The Proform 705 CST treadmill is a great budget treadmill. iPod compatibility allows you to play music through the machine's speakers and ProShox cushioning lets you walk or jog without stressing out your joints. It may try to get you to sign up for the iFit program, but you can easily bypass that upon set-up.
Is the Proform 705 CST treadmill best for you?
The Proform 705 CST treadmill is the right treadmill for people who are just beginning to workout and need a machine to grow with them. It's capable of going up to 12 miles per hour and reaching inclines of up to 12 percent. But you don't need to start out that way. Instead, you can take it easy while taking advantage of ProShox cushioning and a built-in fan you can direct toward your face to keep sweat out of your eyes.
The 705 CST is great for people who have limited space in their homes. It folds up so that you can put it away when you're done jogging. It does take up quite a bit of room when it's fully out, so make sure you have the space to support it. Otherwise, it's a solid machine that comes with most of the features you've come to expect from Proform.
Consider Proform 705 CST if...
- You need your iPod as you exercise. The Proform 705 CST comes with dual 2-inch speakers as well as iPod compatible audio. You can hook your device up to the machine and listen to your favorite workout jams as you run.
- You want to increase intensity gradually. This treadmill goes up to 12 mph. The incline goes up to 12 percent. Even if you start slow, there's plenty of room to grow as you increase the speed and incline over time to burn more calories.
- You like keeping your house clutter-free. The Proform 705 CST folds up when you're done with your workout. This allows you to put it away most of the time when it's not in use, so you have more room around the house.
Avoid Proform 705 CST if...
- You don't need a walking treadmill. The Proform 705 CST treadmill comes with a 2.75CHP motor. This features slightly less horsepower than comparable machines. And some reviewers have noted how it doesn't hold up as well to regularly running. But that may not be a problem if you want to walk or lightly jog most of the time.
- You don't want fewer built-in programs. This treadmill comes with 22 built-in workout programs. This is fewer than the 30 programs you get with the Proform 905 CST treadmill.
- You don't like missing out on an iFit subscription. Many Proform machines come with a 1-year subscription to iFit with your purchase. But you don't get that with the 705 CST. You're going to have to pay for it immediately if you desire some extra exercise programs.
Proform 705 CST pros & cons
- Audio auxiliary port with dual speakers
- Recommended mostly for walkers
Construction and design
- Motor: This treadmill comes with a 2.75CHP motor. While it's not as strong as what you find in other models, it still provides smooth inertia for great workouts.
- Running Surface: The running track measures 20" x 60". It's long enough to take big strides, which is what taller individuals may require.
- Touchscreen: The treadmill features a 5-inch backlit screen. It provides you with clear workout stats related to calories burned, distance traveled, and heart rate maintained.
- Speakers: You can plug in your audio device into the treadmill to blast music over the dual 2-inch speakers. You can hear your favorite songs without complication
- Built-in Programs: The 705 CST comes with 22 built-in programs. You can explore different options to try different speeds and inclines to boost your workouts and keep your muscles guessing what you're going to do next.
Key Proform 705 CST Specs
Reasons to buy Proform 705 CST?
- You have a little extra weight. The Proform 705 CST can accommodate up to 325 pounds. Considering other treadmills can only support up to 300 pounds, this model offers greater leeway for heavier individuals.
- You need a budget treadmill. The Proform 705 CST is among the most affordable brand-name treadmills out there. It fits within most people's budgets, and you still get many of the same great features you benefit from with more expensive models.
- You suffer from joint pain. ProShox cushioning on the running track supports your joints and bones. It's the preferable option for people with a history of knee or joint problems who may have issues with firmer treadmills.
Reasons to avoid Proform 705 CST?
- You want more tech. Proform has come out with more technologically-advanced treadmills over the years. The 705 CST lacks some of these perks, but you need to determine if you're actually going to use such features upon purchase.
- You want a smaller footprint. The 705 CST is fairly bulky. While you can fold it in, you need to find a large area to set it up in when you do want to use it.
What real Proform 705 CST reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Proform 705 CST receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Proform 705 CST scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This is probably the most important product that I've ever purchased. I only wish I'd bought one years ago."
- "This is the quietest treadmill I've had and that I've been around."
- "Love my new treadmill. It does take 2 people to put it together. Easy to follow instructions."
- "Running surface is good size and belt [doesn't] slip. Fairly good shock absorption."
- "Very good value. Like everything about the treadmill, feels just like the gym treadmill without the monthly fees."
What reviewers dislike
- "The screen display is not the greatest."
- "You can NOT start the machine without activating/ registering your equipment through ifit using a credit card and also I believe you have to purchase each exercise program (hikes, hills and trails)."
- "The mechanical incline is a bit noisy when operating but not a huge distraction."
- "It shuts off and belt stops HARD! In a 45 min run it stopped twice. I just have to warn people as this could be a potential hazard and cause injury."
- "I bought a treadmill with 22 built in programs, but I'm not allowed to use them????? I cannot use it manually without iFit?"
The Proform 705 CST is a reliable treadmill that appeals to a lot of people. It's great for individuals who want light workouts with the ability to gradually increase as needed. The built-in fan, easy-to-grip handlebars, and tablet holder allows you to be in total comfort as you walk or jog. Plus, you can hook up your iPod to play music directly over the machine's speakers. It's a machine designed for people who want to work out in style.
But there are a lot of practical features to benefit from, too. ProShox cushioning places less strain on your joints, and the heart rate monitor allows you to keep track of your heart beat as you exercise. When you want to get in shape without all of the fancier bells and whistles (that cost more), this is a great option.
Where to buy Proform 705 CST
The Proform 705 CST is available for the best price on Amazon. One perk of buying off Amazon is that the site makes it easy to compare and contrast different treadmills. You can see how the 705 CST stacks up against similar Proform machines to determine which one is best for you.