The Schwinn My16 230 Recumbent Bike is a high-quality machine. The one-piece chassis and steel tubing construction provides a stable and durable ride. An array of other features, including app compatibility and a magnetic resistance system, give you modern amenities that make your workout sessions even more enjoyable.
Is the Schwinn My16 230 Recumbent Bike best for you?
The Schwinn My16 230 Recumbent Bike comes with everything needed to make you excited for exercising. The ergonomic, ventilated seat goes easy on your back, so you can sit for long periods of time.
This is a bike that allows you to work out however you feel best. With 22 built-in programs and 20 resistance levels, there are many ways to work up a sweat. Plus, you can keep track of your progress by syncing the bike with a myriad of fitness apps, such as SchwinnConnect or Apple Health. You can sync this data by plugging your device into the USB port, allowing you to see how much you've improved over time.
Consider Schwinn My16 230 Recumbent Bike if...
- You need an ergonomic seat. The ventilated, padded seat on this bike makes it easy to sit in for a while. It's among the most comfortable seats you can find on a stationary bike.
- You want peace and quiet. Thanks to the magnetic resistance system, the operation on this bike is remarkably silent.
- You like plenty of workout programs. There are 22 preset programs found in this bike. This gives you ample variety in how you exercise.
Avoid Schwinn My16 230 Recumbent Bike if...
- You're limited on space. When fully assembled, this recumbent bike is fairly large. Wherever you assemble it is pretty much where you want to keep it.
- You want to view a tablet and stats simultaneously. If you place a tablet on the shelf, then it covers up the display screen on the console. Therefore, you can't track your progress if you want to watch shows or read as you cycle.
- You like folding your bike. There's no foldability feature on this bike. The way it is assembled is the way it has to stay.
Schwinn My16 230 Recumbent Bike pros & cons
- 22 built-in programs
- 20 resistance levels
- USB port with sound system
- 3-speed fan
- Weighted pedals
- No foldability
- No chest strap included
Construction and design
- Seat: The padded, ventilated seat allows for greater comfort as you cycle. it's also adjustable, so you can get closer or further away from the pedals as necessary.
- Pedals: The pedals on this bike come with straps to give you with greater security as you cycle.
- Handlebars: There are 2 sets of handlebars on this bike. The first is located by the seat while the other has handles on either side of the console. Both sets include foam grips for added comfort.
- Console: The console comes with all the settings you need to adjust the settings on your bike, including programs and resistance levels.
- Built-in Programs: There are 22 preset programs that come with this bike. This includes 9 profile programs, 8 heart rate programs, 2 custom settings, 2 fitness tests, and a single quick start setting.
Key Schwinn My16 230 Recumbent Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Schwinn My16 230 Recumbent Bike?
- You're tech-savvy. A USB port allows you to charge devices, listen to music, and transfer workout data to various fitness apps with ease. This is definitely a stationary bike designed for the 21st century.
- You want all the amenities. This bike comes with everything you need for an enjoyable ride. In addition to a sound system, this machine also boasts a water bottle holder, media shelf, and 3-speed fan
- You want minimal maintenance. The great thing about this bike is that you really don't have to care of it too much over the years. Its steel tubing constructions means it's built for longevity.
Reasons to avoid Schwinn My16 230 Recumbent Bike?
- You don't want to pay for extras. This bike is compatible with the POLAR chest strap. It allows you to monitor your heart rate more efficiently, but it comes at a price.
- You want an HD screen. The display on this recumbent bike is nice, but if you want the latest and greatest, then you're going to need something with HD capabilities.
What real Schwinn My16 230 Recumbent Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Schwinn My16 230 Recumbent Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Schwinn My16 230 Recumbent Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This was very easy to assemble."
- "It’s so quiet while running and it was fairly straightforward to set up."
- "Easy adjustment for leg length."
- "Great product."
- "I am very happy with this."
What reviewers dislike
- "The seat on this is rough, it needs extra padding."
- "Not having a Bluetooth feature for this amount of money is pretty crummy."
- "Should be designed with lower seat."
- "The heart rate sensor is inaccurate."
- "These are not set up for shorter people need to have handles adjustable and the circumference of the pedals need to also be adjustable."
The Schwinn My16 230 Recumbent Bike is a great piece of exercise equipment for the price. It has a smooth, quiet drive, and with 22 built-in programs and 20 resistance levels, it's suitable for beginners and experts alike.
It's lacking some of the features you may find with more advanced bikes. However, considering it costs substantially less, you just need to ask yourself what features are most important to you. If you don't all the latest bells and whistles, then this bike gets the job done.
Where to buy Schwinn My16 230 Recumbent Bike
You can buy a Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike on Amazon for a great deal. Numerous bikes from Schwinn are offered on Amazon, so browse through a few to see which one is suitable for your needs. Plus, you can enjoy Amazon's fast, free shipping.