The Nordictrack Elite 10.9 features 32 different workout programs, smart touchscreen technology, and high-quality construction at an affordable price. This elliptical includes a free 1-year subscription to iFit for interactive personal training and exclusive app features. The Nordictrack Elite 10.9 is quiet while in use, easy to assemble, and warranty protected.
Is the Nordictrack Elite 10.9 elliptical best for you?
If you're a beginner looking for guided workouts, a heavier set person, or on a budget, the Nordictrack Elite 10.9 is a great choice. This elliptical has 32 workout programs to choose from, plus it comes with an iFit subscription with access to interactive personal training. These options make working out convenient for beginners and experts alike. It has a maximum weight capacity of 350 pounds, providing a sturdy frame for heavier set people to feel comfortable on. Plus, it has a Smart HD touchscreen, 24 different resistance levels, incline levels, and even adjustable stride length – all for $1000. These features at this price point make the Nordictrack Elite 10.9 one of the best for this price range.
Consider the Nordictrack Elite 10.9 if...
- You're heavier set. If you're much heavier than your recommended weight for your height, and have a tough time finding ellipticals that accommodate your size, the Nordictrack Elite 10.9 is a great option. This elliptical has a max weight capacity of 400 pounds and has a sturdy steel frame. This machine won't shake, sway, or collapse if you're within this weight capacity range.
- You want interactive personal training. The Nordictrack Elite 10.9 includes an iFit subscription, which comes with interactive personal training you can access through your smart touchscreen panel. It's a great bonus if you're a beginner and need some direction.
- You need an adjustable stride length. If multiple different household members of various sizes use the Nordictrack Elite 10.9, the adjustable stride length on this elliptical makes sure that everyone can workout pain and worry-free. You can easily adjust how long you'd like your stride length to be to best suit your height and desired workout intensity.
Avoid the Nordictrack Elite 10.9 if...
- You aren't tech savvy. The Nordictrack Elite 10.9 features an auxiliary audio system, a built-in fan, several different workout programs, foot pedal adjustability, and a smart touchscreen panel. While this is a dream for some, for others, all of these technological features may sound too complicated, hindering an otherwise productive workout.
- You don't want an iFit membership. The free iFit membership is a major perk of purchasing the Nordictrack Elite 10.9 for those who like guided workouts. If guided workouts aren't your thing, opt for a model like the Proform HIIT H14 instead.
- You don't like built in fans. Some people love built-in fans for their cooling effect, but others find them a distracting nuisance while trying to workout. If you don't like built-in fans, opt for a model without this feature.
Nordictrack Elite 10.9 pros & cons
- Includes a 1 year iFit membership
- Auxiliary audio port
- AutoBreeze workout fans
- 7" smart touchscreen
- 24 Digital Resistance Levels
- Lighter flywheel than competition
- Machine is heavy and awkward to move
Construction and design
- Flywheel: A 20 pound inertia enhanced flywheel makes for a smooth and relatively quiet ride that builds propulsion with the user's natural stride and movement.
- Pedals: The Nordictrack Elite 10.9 provides oversized, cushioned pedals to comfortably suit different foot sizes.
- Handlebars: This elliptical features soft, ergonomic padded grip on each swinging handlebar for a comfortable full body workout. The two stationary handlebars features EKG grip Pulse Heart Rate Sensors for easy heart rate monitoring.
- Console: The Nordictrack Elite 10.9 features a 7" Smart HD Touchscreen console where you can access specs like speed, heart rate, elapsed time, burned calories, distanced travelled, and your resistance and incline level. You can access different workout programs from the console for a more structured session. The console also has an auxiliary audio port, built in fan, device holder, and water bottle holder.
- Resistance: This elliptical has 24 different resistance levels to choose from and uses an SMR resistance system, which uses magnetic technology to create more or less resistance.
- Built-in Programs/Features: The Nordictrack Elite includes a 1 year iFit subscription which gives you access to interactive, trainer-lead elliptical workouts from the comfort of your home. It also includes 32 workout programs to choose from!
Key Nordictrack Elite 10.9 Specs
Reasons to buy the Nordictrack Elite 10.9?
- You're on a budget. If you're looking for a quality elliptical with all of the technological bells and whistles, but don't have a huge budget, the Nordictrack Elite 10.9 is a great choice. It provides multiple different programs, resistance levels, up to a 20% incline, and even adjustable stride length for under $1000. It's one of the best options in this price range!
- You need a regimented workout plan. If you're someone who struggles with creating your own workout session plans, this elliptical is a great choice. With 32 workout plans, you'll never have to worry about implementing different intensities or lengths to get in a good workout.
- You like listening to music via speakers. The Nordictrack Elite 10.9's auxiliary audio port and built in speakers let you plug in your device and select music through the smart touchscreen for a convenient listening experience.
Reasons to avoid the Nordictrack Elite 10.9?
- It's heavy. If you're planning on moving this elliptical into a storage area when it's not in use, the Nordictrack Elite 10.9 might not be the best choice. This model stands at about 5'9 feet tall, and its heavy duty steel frame makes it difficult to maneuver.
- It's flywheel might be too light for some. While it's a great budget choice, the 20 pound flywheel may not be heavy enough for whisper quiet use. If you're planning on using this machine in early or late hours of the day, it may not be right for you.
What real Nordictrack Elite 10.9 reviewers say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? The Nordictrack Elite 10.9 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.8 (across several hundred reviews). The Nordictrack Elite 10.9 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "LOVE that it comes with workouts and iFit for free."
- "Love this thing! Relatively easy to put together."
- "Very appreciative to not pay or have to go to the gym anymore."
- "I use it often and have tried all the options so it’s been worked hard and it holds up."
- "Works great...and runs silently enough that we can work out in the same room while the other sleeps."
What reviewers dislike
- "The console is a cheap android tablet and the software is buggy."
- "Took awhile to put together and it is heavy to move around."
- "I had to tighten some screws a few times."
- "Right track wheel ended up cracking and had to be replaced."
- "It loses the connection and drops the workout in the middle but not a big deal."
The Nordictrack Elite 10.9 elliptical is a great bang for your buck. This elliptical combines the performance, quality, and high-tech features you need for a great workout while remaining in the $1000 range. This model has a sturdy steel frame, smart HD touchscreen, adjustable resistance and incline levels, as well as 32 workout programs to choose from.
It’s not the top-of-the-line, so just keep in mind that you get what you pay for! An elliptical trainer that costs twice as much could pay off in the long run, but again, if your budget is under $1000, the Nordictrack Elite 10.9 is a very good price-performing elliptical.
This elliptical is a great choice for those trying to save money, those who need more structured workouts, or if you're heavier set and need a sturdy machine.
Where to buy the Nordictrack Elite 10.9
You can find the Nordictrack Elite 10.9 elliptical on Amazon for a great price! Use Amazon Prime to have your new machine delivered in just a few days. Amazon makes it easy to compare the Nordictrack Elite 10.9 with other elliptical options, so you can decide which machine is ultimately right for you.