The ProForm 305 CST is one of the simplest treadmills to put together. Once you get it up-and-running, it provides solid workouts with ProShox cushioning and 16 preset workouts to help you lose weight or increase endurance. ProForm has also outfitted this device with iFit compatibility if you want to make it function more like an advanced treadmill.
Is the ProForm 305 CST Treadmill best for you?
The ProForm 305 CST Treadmill is great for people just getting into fitness. It's an entry-level model, so it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to add it to your home gym. Besides that, it comes with straightforward features to get you invested in your new exercise regimen.
The SpaceSaver design makes it easy to make room in your home. Treadmills tend to take up a lot of space, so folding it up when you're done can be a major advantage. Not only that, it comes with an integrated device shelf, so you can work out with your iPad right in front of you.
Consider ProForm 305 CST Treadmill if...
- You need something affordable. The ProForm 305 CST makes for a great budget treadmill. It's an entry-level model you can actually get for under $1,000.
- You want easy assembly. More advanced treadmills can be a pain to put together yourself. This one is more straightforward.
- You like iFit. Many treadmills these days are compatible with iFit. It allows you to sync your workout data on the treadmill with your iFit account. All you need is a smartphone or tablet with the app, and you can utilize a wider range of workouts.
Avoid ProForm 305 CST Treadmill if...
- You need to sprint. With a 2.0CHP motor, this treadmill is suitable for walking over running. It can go up to 10 miles per hour, but it performs better at lower speeds.
- You don't want any difficulty with the set-up. Based on reviews, it seems like some people get confused setting up their new treadmill. It asks for credit card information to sync it with iFit, but this is easy to bypass if you don't want a subscription.
- You like a longer warranty. The frame is covered for 5 years on this machine. It's not much when you consider the ProForm 905 CST comes with a lifetime warranty on both the frame and motor.
ProForm 305 CST Treadmill pros & cons
- Tablet holder
- ProShox cushioning
- SpaceSaver design
- Audio auxiliary port
- Short running track
- Limited warranty
Construction and design
- Motor: This treadmill comes with a 2.0CHP motor. It only allows you to do fairly basic workouts that may not fully challenge you.
- Running Surface: The running deck measures 16" x 50". If you want to run and you're over 6 feet in height, then it may not be suitable for your strides.
- Touchscreen: It includes touchscreen interfaces on the 5-inch display. It operates just like a smartphone, so most people should get acclimated to it quickly.
- Speakers: With an audio port, you can plug in your MP3 player and listen to music over the built-in speakers.
- Built-in Programs: There are 16 workout programs to choose from, including rolling hills, endurance mode, cardio burn, fat blast, and weight loss.
Key ProForm 305 CST Treadmill Specs
Reasons to buy ProForm 305 CST Treadmill?
- You're a beginner. This is a solid entry-level model. It's great if you just want to walk a little bit as you watch TV.
- You want your tablet with you. A tablet holder means you can set up your iPad right on your treadmill. You can get some work done, read a book, or watch Netflix as you exercise.
- You have sensitive joints. ProShox cushioning means the treadmill isn't as harsh on your knees and hips as just running on pavement.
Reasons to avoid ProForm 305 CST Treadmill?
- You're taller. The narrow running deck may not be suitable for some individuals. If you're taller, then you may find it's not quite what you need.
What real ProForm 305 CST Treadmill reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? ProForm 305 CST Treadmill receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). ProForm 305 CST Treadmill scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "You can NOT beat the price & it holds up to 300 lbs."
- "This is a fantastic treadmill -- very sturdy, doesn't take up too much space, and simple console."
- "Great product for the price. Works well, it's very easy to fold up and store away."
- "It also inclines which is one of the only ones in its price range that doesn't have to be done manually."
- "Very sturdy and has great features."
What reviewers dislike
- "I like it except for the amount of noise it makes."
- "It also had a weird set up. I had to find a youtube video to tell me how to get the screen to turn on."
- "I opted out of buying the programs because I have a feeling it wont last more then a year."
- "This might not be good for taller individuals."
- "Without either bypassing it, or registering for the app you CANNOT even turn it on!"
The ProForm 305 CST Treadmill has a decent array of features that makes it worth considering. The 16 preset programs and automatic incline adjustments make it stand apart from other machines in its class. It's great to have a budget treadmill like this for people who can't afford the higher-end models.
Naturally, if you can afford to spend a little more, then it's worth it to do so. Getting a longer running deck or a more advanced console may be a good investment depending on what you plan on using the treadmill for. However, if you want a solid entry-level machine that fits your budget, the ProForm 305 CST Treadmill is a great choice.
Where to buy ProForm 305 CST Treadmill
We searched online and found the best price for the ProForm 305 CST Treadmill on Amazon. Check it out, plus take advantage of Amazon's fast, free shipping.