The Schwinn 830 is a solid folding treadmill. It's much more affordable than your standard home treadmill and performs well. The running track is cushioned and durable for walkers. Plus, 22 preset programs allow you to have variety in the way you exercise.
Is the Schwinn 830 treadmill best for you?
The Schwinn 830 has plenty of upgrades to make it a step above other treadmills in its price range. Some of the amenities you find with this machine include a media ledge, built-in speakers, USB charging port, and a 3-speed fan. In addition to features to keep you comfy, other aspects of this treadmill are designed to help you get in the best workout possible.
For starters, it comes with 22 preset programs. You can try different runs that focus on heart health, weight control, or interval training. You're even able to design custom workouts to jog any way you see fit.
Consider Schwinn 830 if...
- You need more open floor space. The Schwinn 830 comes with a folding frame, allowing you to store it upright. Shock-assist technology permit easy folding, and it effortlessly locks into place.
- You want a quiet treadmill. The Schwinn 830 comes with a thick tread belt considering its price range. This belt goes over 2.5-inch diameter crowned rollers to allow for less maintenance and more silence.
- You like a power incline. You can burn more calories by setting your treadmill on an incline. Luckily for walkers, the Schwinn 830 has power incline settings that go up to 12 percent. This is also useful for exercising different lower body muscles.
Avoid Schwinn 830 if...
- You don't like a limited warranty. This treadmill's warranty looks a little lackluster compared with other brands. For example, Xterra treadmills give you lifetime coverage on the frame and motor. Schwinn provides a 10-year warranty for the same components.
- You want greater suspension. This treadmill features an entry-level suspension. While you don't feel a difference while walking, it may not feel as smooth if you jog or run.
- You like treadmills with touchscreens. The Schwinn 830 boasts a blue backlit LCD monitor. While it's nice for displaying vital stats, more modern treadmills come with an interactive touchscreen, which allows you to watch trainer-led workouts directly from the machine.
Schwinn 830 pros & cons
- 4 cell Softrak deck cushioning system
- 22 preset exercise programs
Construction and design
- Motor: This treadmill comes with a 2.75CHP motor that supports you throughout every workout.
- Running Surface: The Schwinn 830's running track measures 20" x 55".
- Touchscreen: While this treadmill doesn't have a touchscreen, it does feature a high-resolution, blue-backlit LCD screen that allows you to track your fitness goals and view different programs.
- Speakers: This machine offers MP3 input. That way you can listen to your workout playlist through the treadmill's speakers.
- Built-in Programs: 22 preset programs focused on an array of goals, from calorie burning to interval training, are present.
Key Schwinn 830 Specs
Reasons to buy Schwinn 830?
- You want your tablet as you exercise. The Schwinn 830 boasts a media holder, allowing you to rest your tablet, book, or magazine right on the machine. Time on a treadmill goes by faster when your focus is elsewhere. And you can entertain yourself as you work up a sweat.
- You plan on using it with other people. You can create up to 4 different user profiles within this device. That way each individual member of the family can keep track of their progress without another person's data getting in the way.
- You like monitoring your heart rate. Every Schwinn treadmill comes with a built-in pulse sensor. Upon physical contact with the handlebar, the machine provides your heart rate. For people who need to make sure they stay within a certain range while exercising, it's a great feature. Plus, you can buy a wireless heart rate transmitter separately.
Reasons to avoid Schwinn 830?
You're taller. The running track on the Schwinn 830 measures 20" x 55". This is a bit shorter than other treadmills, which typically measure 22" x 60". The reduced space may not be ideal for bigger individuals.
You want to run. Most treadmills contain a 3.0CHP motor. With a 2.75CHP motor, the Schwinn 830 is a bit weaker. As such, it performs better at slower speeds and may not be suitable if you want to sprint every day.
What real Schwinn 830 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Schwinn 830 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Schwinn 830 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It's quiet enough it didn't scare my cat, the dampers on it really do work."
- "The multi user settings allowed me and the wife to effortlessly track our progress."
- "The fan was decently powerful and always kept me cool."
- "The running area is very spacious and the built in rubber shocks make for a comfortable run."
- "The treadmill itself, quiet, smooth, with great features for the price. Very happy with my purchase."
What reviewers dislike
- "The little wheels [didn't] make a difference on our carpet so it was a pain to move later. A real pain."
- "The item is heavy and awkward to move due to the size."
- "The only minor negatives I have noticed are that sometimes the information displayed on the monitor is inaccurate."
- "Difficult to lubricate the inside of the belt."
- "It will take two people for most of the assembly."
The Schwinn 830 is a solid treadmill for its price point. With 22 preset programs and power incline controls, you can get the exact workout you want. And 4 user profiles allow you to maintain your progress without interfering with someone else's. It's a bit smaller than other models with a less powerful motor and smaller running deck. But those may not be an issue for you if you just plan on walking or lightly jogging most of the time.
This treadmill is a great choice for runners who want something affordable but don't want to sacrifice on all the bells and whistles.
Where to buy Schwinn 830
You can find the Schwinn 830 treadmill for a great deal on Amazon. It comes with free shipping. And you can save some money upon approval of an Amazon Rewards Visa Card.