The Schwinn Airdyne AD7 is the most advanced model within the Airdyne series. While the most expensive model in the collection, it comes with advanced features, such as a powder-coated frame, telemetric heart rate technology, and multi-position handlebars.
Is the Schwinn Airdyne AD7 best for you?
The Schwinn Airdyne AD7 is an advanced piece of exercise equipment. For starters, it comes with a powder-coated frame, which allows it to look brand new for a longer period of time. You also enjoy smooth air resistance via the fan wheel. With this type of wheel, the bike doesn't need to be plugged into an outlet, and it offers an infinite number of resistance levels you don't have to alter manually.
While many exercise bikes are great for lower-body workouts, the AD7 is great for people who want to work out their arms, too. It comes with multi-grip moving handlebars so that you can pump your arm muscles each session. With 9 workout programs to choose from outside of manual mode, you have some options to keep your exercises interesting over time.
Consider Schwinn Airdyne AD7 if...
- You need unlimited resistance. You're not limited with the intensity of your workouts, which is a great addition for expert exercisers. The fan flywheel allows for more difficult resistance the harder you pedal, so you aren't restricted in how far you can go.
- You want the ability to place it anywhere in your home. The Schwinn Airdyne AD7 doesn't need to be plugged in. Therefore, you can place it anywhere in your home without worrying if an outlet is nearby.
- You like upper-body training, too. The handlebars allow you to work out your arms in addition to your legs. Plus, the handlebars are multi-position, so you can grip them from any angle.
Avoid Schwinn Airdyne AD7 if...
- You need a higher-tech screen. The monitor on this stationary bike isn't illuminated. It's a bit more low-key considering this bike came out in 2018.
- You want a bigger seat. Some reviewers have noted how the seat feels a little small, so it may not be suitable for larger individuals.
- You like having a cooling fan. Many bikes feature a built-in fan to give you a nice breeze as you exercise. No such fan exists on this bike.
Schwinn Airdyne AD7 pros & cons
- Progressive wind resistance
- Single stage belt drive
- 9 preset workouts
- Footrests for upper-body training
- Compact size
- Low-tech monitor
- Small seat
Construction and design
- Seat: This bike comes with an adjustable seat so that you can move it further away or closer to the pedals depending on what you need.
- Pedals: It comes with standard pedals.
- Handlebars: The multi-position, moving handlebars are great for exercising muscles in your arms.
- Console: The console is powered by 2 AA batteries and comes with an LED display.
- Built-in Programs: There are 9 preset programs, and these include interval and target training.
Key Schwinn Airdyne AD7 Specs
Reasons to buy Schwinn Airdyne AD7?
- You value quiet operation. The AD7 is noteworthy for how quiet it is as you exercise. It's a great feature if you live with other people and don't want to disturb them with your workouts.
- You want durability. The AD7 was built to last. The powder-coated, anti-corrosion frame is designed to last for years on end, so you can keep benefitting from the AD7 for quite a while.
- You're heavier. The AD7 supports weights of up to 350 pounds. This gives it a leg-up from bikes that can only handle maximum weights of 300 pounds.
Reasons to avoid Schwinn Airdyne AD7?
- You're on a budget. The AD7 is the most expensive model in the Schwinn Airdyne series. If you're looking to save money, then you may want to considering something like the AD2 or AD6.
- You want a longer warranty. The frame on this bike is only covered for 5 years. This is significantly less than the 10-year warranty you find with other brands.
What real Schwinn Airdyne AD7 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Schwinn Airdyne AD7 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Schwinn Airdyne AD7 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "There is nothing on this bike that will need maintenance other than batteries for the electronic readout."
- "The unit operates very smoothly and provides a great workout."
- "This unit is very easy to assemble and very very solid."
- "The multiple grips allow people of different sizes to use the machine with less compromise in form and comfort."
- "With the AD7, I can sit upright and look straight ahead for good visibility of the console."
What reviewers dislike
- "It’s disappointing that Schwinn didn’t include Bluetooth and other options that are available on their recumbent and traditional upright exercise bikes."
- "Some people may not love that there is no resistance adjustment (the fan is the resistance, so to work harder, you just pedal faster), but I’ve gotten used to it."
- "I felt a slight but noticeable "grinding" when the left side handle was on the back stroke."
- "The wonderful cooling breeze you get from an AirDyne model is no longer so cooling."
- "I am having a problem calibrating this AD7."
The Schwinn Airdyne AD7 is a high-quality, resilient stationary bike that's great for beginners and experts alike. It's easy to set up and use and comes with a variety of workout programs to give you numerous ways to benefit from your purchase.
It's a bit more expensive than other bikes, but considering how long it can last, it may be an investment worth making. If you have the money to spend, then the AD7 comes with features you just don't get with other bikes in the Schwinn Airdyne series.
Where to buy Schwinn Airdyne AD7
You can purchase a Schwinn Airdyne AD7 on Amazon for a great price. It comes with free shipping, and you can compare the AD7 with other bikes in the Airdyne series to determine which one is ideal for you.