The ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill is solid for its price range. While there are 16 preset programs you can use on its own, it also syncs up with iFit. However, it's smaller than most other ProForm treadmills and is ideal for shorter individuals or those with limited space in their homes.
Is the ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill best for you?
The ProForm Performance 300i treadmill comes with a ton of features you might not expect out of a machine that costs this little. The integrated tablet holder is a big step up from inferior models that only give you a shelf placed directly under the LCD display. This way, you can keep track of your stats while watching Netflix with no issues.
It also comes with a sound system compatible with iPods, so you can listen to music through the machine itself. This eliminates the need to find headphones for your workout. Combined with ProShox cushioning to protect your joints, this is a treadmill that was designed with user comfort in mind.
Consider ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill if...
- You need iFit to keep you motivated. iFit has helped numerous people stick with their workout regimens. If you want to sign up, then you're going to be happy to hear this treadmill is iFit-compatible.
- You want a good selection of workouts. This machine includes 16 built-in programs even without iFit. These are primarily geared toward performance improvement and calorie burning.
- You like having your tablet handy. The integrated tablet holder allows you to keep your iPad nearby. Plus, since it's not resting on a shelf, you can watch TV while keeping track of your stats simultaneously.
Avoid ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill if...
- You need a better warranty. Warranty coverages provide you with peace of mind. And this one only gives you 5 years of protection on the frame and motor. Even a machine like the ProForm ZT6 offers lifetime coverage on the frame.
- You want greater power. The treadmill comes with a 2.0CHP motor. While it's fairly quiet, it's also substantially weaker compared to the 3.0CHP motor you get with more contemporary models.
- You like something sturdier. Some reviews indicate issues develop when a heavier person runs on this treadmill at a higher speed. If you're a bigger individual, consider a higher-end treadmill from ProForm.
ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill pros & cons
- iPod-compatible sound system
- EasyLift Assist telescoping shock
- Large LCD display
- Wireless heart rate sensor capability
- Short warranty
- Small weight limit
Construction and design
- Motor: A 2.0CHP motor means this treadmill is best-suited for walking and light jogging.
- Running Surface: The running belt measures 16" x 50", which is smaller than comparable models.
- Touchscreen: The console includes a simple-to-read LCD display that allows you to effortlessly monitor your calories, distance, speed, and time.
- Speakers: You can plug your music-listening device into the treadmill and blast playlists over the speakers.
- Built-in Programs: 16 preset programs already come with your machine that don't require an iFit subscription to access.
Key ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill Specs
Reasons to buy ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill?
- You want less stress on your joints. Running outside is perfectly fine, but for some people, the pavement may be too hard on their joints. Your knees, ankles, and hips feel a lot better after running on the ProShox cushioning found on this treadmill.
- You're looking at a good value. The ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill isn't the cheapest model around. But it's one of the most affordable that's compatible with iFit.
- You like monitoring your heart rate. The ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill gives you 2 options for keeping track of your heart rate. You can grip the hand sensors or use the wireless chest strap, which is sold separately.
Reasons to avoid ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill?
- You're taller. The running track is small. Taller people with longer strides may not like jogging on this device.
- You're heavier. The construction of this treadmill also isn't that suitable for people who weigh more than 300 pounds.
What real ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It was easy to assemble. Two people would have made attaching the display console easier but one person can manage it."
- "The treadmill runs quietly and the belt did not need any alignment."
- "The powered incline worked perfectly and smoothly both raising and lowering the deck."
- "I also love that there is a tablet holder on top, above the display."
- "Once assembled, it fits perfectly in our small townhouse and in the living room next to the t.v."
What reviewers dislike
- "The speakers sound OK but don't expect hi-def."
- "My 250lb boyfriend could walk on it perfectly fine, but when he set it to 6mph, it began to make some weird noises, and it seemed like it would break."
- "Calorie counting is not accurate."
- "No backlit LCD."
- "Each workout is split into 30 one-minute segments, and if you change the speed, it resets to the default speed on the next one-minute segment."
The ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill is a good, mid-range piece of equipment. It's highly recommended for people who are mostly interested in walking and jogging. Plus, the fact it works with iFit isn't something you tend to see in treadmills within its price range.
However, you really have to consider your body size with this treadmill. It's very compact. And while that's great for finding a place for it in your home, it also means it's not that great for bigger people.
Where to buy ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill
Amazon has an array of treadmills available, including the ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill. It comes at a great price along with free shipping.