The Proform Hybrid Trainer Elliptical and Recumbent Bike is an affordable workout machine that gives you multiple ways to work up a sweat. It's built for light, low-impact workouts where you can switch from one mode of exercise to the next with minimal interruption.
Is the Proform Hybrid Trainer Elliptical & Recumbent Bike best for you?
The Proform Hybrid Trainer is an exceptional entry-level elliptical and recumbent bike combo. It's incredibly affordable and comes with 16 built-in programs— 8 of which are designed for calorie burning while the other 8 are for speed training.
And if you want even more workout variety, you can subscribe to iFit. You can watch iFit videos from your tablet or smartphone via the integrated holder. Even better? This 2-in-1 piece of home gym equipment is incredibly quiet, so you can workout without disturbing anyone in your household.
Consider Proform Hybrid Trainer Elliptical & Recumbent Bike if...
- You need dual machines for your home gym. This hybrid can go from an elliptical to a bike in seconds. It's a great way to save money if you really want to outfit your home gym but don't have a ton of space.
- You're on a budget. Despite being a hybrid, this machine is actually quite affordable. It's a real 2-for-1 deal.
- You like having your tablet with you. With an integrated tablet holder, you can watch TV shows or read a book from your personal device.
Avoid Proform Hybrid Trainer Elliptical & Recumbent Bike if...
- You want a longer warranty. Other Proform models, like the Endurance 720 E elliptical, give you a lifetime warranty on the frame. This one only gives you 5 years.
- You prefer greater resistance. This elliptical gives you a 13-pound flywheel. That's substantially lighter than the 20-pound flywheels other ellipticals come with.
- You like folding your machine when you're done. This device doesn't fold up in any way. Wherever you place it in your home, is where it has to stay.
Proform Hybrid Trainer Elliptical & Recumbent Bike pros & cons
- Steel frame construction
- 16 digital resistance levels
- Grip sensors
- Integrated sound system
- Minimal console
- No cooling fan
Construction and design
- Flywheel: This hybrid model gives you an inertia-enhanced, 13-pound flywheel. While it's light, it's still 0.6 pounds heavier than the previous model made by Proform.
- Pedals: The oversized, adjustable pedals keep your feet in place so that you can maintain stability as you exercise.
- Handlebars: There are multiple sets of handlebars on this unit so that whether you're cycling or using the elliptical, you can keep your balance.
- Console: This hybrid's console is enabled with Bluetooth and iFit capabilities, allowing you to take your workouts to the next level.
- Resistance: Silent magnetic resistance comes with this machine as well as 16 different levels to choose from.
- Built-in Programs/Features: You receive 16 different preset programs. But with iFit, you gain an unlimited number of settings.
Key Proform Hybrid Trainer Elliptical & Recumbent Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Proform Hybrid Trainer Elliptical & Recumbent Bike?
- You need joint support. This model comes with superior foot pedals with cushioning to support your ankles and knees.
- You want a free iFit trial. Along with your purchase, you receive a 30-day free iFit trial. You can participate in trainer-led workouts to see if it's something that could help you stay in shape.
- You live with other people. With the silent magnetic resistance, this machine doesn't make a sound. You can exercise any time of day without disturbing other people in the household.
Reasons to avoid Proform Hybrid Trainer Elliptical & Recumbent Bike?
- You're taller. The 15-inch stride isn't suitable for taller individuals. If you're over 6 feet tall, then you may need a different machine.
- You want a cooling fan. Many modern ellipticals come with built-in fans to keep you cool as you exercise. This isn't one of them.
What real Proform Hybrid Trainer Elliptical & Recumbent Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Proform Hybrid Trainer Elliptical and Recumbent Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.8 (across several hundred reviews). Proform Hybrid Trainer Elliptical and Recumbent Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The elliptical mechanism is nice and heavy/sturdy and very smooth."
- "Instructions were pretty well laid out and things went together smoothly."
- "Easy to adjust to/from recumbent bike to elliptical."
- "So worth the money and wayyyyy cheaper than going direct through ProForm."
- "Can even plug in an MP3 player and has a shelf for a tablet."
What reviewers dislike
- "It would be nice if they had a heavier padding."
- "Electronics require 4 "D" batteries. There is no AC adapter option."
- "Some parts seem a little shaky while you are working out."
- "About the console, it's nothing special."
- "The 15 inch stride length is way too short for me."
The Proform Hybrid Trainer Elliptical and Recumbent Bike is great for people who want to mix up their workouts. You can utilize the low-impact elliptical one day and then go for a bike ride the next. And with 16 preset programs as well as the option to utilize iFit, your options are plenty.
But with a machine like this, the old adage of "Jack of all trades, master of none" comes to mind. The 13-pound flywheel is ridiculously light, and you may not get the same level of resistance you're used to at a gym. Still, if you're limited on space or want to stretch your dollar, the Proform Hybrid Trainer Elliptical & Recumbent Bike is a smart purchase.
Where to buy Proform Hybrid Trainer Elliptical & Recumbent Bike
Amazon has the Proform Hybrid Trainer Elliptical and Recumbent Bike available for a great price. Plus, you can take advantage of Amazon's fast, free shipping so you can begin to workout in no time!