The Proform Pro 2000 is designed for people serious about their health. The ProShox cushioning provides less impact on your legs while the heart rate monitor allows you to keep track of your heart beat as you run. With variable incline and speed controls, you can start slow and gradually work your way up to more intense settings.
Is the Proform Pro 2000 treadmill best for you?
The 3.5CHP motor allows the Proform Pro 2000 to effortlessly handle speeds up to 12 miles per hour and an incline measuring up to 15 degrees. One of the most unique features of the treadmill is its innovative 3 percent decline, allowing you to exercise different muscles in your legs all from one device.
Your purchase comes with a 1-year iFit membership. You can stream workout videos directly to the 7" display screen to help motivate you through a session. But even without the membership, the treadmill features 50 built-in programs so that you can target different aspects of your health with a few easy commands.
Consider Proform Pro 2000 if...
- You need to use an iFit membership. This treadmill comes with a 12-month membership to iFit. It's a great way to motivate you to use your machine so that you get the most of your subscription while it lasts.
- You want dozens of workouts to choose from. The Proform Pro 2000 treadmill comes with 50 built-in workouts. You can also choose from hundreds of trainer-led videos through the iFit app, which is compatible with the treadmill. You can speed up or slow down depending on your needs to get the exact workout you want.
- You like flexibility. The Pro 2000 comes with speeds up to 12 miles per hour as well as inclines up to 15 degrees. While you can choose from one of the pre-selected settings, you can also adjust based on your own needs. You can start slow and gradually build as your endurance improves.
Avoid Proform Pro 2000 if...
- You don't need noisy fans. While a built-in fan is a nice touch, some reviewers have noted it does get noisy. It may be cumbersome if you want to listen to music or your favorite TV show as you exercise.
- You don't want an iFit membership. While the Pro 2000 comes with 1-year of an iFit membership, you have to remember to cancel at the end of it. Otherwise, you could end up paying for something you may not use all too often. On the other hand, many people like having the membership as motivation.
- You don't like the price tag. The Proform Pro 2000 is expensive. However, it's by no means the priciest treadmill out there. After all, the Speedfit Treadmill costs nearly 3 times as much.
Proform Pro 2000 pros & cons
- EasyLift Assist hydraulic system
Construction and design
- Motor: The treadmill comes with a 3.5CHP motor. This allows it to maintain smooth speeds. And it's much stronger than motors you find in treadmills at the same price level.
- Running Surface: It comes with a large running surface measuring 22" x 60". This is standard across most treadmills.
- Touchscreen: The treadmill features a 7" Smart HD touchscreen. It boasts clear graphics and colors, and it's a great upgrade over the Proform SmartPro 2000 screen.
- Speakers: 2 speakers are built into the treadmill's soundbar. You can connect your smartphone into the machine to play music over them.
- Built-in Programs: The Proform Pro 2000 comes with 50 built-in programs. You can focus on speed, incline, or calorie burn to focus on whatever you want.
Key Proform Pro 2000 Specs
Reasons to buy Proform Pro 2000?
- You want a secure run. The Proform Pro 2000 features a resilient steel frame, including a steel mid-deck cross beam and 2 steel side beams. It feels sturdy, so it doesn't shake or wobble as you run.
- You need to save on space. The Proform Pro 2000 is fairly big to keep out all the time. Fortunately, it comes with a SpaceSaver design to fold in on itself so that you can store it under the bed or anywhere else until you're ready to run again.
- You have joint pain. ProShox cushioning offers outstanding support to your joints, muscles, and bones as you exercise. It's great for older individuals or people recovering from injuries.
Reasons to avoid Proform Pro 2000?
- You don't need a heavy treadmill. At 210 pounds, the Pro 2000 weighs more than comparable machines. This may make assembly a bit harder, especially if you need to get it up a flight of stairs.
- You have vision problems. The screen is relatively small. If you want to watch iFit videos from it, then you may have issues seeing every last detail.
What real Proform Pro 2000 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Proform Pro 2000 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Proform Pro 2000 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It was extremely easy to hook up to my iPad. Speakers are loud and easy to hear."
- "Works great with heart rate monitor which is also pretty accurate."
- "Treadmill is very sturdy and even when jogging, I don't hear my cell phone moving around in any of the holders provided. Love the dual fans! Works great."
- "I think this treadmill is the best of its price class (and probably the cheapest you can go for people doing 20+ miles per week)."
- "I love the tablet holder which I usually put my phone on to watch Netflix."
What reviewers dislike
- "4 stars because of instructions being a bit vague at times and issues with registering the product for warranty purposes."
- "I need to stop the treadmill occasionally, if I'm doing some long distance walking while working. I've come back to start up in as little as under a minute, and it won't start back up."
- "The machine will not do anything until you either signup or override the ifit activation. I do not plan on ever using iFIT and didn't want to use the trial or give them my credit card."
- "You will need two people to assemble this treadmill as it is heavy. It took 2 1/2 hours to fully assemble. Well worth paying for Amazon home treadmill assembly service."
- "The display is hard to see if you don't have light in the room."
The Proform Pro 2000 comes with some great mechanical features. The 3.5CHP motor is leagues above the 3.0CHP motor you find in other treadmills, such as the Proform 905 CST. With 50 workout options to choose from, you never feel bored because there's always a different kind of exercise to try. Plus, this is great for your overall health because you don't want your body to become complacent with your workout regimen.
The screen's a bit small, and the fan's noisy at times. But those are small issues when you look at the treadmill as a whole. You don't have to utilize the iFit subscription if you don't want to. But considering it comes with a full year free, it's worth a shot for 12 months.
Where to buy Proform Pro 2000
The Proform Pro 2000 is offered for the best price on Amazon. It comes with free shipping. And you get guaranteed 2-day delivery with an Amazon Prime subscription.