The NordicTrack C 990 has numerous fantastic selling points. It features 32 built-in workout programs as well as a cushioned 20" x 60" running track. And with an iFit-enabled touchscreen, you can watch trainer-led workouts directly on your machine.
Is the NordicTrack C 990 treadmill best for you?
The NordicTrack C 990 comes with numerous convenient features to make you actually enjoy exercising. Built-in speakers and Bluetooth connectivity are perfect items for anyone who's a techie. You can sync your smartphone with your treadmill so that you can monitor your progress over time. And the tablet holder allows you to bring your mobile devices with you to watch TV from your device. You don't have to set up the treadmill right by a television if you want entertainment as you run.
In addition to convenience, it also offers plenty of power. It comes with an exceptional 3.0CHP motor that feels like a 3.5CHP one. It's quiet and comes with a lifetime warranty, so you can be confident you're going to have this machine for a while.
Consider NordicTrack C 990 if...
- You need live interactive training. This treadmill comes with a 7-inch interactive HD touchscreen. You can sync it with programs you purchase separately, including iFit. You watch a trainer right from your machine and work out with world-class fitness experts.
- You want workout variety. There are 32 workout programs on the C 990. Each program focuses on a different fitness goal whether it's weight loss, endurance, or speed. And with 12 speeds and 15 incline levels, you can get the perfect personalized training regimen.
- You like having your tablet with you. The machine comes with a tablet bracket. You can download apps directly to your tablet or stream Netflix or YouTube as you run. You work out in whichever way suits you best.
Avoid NordicTrack C 990 if...
- You need a longer warranty. While there's a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, the parts and labor protections lack a bit. Other models, like the Speedfit treadmill, give you longer warranties on various parts.
- You want a chest strap included. The NordicTrack C 990 doesn't come with a chest strap with your purchase. You can buy one separately, but it's an extra expense you may not want to pay for.
- You like having something smaller. This treadmill has a rather large footprint. It takes up a lot of space in your home. However, it does come with a SpaceSaver design to fold up easily.
NordicTrack C 990 pros & cons
- 12 percent live incline controls
- Integrated accessory tray
- 1.9-inch precision-machined rollers
Construction and design
- Motor: This treadmill comes with a 3.0CHP motor with self-cooling capabilities to prevent overheating.
- Running Surface: The running track measures 20" x 60".
- Touchscreen: This machine comes with a 7-inch interactive HD touchscreen. You can watch trainer videos and see stats in real-time to keep track of your progress.
- Speakers: The NordicTrack C 990 comes with an InterMix Acoustics sound system that comes with 3-inch speakers. It also has a smartphone-compatible port so that you can play music directly through the machine's consoles.
- Built-in Programs: This machine boasts 32 preset programs.
Key NordicTrack C 990 Specs
Reasons to buy NordicTrack C 990?
- You want to protect your knees. This treadmill comes with on/off customizable cushioning. It makes the running deck more comfortable so that you don't need as much recovery time after a run.
- You want the iFit app. The NordicTrack C 990 comes iFit-enabled. Not only do you get trainer-led workouts, but you can also utilize Google Maps. This gives you access to numerous scenic locations around the world right from your screen. So it feels like you're running outside from the comfort of your home.
- You like convenience. With OneTouch controls, you can adjust your incline and speed at just the touch of a button. You don't have to cycle through until you get the intensity you want. It's easy to get the exact settings you want within moments.
Reasons to avoid NordicTrack C 990?
- You don't need all the extras. Some people need a touchscreen and speakers. If you want a more basic treadmill that just allows you to run, you can save money by getting something stripped down.
- You don't want potential connection issues. The treadmill comes with Bluetooth connectivity. But depending on your home's WiFi, it could be spotty. You don't get as much out of it if you don't use all these features. So it may not be suitable for some households.
What real NordicTrack C 990 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? NordicTrack C 990 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). NordicTrack C 990 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It is very durable and definitely cushions during my runs."
- "Been working out on all my days off religiously. Very quiet machine. Lost 13 pounds."
- "Love the cushioned deck and the extra length for my 6ft frame and stride while running."
- "Loving this tread, 12 incline, 12 MPH (Which I will not get to at anytime soon). Nice volume radio for a tread, using my MP3. Nice touch screen, like a small tablet w/ a camera."
- "The model has a larger motor and the display is awesome."
What reviewers dislike
- "The only negative I have is the fan. You have to be right up on it in order to feel any benefit."
- "It works pretty well. The setup doesn't tell you why you are not able to connect to a network, it just says that it is disconnected."
- "The other issue is it constantly tries to get you to try or buy ifit."
- "The 7 inch screen is also not adjustable so that's why the TV comes in handy because I can barely see the screen at my height."
- "This treadmill is not easy to move either."
The NordicTrack C 990 does very well in allowing you to personalize your workouts. There are over 30 programs to choose from. Or you can do something completely unique by adjusting the speed and incline on your own. The integrated tablet holder even allows you to bring your iPad with you, so you can watch whatever you want as you run.
The treadmill is a great choice for people who want the best at a solid price. It comes with plenty of great features. And if you're willing to spend a little more, then you can really get the most out of your machine with an iFit subscription.
Where to buy NordicTrack C 990
The NordicTrack C 990 is available for a good price on Amazon. Numerous NordicTrack products are found on the site. So you can compare this treadmill with others to decide which one you should have in your home.