Schwinn recumbent bikes are great for everyone from novices to fitness gurus. It comes with an array of stellar features, including a water bottle holder, media shelf, and built-in speakers. Plus, with 29 preset workouts, you can find the perfect method to get in shape.
Is the Schwinn Recumbent Bike best for you?
Schwinn recumbent bikes offer a great value. They're affordable and you get numerous features you don't find with other machines in its range. The frame itself is relatively compact, so you can fit it in most spots in your home. Since it's low to the ground, anyone can step inside without trouble.
It also boasts 25 levels of resistance that you can alter from the console. Along with 29 programmed settings, there are numerous ways to work up a sweat. If you really want to take your workouts to the next level, you can benefit from the Bluetooth compatibility. You can sync the device with your smartphone to track your progress. You can also plug your phone into the machine to listen to playlists directly through the bike's speakers. All these features at a good price means the Schwinn recumbent bike has become a popular choice among all kinds of fitness enthusiasts.
Consider Schwinn Recumbent Bike if...
- You need a vast array of programs. Some Schwinn recumbent bikes come with up to 29 preset programs. From heart rate control to custom settings, this bike puts you in the driver's seat.
- You want Bluetooth connectivity. Many Schwinn bikes can sync to your smartphone. You can download the Schwinn Trainer App or pretty much any other fitness app to keep track of your progress with ease.
- You like all the extras. Media shelves, MP3 input ports, and adjustable fans are just some of the bonus features you find with the Schwinn brand.
Avoid Schwinn Recumbent Bike if...
- You need a chest strap monitor. To monitor your heart rate, some people prefer using the chest strap. It doesn't come with your purchase, and it seems to cost between $50 and $60 extra. However, if you're willing to shell out a little more, it could be a worthwhile investment.
- You want accurate readings. Some reviewers seem to suggest the calorie burner and heart rate grip monitors in the handlebars don't give the most accurate readings. If you need to know precisely what you accomplished in a given workout, then it could cause problems.
- You like adjusting the control panel. Schwinn recumbent bikes don't allow you to adjust the control panel. It stays in the same location, which can make it tough for some people to watch TV in front of the machine.
Schwinn Recumbent Bike pros & cons
- DualTrack LCD display
- 25 resistance levels
- Telemetry enabled
- Built-in speakers
- Shorter warranty
- Lack of adjustability on panel
Construction and design
- Seat: The reclined seat is easier to get into compared to other exercise bikes. For this brand, the seats also come ventilated and contoured
- Pedals: The pedals feature straps to keep your feet in place. You can also adjust the seat to change how close your legs are to the pedals depending on your height
- Handlebars: Padded handlebars come at either side of the control panel
- Console: The console computer allows you to create 4 user profiles, and it comes with Bluetooth compatibility to sync with apps on your smartphone
- Built-in Programs: 29 built-in programs come with Schwinn recumbent bikes. There are 9 heart rate control programs as well as 2 fitness tests you can engage with.
Key Schwinn Recumbent Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Schwinn Recumbent Bike?
- You're on a budget. Schwinn recumbent bikes are great for people who don't want to spend a ton of money to outfit their home gyms. They tend to only cost a few hundred dollars. There are different models available, so you can find the right one for your needs.
- You have mobility issues. Recumbent bikes are low-impact. You don't have to work out as hard compared to a treadmill, making it a great option for senior citizens and people who have recently suffered injuries.
- You like listening to music. The MP3 port and built-in speakers allow you to plug in your music player or smartphone to play songs directly over the machine. It's a great option so that you don't have to deal with headphones.
Reasons to avoid Schwinn Recumbent Bike?
- You're taller. Schwinn recumbent bikes tend to be suitable for people up to 6 feet in height. If you're much taller than that, then you may feel uncomfortable scrunching your legs to reach the pedals.
- You don't want to plug your equipment in. Some exercise bikes don't rely on electricity. You just need batteries for the console. For Schwinn recumbent bikes, you do need an outlet nearby to plug into.
What real Schwinn Recumbent Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Schwinn Recumbent Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Schwinn Recumbent Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The bike has a very smooth ride on all resistances."
- "The padded seat and perforated seatback are very comfortable, and feels very solid during the workout."
- "A recumbent takes the strain off your hips, knees, and lower back for an enjoyable but effective form of exercise."
- "It was easy to assemble (took about an hour), and the directions were easy to read and the tools and all pieces needed were packaged clearly."
- "The built-in fan is perfect. It is totally silent so I drop my tablet on the top shelf above the console and watch TV."
What reviewers dislike
- "The bike is quite heavy."
- "For me, the calorie count is always pretty far off of what would be expected."
- "The iPhone app is functional, if a bit rudimentary."
- "When I finished assembly and turned on the monitor I quickly discovered that the magnetic resistance was locked on high."
- "The bike’s level of resistance does not work correctly."
Schwinn recumbent bikes are great for people who don't want to be too high off the ground. You effortlessly step into it and get pedaling. Plus, it has plenty of nice features considering its price point. With built-in speakers and Bluetooth connectivity, there are many ways you can use this machine. Of course, you can always stick with the easy way and just start pedaling to get in a solid workout.
Some of the data, such as calorie count, appears to be inaccurate for some users. However, if you go into purchasing the bike with that in mind, you can adjust your expectations as necessary. It's a great investment and a worthwhile addition to pretty much any home gym.
Where to buy Schwinn Recumbent Bike
Amazon has plenty of Schwinn recumbent bikes for sale. Compare the different models directly on the site, plus enjoy Amazon's fast, free shipping,