knees.
- Touchscreen: This machine boasts a 10-inch Smart HD touchscreen so that you can cycle through different programs with ease.
- Speakers: Dual 2-inch digitally-amplified speakers come installed into the treadmill itself.
- Built-in Programs: There are 20 built-in programs to choose from that are separate from your iFit membership.
Key Nordictrack T6.5s Specs
Reasons to buy Nordictrack T6.5s?
- You need to put the treadmill away often. With the SpaceSaver design, you can effortlessly fold the machine up when you need to. It's great for when you need extra space at home or when it's not in use.
- You're just starting out. If you're new to an exercise regimen, then you probably want a machine that's easy to follow and affordable. Both of those qualities are present in spades with the T6.5s.
- You want a first-class screen. The 10-inch touchscreen is an awesome perk. It's much more advanced than LCD screens you find on lower-quality treadmills.
Reasons to avoid Nordictrack T6.5s?
- You want to charge your phone as you run. There's no USB port on this treadmill. As a result, you can't charge your smartphone or tablet during exercise.
- You want a fan. There's also no built-in fan. A lot of people want this feature to stay cool as they run, but you won't get that here.
What real Nordictrack T6.5s reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Nordictrack T6.5s receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Nordictrack T6.5s scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This treadmill is well made and sturdy. It does not shake when I run and is easily portable."
- "It’s got a lot of bells and whistles, some of which we are still discovering but probably our favorite are the touch screen display and the bluetooth."
- "I have bad knees and the belt on this treadmill doesn't hurt them at all."
- "The sound system on this thing is amazing."
- "The screen is a great size and is very high quality. It's honestly a better treadmill than the treadmills at most gyms."
What reviewers dislike
- "It does take 2 people to assemble because someone has to hold the console piece while you connect the one wire."
- "Is it loud? Well yes but no louder then any treadmill I have ever been on."
- "You won't actually be able to find this stated anywhere online, but the treadmill has no outputs or bluetooth capability so you're forced to watch everything on the 10" screen."
- "You can't use headphones with iFit workouts and must use the integrated speakers."
- "No Fan."
Nordictrack is synonymous with quality. While other treadmills from this brand may cost a lot more, this model is a great way to get all of the same great features at a far reduced price. With speakers, cushioning, and a SpaceSaver design, you have everything you need to exercise with comfort.
With a lower price, you can expect a few things missing from other Nordictrack models. The running track is smaller, and the speed doesn't go as high. If you don't mind all that, then it's a superb investment.
Where to buy Nordictrack T6.5s
The Nordictrack T6.5s is available for sale on Amazon. Your purchase would qualify for free shipping. And you can even break up your payment into monthly installments for added convenience.