The Nordictrack T 6.5 S Treadmill has a lot going for it. It comes with a simple, yet comfortable design. This extends to the running track, which comes with removable cushioning to help protect your joints.
Is the Nordictrack T 6.5 S Treadmill best for you?
The Nordictrack T 6.5 S Treadmill is a solid machine for its price tag. The SpaceSaver design allows you to put it out of sight when you're not running on it. Plus, you can listen to audiobooks or music through the built-in speakers. Simply plug your device in through the aux port, and you're ready to go.
One of the biggest advantages of this treadmill is how quiet it is. While there's some noise, especially when you're running at the full 10 miles per hour, you can still easily listen to music over the speaker system. And if you really want to crank your workouts up a notch, you can sign up for an iFit subscription to access a host of regimens.
Consider Nordictrack T 6.5 S if...
- You need simple storage options. This treadmill comes with SpaceSaver technology. That means it folds up effortlessly, allowing you to store it in case you need extra room around the house.
- You want the feel of an outdoor track. While this machine comes with Runner's Flex cushioning to support your joints, you can take it off if needed. This provides you with the feel of running on pavement.
- You like boosting your metabolic rate. With the incline, you can vastly increase the number of calories you burn. It also helps take some of the pressure off your joints.
Avoid Nordictrack T 6.5 S if...
- You want a more advanced monitor. This device comes with a 5-inch display. While it gets the job done, it's fairly basic.
- You'd prefer a fan. Unlike other treadmills out there, like the Nordictrack A2105, this machine doesn't come with a cooling fan.
- You like larger rollers. Rollers on a treadmill should ideally be 2.5 inches. This helps extend the machine's lifespan. On the Nordictrack T 6.5 S, you get 1.9-inch rollers.
Nordictrack T 6.5 S pros & cons
- 20 workout apps
- OneTouch controls
- Dual CardioGrip heart rate monitor
- iFit compatibility
- Shorter tread belt
- Shorter warranty
Construction and design
- Motor: This machine boasts a 2.6CHP motor that's backed up by a 25-year warranty. Compared to the 3.0CHP motors with lifetime warranties from other brands, this device may come across as a bit more bare-bones.
- Running Surface: The running track measures 20" x 55". Since it's a bit shorter than other treadmills, some runners may find their strides are a bit uncomfortable. It's more suitable for joggers and walkers.
- Touchscreen: The 5-inch backlit display prompts you to start an iFit membership. But if you don't want an additional monthly fee, you can easily bypass this.
- Speakers: It's simple to plug in your iPod and listen to your favorite playlists through the treadmill's built-in speakers.
- Built-in Programs: Even without iFit, you still get 20 built-in programs that were created by a certified personal trainer. Each program focuses on a different objective from endurance training to calorie burning.
Key Nordictrack T 6.5 S Specs
Reasons to buy Nordictrack T 6.5 S?
- You like straightforward controls. Simplicity is the name of the game for this treadmill. With OneTouch controls, you can get started even if you've never used a treadmill before.
- You appreciate safety. This treadmill activates by inserting a safety key. If the key comes out, the machine stops. It's great if you want to make sure you (or any children you have) are safe.
- You need clear instructions. A lot of reviews indicate how simple it is to put together. It may take you a bit of time, but it's nothing a novice couldn't handle.
Reasons to avoid Nordictrack T 6.5 S?
- You need wireless heart rate sensors. You can keep track of your heart rate by gripping the handlebars. But if you find this cumbersome, you may find yourself wishing you had a wireless option.
- You want all the bells and whistles. Modern treadmills offer Bluetooth compatibility. You aren't going to find that here.
What real Nordictrack T 6.5 S reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Nordictrack T 6.5 S receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Nordictrack T 6.5 S scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I am able to walk and run to my heart’s content."
- "The belt runs smoothly and is not excessively loud."
- "The controls are great. If I am running at 6.0 mph (I am short, so this is fast for me) and get tired, I can simply press the number 3 button on the right side of the panel, and the belt quickly slows to a speed where I can recover safely."
- "I am not a runner, never have been, but though using the iFit programs with trainer Tommy Rivers Puzey I am now working on a 6 week program to increase my running ability and I love it."
- "If you are just the least bit handy you can set it up no problem."
What reviewers dislike
- "I initially had some trouble activating the 1-year iFit membership."
- "The speakers are decent."
- "My only complaint is that it makes a popping noise when you first increase your incline."
- "The uphill function isn’t that great, but it will give a slight incline."
- "All the workouts, even manual, start up with a 3 min warmup. This is annoying to me on my manual workouts."
Compared to other Nordictrack treadmills, this one is significantly more affordable. With that price drop, comes fewer features. There's no Bluetooth here, and the motor is weaker than what you find in comparable models in its price range.
However, there are plenty of perks. The Runner's Flex cushioning feels great on your joints, especially if you're recovering from a prior injury. The program selection, combined with an optional iFit membership, help ensure you never feel bored while working out on this machine.
Where to buy Nordictrack T 6.5 S
You can save a bunch of money by purchasing the Nordictrack T 6.5 S off Amazon. Plus, you can enjoy Amazon's fast, free shipping!