Proform recumbent bikes are great for people wanting simple workouts that are easy on the knees. The seat is padded and offers superb lumbar support. Meanwhile, an array of cycling and resistance settings allow you to work out on your terms with minimal hassle.
Is the Proform Recumbent Bike best for you?
Proform recumbent bikes are durable, cutting-edge machines. They feature state-of-the-art technology, such as iPod connections and iFit compatibility. You can plug in your music device and listen to playlists over the machine itself. It even comes with a media shelf, allowing you to read, watch TV, or view trainer-led workouts via iFit or another fitness app.
It has plenty of other features to make your workouts a joy. A water bottle holder keeps hydration nearby while a heavier flywheel (when compared to other brands) keeps resistance levels smooth. These bikes are easy on your joints, drastically reducing the recovery period you need between workouts. It's a great option for people from a range of different backgrounds.
Consider Proform Recumbent Bike if...
- You need lumbar support. The oversized, adjustable seat allows you to get in the most comfortable position before you start your workout.
- You want smooth resistance. The Proform recumbent bike comes with a heavy flywheel, which offers smooth resistance for all levels offered.
- You like extra-wide pedals. A wide surface area to place your feet definitely comes in handy. Plus, it drastically reduces the chances of slippage.
Avoid Proform Recumbent Bike if...
- You want accurate heart rate readings. Dual EKG grips allow you to monitor your heart rate. However, some reviewers note how it's not always the most accurate.
- You don't want to be sold into another subscription. Proform recumbent bikes are iFit-compatible. However, it costs you extra money each month, so think carefully before signing up.
- You don't like short warranties. Proform recumbent bikes come with a 5-year frame warranty. While it's not bad, it's lower than what you get with other brands, which typically provide you with 10 years of coverage on the frame.
Proform Recumbent Bike pros & cons
- Over a dozen resistance levels
- Large LCD window display
- Silent magnetic resistance
- App compatibility
- Transport wheels
- Short warranty
- Confusing set-up for console
Construction and design
- Seat: The seats on Proform recumbent bikes are oversized to support cyclists of any size. Plus, the back offers ample lumbar support to keep your back comfortable as you ride.
- Pedals: The extra-wide pedals also come with safety straps to hold your feet in place. This is great for anyone worried about accidentally slipping while they're exercising.
- Handlebars: The handlebars are located on both sides of the console. They come with EKG sensors to give you readouts on your heart rate.
- Console: The console comes with numerous handy features, including an LCD display, MP3 port, and built-in speakers.
- Built-in Programs: All Proform recumbent bikes come with built-in programs. The exact number varies by model, but you can find as many as 32 with some of the higher-end machines.
Key Proform Recumbent Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Proform Recumbent Bike?
- You're looking for a good value. Proform recumbent bikes don't cost anywhere near as much as other brands, especially something like the Proform 235 CSX. It comes with ample features to give you an outstanding workout.
- You like with other people. Workout equipment can get noisy. But that's not the case with Proform recumbent bikes. Quiet magnetic resistance allows you to exercise without disturbing other people you live with.
- You like listening to music. With an MP3 port and built-in speakers, you can play your workout playlists over the bike itself.
Reasons to avoid Proform Recumbent Bike?
- You're heavier. Some Proform recumbent bikes only support weights of up to 275 pounds. In the event you weight much more than that, you need to upgrade to a higher-end model or look at a different brand entirely.
- You don't have anyone to help you put it together. Some reviews have written about how it's tough to assemble a Proform recumbent bike. It shouldn't be a problem if you have someone there to assist you, but be prepared. It could get confusing.
What real Proform Recumbent Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Proform Recumbent Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Proform Recumbent Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This bike is great for the price, it definitely met my needs."
- "[It's] very comfortable to sit on and keeps track of so many things."
- "The tablet/computer shelf is handy also."
- "It has great tension for a tough workout or relaxed enough for a leisurely peddle while watching TV."
- "Was pleasantly surprised by how quiet the bike is."
What reviewers dislike
- "It took me nearly 7 hours to put it together by myself."
- "Would be nice if there were a few triangle resistance programs."
- "At 5' 10" my knee's just barely clear the handle bars. Any taller would be a no go."
- "Wish it ran off DC power instead of 4D batteries."
- "The panel is too close for me to read from."
The Proform recumbent bike is a great option for anyone looking to regularly engage with low-impact cardio. The step-thru design makes it easy for anyone to get in and out. It's highly recommended for seniors or people with mobility issues. The extra-wide seat is also a nice touch as it keeps you comfortable even for extended rides.
You may need to purchase a more expensive Proform recumbent bike based on what you need, such as one that can support a heavier weight. Additionally, the costlier models also come with more programs you may want to utilize. Ultimately, it's worth your time to browse the selection and determine which one works best for your needs.
Where to buy Proform Recumbent Bike
You can find plenty of Proform recumbent bikes on Amazon. Many of them even come with free shipping, so you can have a great new piece of workout equipment in your living room in no time.