The ProForm 405 SPX Indoor Exercise Bike has a host of great features. The 40-pound flywheel offers a smooth, gliding motion with every stride. Plus, you can utilize the adjustable knob to alter the resistance level, allowing you to work out at whatever setting you feel most comfortable with.
Is the ProForm 405 SPX Indoor Exercise Bike best for you?
The ProForm 405 SPX Indoor Exercise Bike is great for anyone who wants to improve their cardiovascular health while losing weight. Different people in your household can benefit from this machine considering it comes with an adjustable seat. This allows people of varying heights to get onboard and perform their best.
This is also a bike that was designed with safety in mind. The padded pedals and handlebars keep you comfy throughout every workout. It even comes with a Quick-Brake system. So if you find yourself in a tough spot, you can automatically shut it off to protect yourself further.
Consider ProForm 405 SPX Indoor Exercise Bike if...
- You need a realistic biking experience. You really feel as though you're pedaling on an open trail with this machine. The direct chain drive system makes it feel like you're on a regular bike.
- You want smooth strides. This device includes a 40-pound flywheel. This offers adequate resistance to offer a challenge while still feeling smooth all the way through.
- You like larger handlebars. With padded, oversized handlebars, you're able to attain a better grip during your exercising. They're also non-slippery to make you avoid any mishaps.
Avoid ProForm 405 SPX Indoor Exercise Bike if...
- You need an audio system. A lot of people just use headphones for this machine since it doesn't come with a built-in speaker system.
- You want Bluetooth. There's also no Bluetooth connectivity, but that's to be expected at its price range.
- You don't like extra noise. A lot of reviewers comment on how this bike is noisier than most. It may not be suitable if you share a small living space with other people.
ProForm 405 SPX Indoor Exercise Bike pros & cons
- Quick-Stop braking system
- Padded seat
- Commercial-grade steel construction
- Transport wheels
- No Bluetooth
- No heart rate monitoring
Construction and design
- Seat: The seat comes with padding to keep you comfortable as you cycle, so you can sit down for longer stretches of time. ]
- Pedals: The pedals come with toe clips to keep your feet secure as you exercise. With the 40-pound flywheel, you also receive a smooth, gliding motion with every stride.
- Handlebars: The multi-position handlebars also come with padding to make your exercise regimen more enjoyable.
- Console: A basic display screen presents you with all standard information.
- Built-in Programs: You don't get any built-in programs with this machine. This is in stark contrast to different ProForm recumbent bikes that at least give you a little something to guide your workouts.
Key ProForm 405 SPX Indoor Exercise Bike Specs
Reasons to buy ProForm 405 SPX Indoor Exercise Bike?
- You require low-impact exercises. An exercise bike is great for anyone who needs to go easy on their joints. It's preferable over running on a treadmill because you aren't placing as much stress on your knees, and this one, in particular, offers smooth motions.
- You live in a compact space. This bike doesn't take up a ton of room. Even if you live in an apartment, you should be able to find a place for it in your home.
- You want something that lasts. With steel construction, you can be confident this bike isn't going to break down any time soon.
Reasons to avoid ProForm 405 SPX Indoor Exercise Bike?
- You want a more reliable warranty. The 5-year warranty on the frame isn't as lengthy as the lifetime coverage you get with other models. While it's made from steel, it may not be enough to provide you with peace of mind.
- You're heavier. This bike only supports weights of up to 250 pounds. Make sure it's suitable for yourself and other people in your household before getting it.
What real ProForm 405 SPX Indoor Exercise Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? ProForm 405 SPX Indoor Exercise Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). ProForm 405 SPX Indoor Exercise Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Great bike that is easy to pedal and operate with different pedal levels!"
- "The ProForm was easy to set up, use and to store if not in use."
- "I also like the display and the comfortable seat."
- "I like the shape of Proform. It makes exercising easy and enjoyable."
- "This is a great bike for general exercising and for trying to get in shape, gives a great workout with diversity."
What reviewers dislike
- "This bike doesn't have a lot of features."
- "Putting it together was a little challenging for me but I did it."
- "The foot pedals are a little hard but reliable, could be some better things but still is good bike."
- "The price is steep but in the end, it is worth it."
- "The bike is kind of heavy."
The ProForm 405 SPX Indoor Exercise Bike comes with a decent array of features. The heavy flywheel is a major perk. Most of the time, you have to go to a commercial gym to get a component that heavy, but this one is designed for home use.
It's missing some features that would've been nice, such as built-in programs. But all-in-all, it's a sturdy, well-made exercise bike that you won't be disappointed with.
Where to buy ProForm 405 SPX Indoor Exercise Bike
The best price for the ProForm 405 SPX Indoor Exercise Bike can be found on Amazon. You also receive free shipping, so you save even more money while getting your new piece of equipment delivered promptly.