The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is suitable for everyone from novices to experts. It's loaded with 29 preset workouts, and with Bluetooth connectivity, you can download workout data from the bike to your phone. You can track your progress in real time with ease.
Is the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike best for you?
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike really excels in its workout programming. There are dozens of fitness tests and workout routines to choose from, including 20 resistance levels. Plus, you can create up to 4 user profiles, so everyone in the family can keep track of their own progress and stats without interfering with someone else's.
All pertinent data is displayed on the console's LCD screen. It shows distance, time, and other stats all at once. The console also comes with built-in speakers, allowing you to plug in your MP3 player to listen to your workout playlist. It also features a media shelf, so while the machine itself doesn't have a touchscreen, you can bring your own to watch TV or read ebooks.
Consider Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike if...
- You need ample exercise programs. The Schwinn 270 comes with 29 built-in workout programs and 25 resistance levels. Even if you're a beginner, there is plenty of room for you to grow and get in shape.?
- You want Bluetooth connectivity. With Bluetooth compatibility, you can sync the bike with your smartphone. It works with MyFitnessPal and Nautilus Connect so that you can have all of your workout data right on your mobile device.?
- You like having your tablet with you. This bike features a media shelf, allowing you to watch TV or read books on your tablet as you cycle. It's a great way to always have entertainment at your fingertips.
Avoid Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike if...
- You want to watch your home's TV. You can't adjust the screen's height on this bike. Therefore, it may be tough to see a TV in front of you depending on your height.?
- You don't want to buy accessories separately. While this bike is compatible with a wireless chest strap to monitor your heart rate, you have to purchase that strap separately.?
- You're taller. Some reviewers have stated that this bike may be uncomfortable to those who are over 6 feet.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike pros & cons
- MP3 player port and speakers
- 4 user profiles
- Adjustable seat position
- Cushioned seat
- Ventilated back to seat
- Shorter warranty
- Non-adjustable height on screen
Construction and design
- Seat: This bikes features a padded seat with a ventilated back to keep you comfortable as you exercise. It also features an aluminum slider seat system to adjust how far away from the pedals you are.?
- Pedals: It features oversized pedals to help you exercise more comfortably without slipping.?
- Handlebars: The handlebar grips come with heart rate monitoring sensors.?
- Console: The console comes with an MP3 or iPod input port. It also features a dual LCD screen system to review vital stats about your progress.?
- Built-in Programs: 29 workout programs come with the bike with each one focused on a different aspect of your health.
Key Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike?
- You want easy access. The Schwinn 270 features a walkthrough frame. That means it's easy for anyone, including seniors, to step in and out of the bike and get pedaling.?
- You love your workout playlists. This bike features sealed acoustic chamber speakers. That means when you plug in your device, you get high-quality audio, allowing you to listen to songs or podcasts with complete clarity.?
- You're on a budget. The Schwinn 270 is a fantastic addition to any home gym that doesn't break the bank. It comes at a fraction of the price of other workout machines available.
Reasons to avoid Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike?
- You want greater peace of mind. A 10-year warranty on the frame is decent, but considering other models give you lifetime coverage, it seems a bit barren. Many reviewers have noted how Schwinn bikes tend to last a while, but the warranty itself may not inspire a ton of confidence.?
- You're heavier. This recumbent bike supports weights of up to 300 pounds. If you weigh much more than that, then you may want to look into a bike with a sturdier frame.
What real Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Excellent directions for each step, with things that could be put in place at the factory already done for us."
- "It seems as sturdy as the commercial-grade bikes that we used at our local gym."
- "The display console has built in speakers for my phone music, an USB charger port, and a built in fan that you can actually feel blowing on you. I recommend this bike!"
- "So far really like it especially for the price."
- "It is well designed, comfortable, sturdy and easy to assemble."
What reviewers dislike
- "A brightness adjustment would be nice."
- "The only issue I have is the seat back is too hard."
- "Accuracy of the bpms is questionable but that is not important to me."
- "The only "con" is the hard to understand (for me) display screen and controls that monitor a workout session."
- "The water bottle holder is behind your right hip and it should be in front so you can maintain cadence when reaching for water."
The Schwinn 270 is an affordable recumbent bike that gives you plenty of momentum to continue improving upon your workouts. With 29 workout programs and many resistance levels, you can work you way up at your own pace. With the ability to create up to 4 user profiles, everyone in your household can keep track of their progress effortlessly.
Considering its price point, it's understandable there are a few more advanced features missing. An adjustable control panel would've been nice, but overall, there are few complaints.
Where to buy Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
Amazon has the Schwinn 270 bike available for sale at a great price. The site also has other Schwinn bikes available, so heading to Amazon is an easy way to compare them all to see which model is right for you.