The Schwinn 170 Upright Bike is an advanced stationary bike that's available for an outstanding price. You can take advantage of 29 preset workout programs as well as a sound system compatible with MP3 players to listen to music through the onboard speakers.
Is the Schwinn 170 Upright Bike best for you?
The Schwinn 170 Upright Bike comes with plenty of features that actually gets you excited to exercise. The mobile device holder lets you bring your tablet with you, and with a 3-speed fan and water bottle holder, you feel comfortable as you cycle. But the perks don't end there.
29 workout programs, including 9 that focus on heart health, let you work out however you feel most comfortable. Plus, there are 25 resistance levels, so you can build up intensity as you become more accustomed to the machine. You can even design up to 4 user profiles, so everyone in the family can keep track of their progress with ease.
Consider Schwinn 170 Upright Bike if...
- You need to save money. The Schwinn 170 Upright Bike is a great value for what you pay. It comes with plenty of features for a fraction of the price as other exercise bikes.?
- You want variety in your workouts. This Schwinn bike comes with 29 workout routines. Each one focuses on a different aspect of your health from calorie burning to heart health.?
- You like online services. You can connect this bike to Schwinn apps or My Fitness Pal. You can connect your phone to the bike via the USB drive to take advantage of advanced data tracking.
Avoid Schwinn 170 Upright Bike if...
- You want the feel of a real bike. The Schwinn 170 comes with a lighter flywheel weighing 13 pounds. This means it doesn't offer the same level of heavier resistance, so it doesn't feel quite on the same level as a regular bike.?
- You like a comfortable seat. Some reviewers have noted how the seat is uncomfortable. However, you can replace it if you desire.?
- You need a higher warranty. There's a 2-year warranty on parts and labor. This may not instill a lot of confidence although many people have stated in reviews how the bike tends to last a while.
Schwinn 170 Upright Bike pros & cons
- Compact frame
- Quiet magnetic resistance
- Mobile device holder
- MP3 speakers
- 3-speed fan
- Lighter flywheel
- Short warranty
Construction and design
- Seat: The seat on this upright bike comes with fore and aft adjustments. You can feel as comfortable as you need to.?
- Pedals: This bike features 1-crank pedals with straps that are noteworthy for keeping your feet in place as you exercise.?
- Handlebars: You gain a comfortable riding position thanks to the padded handlebars that come with adjustable angles.?
- Console: You can keep track of important stats via the DualTrack blue backlit LCD screens that provide greater visibility.
- ?Built-in Programs: 29 workout programs come with this bike, including recovery tests, fitness tests, and heart rate controls.
Key Schwinn 170 Upright Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Schwinn 170 Upright Bike?
- You want your workout playlists handy. This bike comes with integrated speakers as well as a USB port. You can plug in your device and listen to music directly over the machine, so you don't have to deal with headphones during your workouts.?
- You want entertainment at your fingertips. A tablet holder allows you to keep your iPad in front of you as you cycle. You can watch TV shows or read books from your device to help make the time go by faster.?
- You like easy assembly. Once your bike comes in the mail, you can start using it in no time. It comes with simple assembly instructions, and many people find they can get it operational just by themselves.
Reasons to avoid Schwinn 170 Upright Bike?
- You want accurate data. Some reviews point to the fact that calorie counts seem off. You may not get the exact information even when you enter your weight.?
- You want something easier to step into. Some people love upright bikes while others find it cumbersome to get up high to work out. If you fall into the latter category, then you may prefer something like the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike.
What real Schwinn 170 Upright Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Schwinn 170 Upright Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Schwinn 170 Upright Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It feels very solid when riding it, by all four members of our family, weighing from 125 to 220 pounds."
- "It is VERY quiet in use, and easy to move."
- "It was easy for my daughter and I to assemble, and it's very easy to move after you get it built."
- "While the computer offers many programmed workouts, I am happy to set my own pace and watch the basic time and mileage options that tell me all I need to know about my ride."
- "With this bike I can set the resistance, close my eyes and I feel like I am riding outside!"
What reviewers dislike
- "Instruction manual does not help you much with learning how to navigate the programs."
- "Only con would be the seat isn’t too comfy after an hour on the bike but no pain, no gain right?"
- "The seat kept moving a bit for me initially."
- "The belt on the pedal doesn't fit my feet perfectly."
- "I haven't been very comfortable standing and biking on this one...maybe down the line changing to SPD pedals could do it."
The Schwinn 170 Upright Bike is a solid bike for what you pay. It comes with a superb assortment of programs, so it's great for families where everyone wants to focus on something different. Plus, it comes with all the features, including water bottle holder, media holder, and fan, you want out of a piece of workout equipment.
There are some things that stand to be desired. You get more comfortable seats with other bikes. Plus, the warranty is more bare bones than what you may be used to. However, considering you spend far less compared with other brands, it's a worthwhile investment.
Where to buy Schwinn 170 Upright Bike
Amazon has the Schwinn 170 Upright Bike for sale at a great price. Not only does it qualify for Amazon's fast, free shipping, you can compare other Schwinn exercise bikes on the site as well!