The Schwinn AD6 has everything you need for a solid workout. The harder you pedal, the more resistance you receive for greater intensity. Plus, this bike comes with pivoting handlebars to give your arms as good of a workout as your legs. With a large, padded seat, you can hop on for the long haul.
Is the Schwinn AD6 best for you?
The Schwinn AD6 is great when you want a total-body trainer. Unlike a lot of other stationary bikes out there, this one comes with moving handlebars. There are also leg rests to give you two ways to exercise. You can move your arms and legs in tandem with one another or merely use the handlebars on their own if you just want to work out your arm muscles.
You have an infinite amount of resistance thanks to the fan wheel. You increase the resistance level by pedaling harder. The LCD monitor shows you everything from RPM to time so that you can see how much you're improving with each ride. The monitor is battery-operated with the bike itself not needing to be plugged in at all. It's great for people who want to save money while working out several different muscle groups.
Consider Schwinn AD6 if...
- You need full-body cardio workouts. With moving handlebars, you can work out your arms as much as your legs.
- You want quiet operation. The fan wheel keeps things quiet. You can exercise to your heart's content without making a lot of noise, which can be a problem with other pieces of exercise equipment.
- You like a compact design. If you're short on space, then you can't have something huge in your home gym. Fortunately, the AD6 is relatively small, so it's a great pick for people in apartments or small homes.
Avoid Schwinn AD6 if...
- You don't want to buy extra accessories. A reading rack is sold separately. While this bike is relatively affordable, getting extras inevitably increases the final price tag.
- You desire greater ergonomics. The seat comes padded. However, some reviewers have said it's not the most comfortable around. It also only adjusts vertically and not horizontally.
- You like preset programs. Built-in programs allow you to exercise in different ways to go between interval and heart rate training. No such programs exist with this bike.
Schwinn AD6 pros & cons
- Wireless telemetry
- Data monitor
- Unlimited resistance levels
- Smooth pedaling
- No preset programs
- Limited ergonomics
Construction and design
- Seat: The extra-padded, oversized seat helps keep you cozy as you cycle. However, there's no back, so there's limited lumbar support.
- Pedals: This bike comes with standard pedals complete with foot straps to provide you with improved stability.
- Handlebars: The pivoting handlebars give your arms as much of a workout as your legs.
- Console: The console provides all the stats you need and is powered by 2 AA batteries.
- Built-in Programs: There are no preset programs with this device.
Key Schwinn AD6 Specs
Reasons to buy Schwinn AD6?
- You prefer easy moving. The AD6 comes with transport wheels, so any time you need to move it around, you can do so effortlessly.
- You want to stay hydrated. The AD6 comes with an integrated water bottle holder, giving you hydration when you need it most.
- You want to put it anywhere in your home. This bike doesn't need to be plugged in to operate. Therefore, you have more options for where you put it in your abode.
Reasons to avoid Schwinn AD6?
- You want a more advanced console. Many modern bikes come with HD screens on the console. The LCD set-up comes across as more dated to some people.
- You can afford to spend a little more. If you want more features, including built-in programs, and have the money to spend, then you may be better off upgrading to the Schwinn AD7.
What real Schwinn AD6 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Schwinn AD6 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Schwinn AD6 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I put it together in about 30 minutes with the included tools and now I am a very happy man."
- "I'm very happy with this purchase, plus I don't have to worry about where to find parts if ever needed as with some other brands."
- "The bike is very stable when leveled on a solid floor."
- "The AD6 is a well built exercise machine and gives you a great lower and upper body workout."
- "Compared to the Evolution Comp, the AD6 operation just feels smoother."
What reviewers dislike
- "The AD4 display is easier to read."
- "The seat adjustment is very limited and the seat comfort could use improvement."
- "It diminishes that quality by NOT providing an LED light on the console."
- "The only complaint I have is that Schwinn changed the fan blade shape so that it is a forward scoop, rather than an upright fan blade."
- "The control panel is not particularly user-friendly."
The Schwinn AD6 is a solid bike for the price. The resistance offered by the wheel allows you to really push yourself to the limit. Plus, the handlebars are expertly designed to give your arms an incredible workout, too.
There are some accessories you need to buy separately. It's a bit basic compared to something like the AD7, but some people just need a stationary bike to stay in shape at home. This machine gets that job done wonderfully.
Where to buy Schwinn AD6
The Schwinn AD6, as well as other bikes in the Schwinn Airdyne series, are available for sale on Amazon. Every bike comes at a stellar price, and you also qualify for free shipping.