The ProForm ZT6 Treadmill offers more features than you might expect for a machine in its price range. It comes with 18 built-in programs, power incline settings, and an audio system. It's ideal for walkers and joggers who don't necessarily need the best, most expensive treadmill on the market.
Is the ProForm ZT6 Treadmill best for you?
The ProForm ZT6 Treadmill makes exercising easier than ever before. This is, in part, due to One Touch controls that allow you to alter the incline and speed to your liking. You can go up to a 10-degree angle and/or 10 miles per hour. You can peruse through the various built-in programs to see what the treadmill has in store for you.
Plus, this machine comes with ProShox cushioning. This is able to reduce the impact on your joints by as much as 28 percent. This keeps things light and breezy, so you can continually use your treadmill day in and day out. It's a solid option for people just starting out on their workout journey.
Consider ProForm ZT6 Treadmill if...
- You need workout guidance. This treadmill provides you with 18 built-in programs that certified personal trainers have worked to develop. There are 4 categories to choose from: Intensity, Incline, Speed, and Calories.
- You want to limit its footprint. With SpaceSaver technology, you can fold this machine upward when you're done. This gives you more room in your house to do with as you please.
- You like a good audio system. Intermix Acoustics 2.0 speakers are built into this treadmill. They're smartphone-compatible, so you just plug in your device and listen as your leisure.
Avoid ProForm ZT6 Treadmill if...
- You prefer running over walking. The 2.5CHP motor means this device is more suitable toward light exercise. It's good for walking and jogging, but anyone who wants to sprint often may need something more powerful.
- You want a touchscreen. More advanced treadmills come with touchscreens, allowing you to access a wider range of workout options.
- You like wireless heart rate monitoring. You can keep track of your heart rate via grip sensors in the handlebars. But some people find that cumbersome. It's not compatible with wireless chest straps you get with more advanced machines.
ProForm ZT6 Treadmill pros & cons
- iPod compatibility
- ProShox cushioning
- Power incline
- Affordable price
Construction and design
- Motor: The 2.5CHP motor you get with this treadmill isn't the most powerful you can find in the ProForm line. Other models provide you with a 3.0CHP motor.
- Running Surface: The running track measures 20" x 55", which is most suitable for people who are a bit shorter.
- Touchscreen: In lieu of a touchscreen, you receive a more traditional display that showcases your vital stats.
- Speakers: This treadmill does include a speaker system. You can hook up your smartphone or iPod into the appropriate plug-in to listen to your workout playlist.
- Built-in Programs: 18 built-in programs automatically alter the speed and incline to give you a wider range of workout options.
Key ProForm ZT6 Treadmill Specs
Reasons to buy ProForm ZT6 Treadmill?
- You have sensitive joints. You need a treadmill with good cushioning if you've had issues with your ankles and/or joints in the past. ProShox is a trusted source of reliable cushioning to protect yourself.
- You want something easy to use. This treadmill is straightforward to set up and get to work. It's ideal for people who may not necessarily be tech-savvy.
- You're on a budget. Considering its price range, this machine comes with a decent assortment of features. Many view it as well worth the price tag.
Reasons to avoid ProForm ZT6 Treadmill?
- You want a stronger warranty. While lifetime coverage on the frame is nice, only 1 year on parts and labor is a bit skimpy.
- You're taller. It's generally ideal to get a treadmill with a running track that measures 22" x 60". This one's a lot shorter.
What real ProForm ZT6 Treadmill reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? ProForm ZT6 Treadmill receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). ProForm ZT6 Treadmill scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Pretty easy to put together (I did it alone)."
- "It's very sturdy, and the the fan on the console is a nice touch."
- "Nice features: the quick speed buttons. Makes it easy to go from walk to jog to run and back to walking."
- "The display is very easy to read."
- "The treadmill is very quiet."
What reviewers dislike
- "I'd have rated it a 5 if it had a hydraulic drop down from its fold up position."
- "My only complaint is the design of the side bars."
- "Not a show-stopper."
- "I am not impressed with is the heart rate monitor. It does not seem to work accurately all the time."
- "Would prefer the hand rails to be longer."
Anyone who just needs to stay in shape and lose a little weight can gain a lot with the ProForm ZT6 Treadmill. It's price point is solid, and it comes with a decent array of features, including 18 preset workouts, to give you something to work toward.
The only problem is if you want the latest and greatest model. You can receive an upgraded console by taking a step up to the ProForm Performance 400i, which is compatible with iFit. Ultimately, the ZT6 is basic, but it gets the job done and offers a rewarding experience for those who want to make their workouts easy.
Where to buy ProForm ZT6 Treadmill
Amazon has the ProForm ZT6 Treadmill available for a great price. It even ships fast and free!