The Proform Trainer 8.0 Treadmill is notable for the strength it offers. The 3.0CHP motor is perfectly capable of handling speeds up to 12 miles per hour. It also comes with a sturdy frame, backed up by a lifetime warranty that protects your investment for as long as you have it.
Is the Proform Trainer 8.0 Treadmill best for you?
You're going to be hard-pressed to find a treadmill in the Proform Trainer 8.0's price range that gives you the same breadth of features. It comes loaded with 32 programs via the high-quality 7-inch multicolor display screen.
There are plenty of other notable features, as well. The integrated tablet holder allows you to keep another screen handy while you exercise. Plus, you can incorporate an iFit subscription into your regimen. With Bluetooth access, everyone from beginners to experts can train in the way they feel most comfortable with.
Consider the Proform Trainer 8.0 Treadmill if...
- You need a variety of workout programs. There are many different ways to exercise on this machine. With 32 built-in programs, you have a lot to explore.
- You want your tablet handy. The integrated tablet holder locks your device into place. You're able to multi-task by getting some work done or watching your favorite Netflix series right there on the machine.
- You like a powerful sound system. Simply plug in your MP3 player via the audio auxiliary port. You can then listen to your workout playlists instantly.
Avoid Proform Trainer 8.0 Treadmill if...
- You don't think you can move it on your own. This treadmill is rather heavy. While that makes it stable, it's tough to move by yourself. You're probably going to require assistance.
- You have limited space in your home. With a SpaceSaver design, this treadmill folds up when you need it. However, when it's fully assembled, it's big and may not fit in every living room.
- You want to use a wireless heart sensor. Many people want to keep track of their heart rate while they exercise. This machine doesn't track it wirelessly, but you can go a step above and opt for the Proform 905 CST Treadmill, which does come with that feature.
Proform Trainer 8.0 Treadmill pros & cons
- iFit compatibility
- Digital QuickSpeed controls
- ProShox cushioning
- CoolAire workout fan
Construction and design
- Motor: This treadmill boasts a 3.0CHP motor that offers a smooth, quiet motion while offering ample power that goes up to 12 miles per hour.
- Running Surface: The running track measures 20" x 60", which is standard for a treadmill within this price range.
- Touchscreen: You can keep track of all your workout stats with the 7-inch, high-contrast display.
- Speakers: You can listen to your playlists via the 2-inch speakers, which can be accessed by plugging your MP3 player into the machine.
- Built-in Programs: You can access a total of 32 programs that are simple and convenient to access.
Key Proform Trainer 8.0 Treadmill Specs
Reasons to buy Proform Trainer 8.0 Treadmill?
- You need to go easy on your joints. With ProShox cushioning, every stride feels a lot better. It's much easier to run on this treadmill than concrete, easing your body back into shape while in recovery.
- You want to run. With a 3.0CHP commercial motor, this treadmill is capable of handling extreme sprints. If you want to push yourself to the limit, then you can do so on this machine without worrying about damaging the motor.
- You want a great value. For its price range, the Proform Trainer 8.0 Treadmill offers a stellar assortment of features. It's not the most affordable treadmill out there, but when you consider other machines that cost the same, it's a significant improvement.
Reasons to avoid Proform Trainer 8.0 Treadmill?
- You want a simpler assembly. A lot of reviews indicate this treadmill is tough to put together on your own, especially if you live by yourself. You may want to consider paying extra to have professionals assemble it in your home for you.
What real Proform Trainer 8.0 Treadmill reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Proform Trainer 8.0 treadmill receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Proform Trainer 8.0 treadmill scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Overall, great product for a great price."
- "This treadmill is an exceptional value and is exactly what we had hoped for."
- "It runs smoothly and isn't overly loud."
- "Easy to use. I am very happy with this product."
- "This treadmill is awesome, and sturdy."
What reviewers dislike
- "It is heavy to put back up in Spacesaver mode."
- "It sticks out kind of far when it is in Spacesaver mode."
- "The tablet holder that's built in blocks the quick speed keys...so not ideal."
- "No heart rate monitor."
- "No auto-off."
The Proform Trainer 8.0 Treadmill is great for an entry-level model. The variety of programs as well as the special perks you receive really make it stand out. Plus, the top speed and highest incline really allow you to push yourself to the limit. You may be a beginner now, but this treadmill is going to make you an advanced trainee in no time.
The only real thing you need to consider before purchasing is whether you have the space for it in your home. It's pretty big when it's folded out and some reviewers have noted it's a bit bulky when in SpaceSaver mode as well, so this is something to think about. However, if space isn't an issue in your home, the Proform Trainer 8.0 Treadmill is the perfect addition to your home gym.
Where to buy Proform Trainer 8.0 Treadmill
While the Proform Trainer 8.0 Treadmill isn't available on Amazon, the site has plenty of other home gym equipment from Proform available. Plus, you can take advantage of Amazon's fast, free shipping!