The ProForm Fit 425 Treadmill is best for people who want an affordable exercise machine that isn't too complicated. It performs best when you're walking or lightly jogging, and it even comes with an EKG heart rate monitor if you need to stay within a given range.
Is the ProForm Fit 425 Treadmill best for you?
The ProForm Fit 425 Treadmill isn't the latest and greatest model out there. Still, if money's tight, then it works in a pinch. It still manages to come with shock-absorbing cushioning to prevent your knees from taking on too much stress. You can jog without worrying about needing several days of recovery time afterward.
You need to sign up for an iFit membership to use this treadmill, but it may be precisely what you need to get in more efficient workouts. You can engage in trainer-led exercises or take advantage of Google Maps to look as though you're jogging around the globe.
Consider ProForm Fit 425 Treadmill if...
- You need affordability. What it lacks in the latest features, it makes up for in price. It's one of the few treadmills you can buy for under $500.
- You plan on using iFit. iFit has changed what you're capable of achieving with at-home workouts. Luckily, this treadmill, despite the low price, still works with the app.
- You like heart rate monitoring. This treadmill comes with an EKG heart rate monitor. You simply grip the handle, and you can easily stay within a targeted range.
Avoid ProForm Fit 425 Treadmill if...
- You need a longer warranty. You don't get a ton of protections with this device. The motor is only covered for 3 years while parts and labor are even fewer.
- You want foldability. Some models, like the ProForm 705 CST, are able to fold in. This allows you to create more room in the space it's in when you need it. However, this model doesn't come with such capabilities.
- You want minimal maintenance. Some reviews note how you have to tighten the belt every so often. It tends to come undone at higher speeds.
ProForm Fit 425 Treadmill pros & cons
- Impact-reducing cushioning
- Blue-tinted LCD display
- 10-percent incline
- Weak motor
- Narrow running track
Construction and design
- Motor: This machine comes with a 1.3CHP motor, which is roughly half of what you get with more modern devices that offer a 3.0CHP motor.
- Running Surface: The running belt measures 17" x 55".
- Touchscreen: There's no touchscreen. Instead, there's a blue-tinted LCD display that allows you to keep track of your pulse, calories, distance, time, and speed.
- Speakers: No built-in audio system comes with this treadmill.
- Built-in Programs: This treadmill comes with 2 CrossWalk Calorie workouts to help you burn fat and get in better shape.
Key ProForm Fit 425 Treadmill Specs
Reasons to buy ProForm Fit 425 Treadmill?
- You plan on lightly exercising. While this treadmill can go up to 10 mph, most users note how it's better for walking and jogging. Otherwise, some of the parts may break prematurely.
- You can't jog on the pavement. With cushioning, it's a lot more comfortable to exercise on this treadmill than jogging outside. It's much easier on your joints.
- You want simple controls. OneTouch controls allow you to effortlessly alter the speed and incline. You have the power.
Reasons to avoid ProForm Fit 425 Treadmill?
- You're taller. The running track is shorter and more narrow than most. It may not be suitable for larger individuals who need more room.
What real ProForm Fit 425 Treadmill reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? ProForm Fit 425 Treadmill receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). ProForm Fit 425 Treadmill scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Good treadmill for the price!"
- "It is compact and has [lots] of features for the price."
- "Assembly was minimal."
- "I love the incline feature and how with just a push of a button the machine quickly changes the incline."
- "It is very sturdy and durable."
What reviewers dislike
- "I don't like that it doesn't display the stored workouts so you can't see the ups and downs."
- "We also had to adjust the belt to tighten because running at even a level 5 it would slip."
- "The belt is a little noisy."
- "It shakes when I walk on it."
- "You have to sign up for Ifit. There is a free trial, then you have to cancel your membership."
The ProForm Fit 425 Treadmill is best for those on a budget. It gives you enough of what you need to get in some solid workouts. The incline settings are nice, and it doesn't take up much space.
However, it does lack more advanced features you'll see in newer ProForm models. If you seek simplicity and affordability, the ProForm Fit 425 Treadmill may just be the perfect machine to add to your home gym.
Where to buy ProForm Fit 425 Treadmill
Amazon has the ProForm Fit 425 treadmill for sale at a great price. Plus, you can take advantage of Amazon's fast, free shipping.