ProForm spin bikes are an appealing option for people who can afford luxury exercise machinery. It's compatible with iFit to give you countless exercise programs. Plus, with a comfortable seat and silent magnetic resistance, you're going to be as (or even more) comfortable than you are at a gym.
Is the ProForm Spin Bike best for you?
ProForm spin bikes are some of the best around. For starters, they offer you 22 resistance levels. Even if you're new to exercising, there's a level for you with plenty of room for growth. It even comes with reliable leveling feet, so even when you're pushing yourself to the max, it's going to be sturdy on the floor.
That's only the beginning of the kind of accessories these bikes come with. You can plug in your music player via the audio port and blast your playlist over the speaker system. You're in total control, even when it comes to the adjustable handlebars. You can rotate them into an upright position.
Consider ProForm Spin Bike if...
- You need frictionless resistance. ProForm utilizes silent magnetic resistance. It allows you to pedal with ease without disturbing other people in the house.
- You want to work out your arms, too. Many ProForm spin bikes come with free weights. They may only weigh 3 pounds, but it's enough to exercise your arms in addition to your legs.
- You like a top-of-the-line touchscreen. Some of the higher-end ProForm bikes come with 10-inch touchscreens. This allows you to utilize iFit workouts whenever you want.
Avoid ProForm Spin Bike if...
- You need something simpler. ProForm is on the cutting-edge of exercise technology. If you think it may be too much for you, then you may want to opt for a model from a few years back.
- You want a lengthier warranty. This bike offers 10 years of coverage on the frame. This pales in comparison to the lifetime warranties offered by other brands.
- You like something more affordable. ProForm is a great company to buy from if you have the cash. However, these are luxury pieces of exercise equipment and may not fit every budget.
ProForm Spin Bike pros & cons
- iFit compatibility
- 10-inch touchscreen with swivel
- 2 pedal choices
- Adjustable handlebars
- Too complicated to use for some people
Construction and design
- Seat: ProForm bikes come with padded seats. Plus, it's adjustable, so you can be as close or as far away from the pedals as you need to be to feel cozy.
- Pedals: ProForm bikes come with interchangeable pedals. You have your choice of straps or clips.
- Handlebars: The handlebars are also adjustable. And you can move them both horizontally and vertically.
- Console: The console predominantly comprises of a 10-inch touchscreen. It also comes with a water bottle holder, audio part, and speaker system.
- Built-in Programs: You gain practically an unlimited number of exercise programs with an iFit subscription.
Key ProForm Spin Bike Specs
Reasons to buy ProForm Spin Bike?
- You want something built to last. ProForm spin bikes are made with the latest, greatest technology. That means you aren't going to feel the need to replace it with something sleeker any time soon.
- You want all-around workouts. ProForm bikes are great people who want to focus on multiple aspects of their health. It helps immensely with cardiovascular health, muscle toning, and weight management.
- You need to move it often. ProForm bikes come with transport wheels. This allows you to easily tip it over and roll it around when you need to change its position in your house.
Reasons to avoid ProForm Spin Bike?
- You're heavier. ProForm bikes can support weights up to 250 pounds. This is substantially less than the 350-pound limit you get with Precor recumbent bikes.
What real ProForm Spin Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? ProForm spin bikes receive high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). ProForm spin bikes scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Great Bike that is easy to pedal and operate with different pedal levels!"
- "The ProForm was easy to set up, use and to store if not in use."
- "It also has an innovative touch screen."
- "I like the shape of Proform. It makes exercising easy and enjoyable."
- "I bought this bike because it is comfortable to sit in, you pick the route you want to ride that day, hook up your iPod and go for a fun and effective ride."
What reviewers dislike
- "There was quite a bit of assembly but the instructions were very clear and easy to follow unlike the instructions on so many other things that you get."
- "I had no place to set my phone."
- "I really liked this bike but it is very heavy."
- "The price is steep but in the end, it is worth it."
- "I wish the seat was more comfortable and there was better padding for your back."
ProForm spin bikes have one of the best touchscreens in the market that syncs up with iFit effortlessly. It even comes with a free 1-year subscription to iFit, so you can test it out before deciding whether you want to keep it.
However, all these features and advanced technology does come at a luxury price. If you're on a budget, this may not be the best brand for you. Instead opt for value brands such as Exerpeutic and Weslo. If this isn't a deciding factor, then you can't go wrong with a ProForm spin bike. The plethora of features, sturdy build, and free iFit subscription, make them some of the best options for your home gym.
Where to buy ProForm Spin Bike
ProForm spin bikes are available for the best prices on Amazon. Plus, you can take advantage of their fast, free shipping!