The Schwinn 213 Recumbent Bike offers a range of low-impact workouts. With 16 resistance levels and 11 different built-in programs to choose from, you have a decent variety to keep your workouts from becoming too repetitive and routine. Plus, it boasts some useful features like a water bottle holder and magazine caddy.
Is the Schwinn 213 Recumbent Bike best for you?
The Schwinn 213 Recumbent Bike comes with a comfy design and plenty of smart features to make for an excellent addition to your home gym. It comes with a full gambit of workout programs, which comes with an array of regimens you can try out, including heart rate programs, time trials, and recovery tests.
There are plenty of other handy features to find with this bike. You get a water bottle holder, reading rack, and fan so that you can stay hydrated, entertained, and cool as you exercise. The Schwinn 213 may have been discontinued by the manufacturer, but if you find one for sale, it's worth considering.
Consider Schwinn 213 Recumbent Bike if...
- You need ample resistance levels. With 16 resistance levels, you can start slow and gradually work your way up. There are many ways to integrate higher resistances into your workout regimen and continually challenge your body.
- You want to stay cool as you exercise. This recumbent bike features a built-in fan. You can direct this toward your face as you cycle to cool yourself down in the middle of an intense workout.
- You like low-impact exercises. Recumbent bikes are highly recommended to anyone with joint or mobility issues. It's easy to get into and drastically reduces the amount of recovery time you need between workouts.
Avoid Schwinn 213 Recumbent Bike if...
- You don't want a difficult time tracking down a bike. The Schwinn 213 has been discontinued by the brand. Some models still pop up from time to time, but it's not as easy to find as other Schwinn exercise bikes.
- You want more exercise programs. There are 11 built-in programs to be found in this bike. While that may be enough for some people, it falls short of other bikes, some of which come with up to 30 programs.
- You like easier access to your water bottle. The Schwinn 213 has the water bottle holder located underneath the seat. This is in contrast to having it in front of you on the console like so many other bikes have. Some people may find this layout confusing.
Schwinn 213 Recumbent Bike pros & cons
- Computer-controlled drive system
- Recumbent handlebars with heart rate sensors
- Backlit LCD display
- Recumbent Bio-Fit Comfort seat
- Confusing design
Construction and design
- Seat: This bike comes with the Bio-Fit Comfort wide sit that comes with dual-position lumbar support. It keeps your lower back comfy as you pedal.
- Pedals: The pedals on this bike are designed to be extra-wide to give your feet greater stability as you work out.
- Handlebars: The recumbent handlebars are easy to reach. And they come with sensors, so you can keep track of your heart rate.
- Console: The backlit LCD display on the console shows you calories, speed, pulse, distance, RPM, and interval time so that you can monitor your progress with every stride.
- Built-in Programs: 11 workout programs come with this bike with each one designed to focus on a different aspect of your health.
Key Schwinn 213 Recumbent Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Schwinn 213 Recumbent Bike?
- You move around often. The Schwinn 213 boasts transport wheels, making it much simpler to get around the house when it arrives.
- You like reading magazines while you exercise. This bike features a magazine holder on the back of the seat. It makes it easy to have your favorite stories nearby while you cycle.
- You need lumbar support. Plenty of reviewers have noted how cozy it is to sit for extended periods of time in this bike. It's great for those with lower back issues.
Reasons to avoid Schwinn 213 Recumbent Bike?
- You want all the bells and whistles. Contemporary bikes come with Bluetooth compatibility and app synching. You aren't going to find that with this particular recumbent bike.
- You don't want to be limited to where you can place your bike. This recumbent bike needs to be plugged into an outlet. Others are cordless, so you have more options regarding where you put them in your house.
What real Schwinn 213 Recumbent Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Schwinn 213 Recumbent Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Schwinn 213 Recumbent Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Easy to assemble, did it in less than one hour on my lunch break."
- "Bright, easy to read display with actual useful information like calories, watts, time remaining for workout and interval, HR, rpm, etc."
- "It works great! Pedals very, very quiet and smooth."
- "The bike is comfortable and easy to use. The seat is a snap to adjust and everyone here, from my 5' tall daughter, to my 6'3" boyfriend, can find a comfortable position with ease."
- "The bike is comfortable, extremely quiet, and heart monitor on the handles is accurate."
What reviewers dislike
- "The fan is pretty much a joke, but I don't consider that a major flaw. The angle of the computer display could be better."
- "The fan and digital display is not angled enough for you to get any benefit from the fan, nor can you read the display."
- "My only comfort related complaint is that, over a 50 minute workout, my feet have a tendency to go numb."
- "The only thing I don't like about the programming is that you can increase the resistance level as you are working out but not the time."
- "The case surrounding the pedals and resistance mechanism don't fit well at all. They just don't fit together, so there is a gap where the two sides should fit snuggly."
The Schwinn 213 Recumbent Bike is great for seniors and individuals with mobility issues who want low-impact workouts. It's easy enough to get into, and the seat is comfortable enough to allow you to pedal for 90 minutes without your back getting cramped.
The main issue is that it's hard to track down this bike. However, if one becomes available, then it's worth considering. It's a solid recumbent bike at a decent price that gives you the basics of what you need for a good cycling exercise regimen.
Where to buy Schwinn 213 Recumbent Bike
While the Schwinn 213 Recumbent Bike is discontinued, you can still get a great price on a Schwinn bike on Amazon. The site makes it easy to compare the different exercise bikes from Schwinn, plus you get to take advantage of Amazon's fast, free shipping!