With cushioning and an on-board fan, the Proform 905 CST makes working out comfortable. There are a few concerns regarding the iFit membership option, however, you can get exercising with one of the 30 pre-set modes the 905 CST already comes with without any subscription if you choose not to pay for this feature.
Is the Proform 905 CST treadmill best for you?
The Proform 905 CST has everything you want out of a modern treadmill. It comes with an extremely soft running surface with built-in shock absorption to protect your joints and muscles. And that's just one of the many features that encourages you to work out on the treadmill as often as possible.
It's foldable, allowing you to take it out and put it away with ease. And the tablet holder is great for bringing your iPad to your workout station to watch whatever you want. Convenience is front and center with this treadmill as is power and ease of use.
Consider Proform 905 CST if...
- You need plenty of room to grow. The Proform 905 CST lets you ramp up the speed to 12 miles per hour and the incline up to 12 degrees. Even if you don't start at that point, it leaves you with space to grow. So you can continue ramping up your workouts to perform your best.
- You want cushioning for your legs. This treadmill comes with a ProShox cushioning system on the belt to reduce the impact on your legs. For people with leg or foot issues who may be wary of running, this treadmill is supportive of any past or present injuries.
- You like staying cool. The Proform 905 CST treadmill boasts a CoolAire fan in its construction. You can have it blowing on your face to keep you cool as you run. It mimics the sensation of running outside with the wind blowing.
Avoid Proform 905 CST if...
- You don't need a chest strap. This treadmill allows you to monitor your vitals with EKG grip pulse sensors and a chest strap. Most treadmills only come with the pulse sensors. For some people, a chest strap may be too cumbersome to get any use out of.
- You don't want an iFit membership. When you first set up your treadmill, it tries to force a subscription to iFit on you. It comes with some handy features, but at $15 a month, it's understandable if you don't feel like paying more just to run.
- You don't like struggling to hear music. The Proform 905 CST lets you hook up your smartphone or MP3 player to the treadmill itself. The machine plays your music. But some reviewers note how it's hard to hear anything when you're running. It seems to do all right when you're just walking.
Proform 905 CST pros & cons
- 30 built-in workout modes
- Quick-touch incline and speed settings
- Fan needs better positioning
- Audio gets muddled when running at higher speeds
Construction and design
- Motor: It comes with a 3.0CHP motor. This is much more powerful than other treadmills made by Proform. For example, the 305 CST comes with a 2.0CHP motor.
- Running Surface: The running track measures 20" x 60". And it supports a weight of up to 350 pounds.
- Touchscreen: It doesn't come with a touchscreen. However, it does feature a 5-inch display panel that shows all your stats during your workout.
- Speakers: The treadmill includes an audio auxiliary port with dual 2-inch speakers. It also comes with a tablet holder, which you can use for iFit if you decide to sign up.
- Built-in Programs: The treadmill includes 30 built-in programs, so you don't get bored of your workouts.
Key Proform 905 CST Specs
Lifetime motor and frame warranty, 3-year warranty on parts, and 1-year warranty on labor
Reasons to buy Proform 905 CST?
- You want to bring your tablet with you. The tablet holder makes it easy to watch movies, read digital books, or chat with friends as you work out. The holder rests at eye level, so you can be productive in more than one way while exercising.
- You have limited space. You may not have the room to keep your treadmill open all the time. The Proform 905 CST is foldable. So you can take it out when you want to run and then slide it under the bed when you're done.
- You want iFit Studio Classes. It's not mandatory to sign up on the app. But if you want to bring an energetic workout atmosphere into your home, this is the way to do it. You get a personal trainer on your screen to push you through the session so that you don't lose any momentum.
Reasons to avoid Proform 905 CST?
- You want to make custom workouts for free. The Proform 905 CST only allows you to create personalized workouts with an iFit membership. You still have 30 built-in programs to choose from. But anything else costs you extra.
- You don't want to feel taken advantage of. The Proform 905 CST doesn't tell you how to bypass the iFit membership step if you just want to run on your treadmill. All you need to do is press the iFit Sync icon for a few seconds until it beeps twice. But it's hard to go through that and not feel like the brand tried to pull a fast one on you.
What real Proform 905 CST reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Proform 905 CST receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Proform 905 CST scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I've run on it for up to 80 minutes at a time, varying my speed from 5mph to 7mph and it has remained smooth and steady."
- "It is fairly quiet and amongst the quietest I have seen for a home treadmill."
- "This is a great treadmill for the money. Proform has always been our choice for treadmills and this one has not disappointed."
- "I usually just pick a speed and run but the belt feels good, and the base feels sturdy so there isn't much more I can ask for."
- "Directions are fairly simple. I think most won't have much issue if any."
What reviewers dislike
- "After an hour of trying to unsuccessfully register online without paying the $15 a month fee for their "IFIT" program, I called the 1-866 phone number. I refuse to pay $15 a month to use my own treadmill I paid for!"
- "The included heart rate [monitor] works only occasionally."
- "It does not display pace, only speed so I found a conversion chart online and taped it to the wall."
- "The speakers kind of suck because there is no base."
- "I don't feel the fan much unless I'm super close to the tower/monitor."
The Proform 905 CST is a solid treadmill once you get it up-and-running. A lot of users note how frustrating it is to bypass the seemingly forced iFit subscription, but once you get that squared away, the treadmill itself is a great workout piece for your home.
The cushioning alleviates pressure on bones, muscles, and joints. And the fan and tablet holder are great additions to have to keep your workout cool and engaging. It's a great treadmill for people looking to keep their exercise routine simple and easy without the hassle of other high-tech models.
Where to buy Proform 905 CST
Amazon has the Proform 905 CST available at the best price. While it's definitely an investment, it comes with Amazon's fast, free shipping! Plus, Amazon gives you the option to divide your payment into monthly installments if you get approved for the Amazon Store Card.