Proform bikes make for great indoor cycling options. The LCD display screen is a great perk and is so much clearer than what you find with the competition. Plus, the Silent Magnetic Resistance flywheel keeps the machine quiet as you work out. However, the best benefit of a Proform exercise bike is how affordable they are.
Is the Proform Bike best for you?
There's a lot to love with Proform bikes. In addition to low price tags, they also come with a 1-year iFit membership. It's important to remember that when looking at different bike models and their various prices. You can take advantage of trainer-led workouts you watch on either the bike itself or from your tablet.
The adjustable seat and extra-wide pedals provide you with the ultimate comfort. The bike is a great way to replace your usual trips to the gym. Now, you can work up a sweat from the comfort of your own home, especially since the size is so much more compact than what you get with other brands.
Consider Proform Bike if...
- You need iFit compatibility. For many people, there's no better way to exercise than with iFit. With the program, you gain access to a vast variety of trainer-led workouts. You even get 1 year of iFit included with your purchase.
- You want peace and quiet. Proform bikes come with a Silent Magnetic Resistance system. That means you aren't going to disturb other people in your household when you exercise.
- You like plenty of resistance. Well over a dozen resistance levels come with these bikes, so you can gradually increase the intensity of your workouts.
Avoid Proform Bike if...
- You need heavier flywheels. Proform bikes tend to come with flywheels weighing between 12 and 20 pounds. This is fine for cardio training, but elite athletes really wanting an intense workout may require something heavier.
- You don't want to deal with regular maintenance. Some reviews indicate how some of the bikes require routine bolt-tightening to prevent squeaking. You may need your toolbox handy to adjust when necessary.
- You'd like a longer warranty. The frame on Proform bikes is covered for 5 years. This may seem sparse compared to the 10-year frame warranty you find with other brands.
Proform Bike pros & cons
- Commercial-gauge solid steel construction
Construction and design
- Seat: The adjustable seat allows you to get comfortable regardless of your height.
- Pedals: Proform bikes feature extra-wide pedals for enhanced stability. You can also swap them out if you require something different.
- Handlebars: The handlebars come with heart rate monitors, so you can keep track of how intense you're really working out.
- Console: The console boasts a big LCD display. You can monitor an array of stats from calories burns to distance traveled.
- Built-in Programs: Depending on the bike you purchase, you can typically find anywhere between 20 and 32 preset programs.
Key Proform Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Proform Bike?
- You want your tablet with you. Proform bikes come with media shelves, allowing you to place your tablet or smartphone directly in front of you. Even without iFit, you can still watch TV or read books to pass the time as you exercise. ?
- You're limited on space. Proform bikes are known for their compact size. Even if you live in an apartment or a small house, you can find somewhere to place your new equipment. ?
- You enjoy low-impact cardio. Older individuals and people with mobility issues may have trouble running on a treadmill. Proform bikes are easy to get in and out of. Plus, they're much easier on your joints, so you don't require as much recovery time.
Reasons to avoid Proform Bike?
- You're heavier. Proform bikes generally support weights of up to 275 pounds. Other stationary bikes tend to at least go up to 300 pounds. ?
- You need to move the bike around often. These bikes usually weigh around 100 pounds. That may be too much for a single person to move independently. You're going to need help if you plan on moving it around every so often.
What real Proform Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Proform Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Proform Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Assembled easily in about 2 hours."
- "It has many levels to train, supports your low back, takes your pulse on the arm handles and has a place to put an ipad."
- "I enjoy using it daily for my rehab."
- "I have a Google Pixelbook and it fits great - I can watch movies and shows while I am exercising to make the time go faster. I am really happy with purchase."
- "We like everything about it -- comfortable, keeps track of miles/calories/time, comfortable seat, sturdy pedals, good shelf/notch for an iPad."
What reviewers dislike
- "6 ft tall good size but if you were much taller knees may hit the bar."
- "I am not sure if it is just me but I had to remove the handle bars so I could avoid bashing my knees into them while pedaling."
- "I was VERY disappointed that it did not come with a power cord."
- "The panel is too close for me to read from."
- "The seat is somewhat thin. Hurts my butt."
Proform makes excellent stationary bikes. They come with a wide array of preset programs and resistance levels, so there are many ways in which you can workout. Plus, the fact it's close to the ground makes it a great option for people who may have trouble getting on something higher.
The 1-year iFit subscription is a great bonus, but you're going to have to pay for it if you want to continue using it after that. It's also not quite as high-end as what you get with other brands like Peloton. But considering the price, it's a great option for anyone who wants something simple but effective to add to their home gym.
Where to buy Proform Bike
Proform bikes are available for sale on Amazon. Some even come with free shipping. Additionally, Amazon makes it simple to compare and contrast the different Proform models, so you can easily find the one best for you.