The Schwinn IC3 is a streamlined, affordable cycle trainer with a decent blend of features. It comes with a smooth 40-pound flywheel as well as dual SPD pedals to allow you to really push yourself to the limit.
Is the Schwinn IC3 best for you?
The Schwinn IC3 is the essence of a minimalist bike. It comes with enough bells and whistles to give you a great workout at an affordable price. A ventilated seat and padded handlebars allow you to work out without it feeling uncomfortable.
You aren't going to find Bluetooth compatibility, but considering how much money you save, that may be worth it. The real star of the show is the 40-pound flywheel, which provides you with ample resistance to keep enhancing your training regimen. It's sturdy, comfortable, and small enough to fit into almost any home.
Consider Schwinn IC3 if...
- You need excellent resistance. This bike comes with a 40-pound flywheel that offers an infinite number of resistance options as well as a silent belt drive.?
- You want comfortable pedals. The IC3 boasts dual SPD pedals. This provides a greater level of flexibility to where you can either use SPD clips or toe cages based on whichever you prefer.?
- You like cozy handlebars. The handlebars on the IC3 are padded. They keep your hands comfortable even if you plan on going on long rides.
Avoid Schwinn IC3 if...
- You like workout programs. Unlike other exercise bikes, this machine doesn't feature built-in programs. You can't select workouts to target calorie burning or endurance. You just pedal at whatever speed and resistance is best for you.?
- You want a cooling fan. All that pedaling can really work up a sweat. While you can stay hydrated with the help of the bike's water bottle holder, there's no fan to get air blowing in your face.?
- You feel comfortable with a longer warranty. The frame on the IC3 has a 5-year warranty. Something like the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike gives you 10 years of protection on the frame.
Schwinn IC3 pros & cons
- LCD console
- Race-style seat
- Media rack and water bottle holder
- Wireless heart rate tracking
- Multiple grip positions
- No fan
- No built-in workout programs
Construction and design
- Seat: The IC3 comes with a ventilated race-style seat for keeping you cozy as you ride.?
- Pedals: The rider's preference comes into play with the dual SPD pedals. You can use the SPD clips or toe cages to keep your feet secure as you cycle.?
- Handlebars: Padded handlebars feel great in your palms. You can select from multiple grip positions based on whatever's most comfortable.?
- Console: The LCD consoles tells you everything you need to know about your workout. It displays all of the standard metrics, such as RPMs, calories, distance, and time.?
- Built-in Programs: There are no preset programs on this device.
Key Schwinn IC3 Specs
Reasons to buy Schwinn IC3?
- You're on a budget. The Schwinn IC3 is an affordable exercise bike that can fit into almost any budget. It lacks some features, such as preset programs, but at least users can save quite a bit of money on it.?
- You want to move it around often. If you often move apartments, then you're going to love the caster wheels. The bike itself weighs 100 pounds, so it's fairly easy to move around the house if you need to.?
- You have several people who want to use it. The handlebars are entirely adjustable. That means different people can move it to their liking with ease.
Reasons to avoid Schwinn IC3?
- You want to sync it with apps. Many exercise bikes can sync with smartphones and various fitness apps. You can keep track of your progress right from your phone. The IC3 doesn't come with this.?
- You want built-in speakers. A lot people like listening to music while they exercise. While you can bring your own device and listen through headphones on the IC3, there's no port where you can plug in your device and listen to playlists through advanced speakers.
What real Schwinn IC3 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Schwinn IC3 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Schwinn IC3 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "It is fun to use and gets in a great work out."
- "Smooth pedal strokes and very solid.
- "We bought this bike as an alternative to the peloton. Worth every penny thus far in the short time that we've had it."
- "Easy to use, great workout if you use the tensions right."
- "Love it. Easy to assemble."
What reviewers dislike
- "Wish the display had a backlight."
- "A bit of cheapness when it comes to the water bottle holder/tablet attachment."
- "Support legs are a bit tricky to bolt on with both washers as the lock washer is hard to compress."
- "Adjusting handlebar height initially might need a second person."
- "Love it - but it makes noise sometimes when increasing intensity."
The Schwinn IC3 is an affordable exercise bike that's perfect for people who want to work up a sweat without all the fancy extras. It's small and compact enough to fit in practically any home, and an infinite number of resistance levels gives you the flexibility to workout as hard or as leisurely as you want.
While there are some nice features, such as a media rack and water bottle holder, it's lacking some of the more advanced aspects you find with modern bikes. There are no speakers or preset programs. However, if those features aren't a must-have for you, the Schwinn IC3 is a great, budget-friendly option.
Where to buy Schwinn IC3
The Schwinn IC3 is available for a great price on Amazon. Even better? It ships with Amazon's fast, free shipping so you can begin working out in no time!