A Nordictrack Recumbent Bike is a first-class piece of exercise equipment. While different models are available, they all come with a bevy of built-in programs and resistance levels. A smooth, quiet flywheel allows you to work out in peace without putting too much strain on your joints.
Is the Nordictrack Recumbent Bike best for you?
Nordictrack Recumbent Bikes offer smooth rides. All you have to do is sit back and relax in your comfy seat that offers ample lumbar support. Some models come with an HD screen, but you can always use your personal tablet to watch trainer-led workouts via iFit.
The step-through design of this bike allows you to effortlessly get in without placing too much stress on your knees or back. An array of other features, including built-in speakers, a fan, and a cup holder give you everything you need to cycle in peace. It's a premier exercise bike you're going to want to use all the time.
Consider Nordictrack Recumbent Bike if...
- You need variety in your workouts. While exact numbers vary by model, you can expect a couple dozen different built-in workouts within each bike. There are also dozens of resistance levels to choose from, so there's something for everyone from beginners to experts.
- You want lumbar support. The seat on Nordictrack bikes are specifically designed to offer lumbar support. You can keep your back comfy throughout workouts to avoid any injuries.
- You like a step-through design. There's nothing to climb over to get into a recumbent bike. The frame is great for individuals with mobility issues who don't want to be too high off the ground.
Avoid Nordictrack Recumbent Bike if...
- You're on a budget. Nordictrack is a premier brand. As such, their equipment costs more than the competition, and you should expect to spend over $1,000 on a recumbent bike.
- You don't want a heavy bike. These bikes can weigh up to 150 pounds. It makes them tough to move around, and they have a larger footprint than comparable models.
- You don't like paying extra for a chest strap. A chest strap heart monitor comes separately with these bikes. Therefore, you pay even more to get all the features.
Nordictrack Recumbent Bike pros & cons
- Quiet magnetic resistance
- iFit compatibility
- AutoBreeze workout fan
- Ventilated seat
- Built-in speakers
- Larger size
- Shorter warranty
Construction and design
- Seat: The oversized, ventilated seat offers ample lumbar support to keep your back adequately aligned as you cycle.
- Pedals: The oversized pedals come with straps to keep your feet in place throughout workouts.
- Handlebars: There are 2 sets of handlebars on these bikes. The first are located underneath the seat while the second are in front of you. This is designed to support different levels of intensity.
- Console: These bikes feature LCD screens to provide you with all your stats in one handy location.
- Built-in Programs: As many as 32 workout programs are found in these recumbent bikes to give you a litany of options.
Key Nordictrack Recumbent Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Nordictrack Recumbent Bike?
- You have knee or back issues. If you have a history of joint issues, then you need to be careful of how you exercise. Recumbent bikes are a great option because they provide low-impact workouts that go easy on your body, so you can pedal without too much discomfort.
- You want smooth pedal motions. These recumbent bikes boast 25-pound flywheels. It's just heavy enough to offer ample resistance while giving you smooth motions that go easy on your joints.
- You're heavier. These bikes support weights of up to 350 pounds. Considering most others only go up to 300 pounds, Nordictrack bikes are a great option for people who are a little heavier.
Reasons to avoid Nordictrack Recumbent Bike?
- You're limited on space. Nordictrack bikes are large. If you live in an apartment or small house, then you may be short on space and need something a bit more compact.
- You don't want expensive upgrades. You can get an HD screen for your recumbent bike, but it's going to cost you. It all comes down to what you're comfortable paying and what you see as essential for your workout.
What real Nordictrack Recumbent Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Nordictrack Recumbent Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Nordictrack Recumbent Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The bike is easy to use and the console is easy to read."
- "The seat and workout position are comfortable and relaxed."
- "The iPad holder works great which allows me to watch the content that keeps me distracted during my workout."
- "The mechanism is smooth as silk and (oddly) virtually silent."\
- "For the cost, this exercycle is comfortable, sturdy and the ifit [app] is fun."
What reviewers dislike
- "Assembly is absolutely something you should have two people for."
- "The only con is the handle to adjust the seat is a bit awkward but not that big of a deal."
- "It is heavy so one may need help moving it."
- "I think they need to clarify the i-Fit thing from the beginning and make it clear you have a CHOICE whether to use it or not."
- "The bike is great but the fan has never worked."
A Nordictrack Recumbent Bike is a great option for people looking for high-quality, comfortable workouts. The seat on this bike is among the coziest you're going to find with any stationary machine. Plus, there are various recumbent bikes available from this brand, so you can find the perfect one for your needs.
It costs a little more than other brands, but considering what you get, some people may not mind. If you have the money to spend, then this is the bike to get because you're going to use it for years on end.
Where to buy Nordictrack Recumbent Bike
Various Nordictrack Recumbent Bikes are available at a great price on Amazon. If you're not sure if Nordictrack is the right brand for you, then Amazon also makes it easy to compare exercise bikes from other popular brands. Plus, you can take advantage of Amazon's fast, free shipping.