A Schwinn Balance Bike may be precisely what your child needs to learn how to ride a bike. The one made by Schwinn comes with a comfortable seat and easy-to-use handlebars. Once your child has learned proper balance through this device, he or she will be ready for the real thing: a bike with pedals.
Is the Schwinn Balance Bike best for you?
Available in an array of colors, the Schwinn Balance Bike really catches the eye. But that's only the beginning. The adjustable seat and handlebars allow your child to grow with the bike somewhat. There are no pedals, making it a great learning tool before your kid gets on a proper bike.
This is one bike that was built to last with a resilient frame and durable tires. The foam tires are designed to be puncture-proof, so even if you have your child riding it on dirt, rocks aren't going to pop the tires. This is one balance bike that comes at a great value, and your child can get used to the sensation of being on a bike before having to learn how to pedal.
Consider Schwinn Balance Bike if...
- You need a great value. All kids want to learn how to ride a bike. And you can get yours a high-quality one at a great price with the Schwinn Balance Bike.
- You want tires that don't go flat. Foam tires come with this bike, which means you don't have to worry about your kid getting a flat while riding it.
- You like easy steering. When your child's just learning to ride a bike, you want to make it as simple as possible. The handlebar comes with a limiter to make it easy for your child to steer and get the hang of it before moving on to something harder.
Avoid Schwinn Balance Bike if...
- You have a toddler. This bike is a bit on the heavier side for children. It's not suitable for toddlers. It's typically recommended for kids who are at least 4 years old.
- You don't want cheap paint. Some reviews indicate the paint chips off easily. After a few runs, it may start to show its wear and tear.
- You don't like the protruding footrest. Some may think the footrest is a bit of a safety issue for how it sticks out. You want to make sure your child is aware of stepping over it before letting them go off on their own.
Schwinn Balance Bike pros & cons
- Comfortable seat
- Adjustable handlebars and seat
- Simple assembly
- Foam tires
- Prone to rusting
- Protruding footrest
Construction and design
- Seat: The adjustable seat makes it easy for your child to get the perfect fit with minimal effort.
- Pedals: There are no pedals on this bike as that's the purpose of a balance bike. Your child moves using his or her feet, making it the perfect next step between a tricycle and a regular bicycle.
- Handlebars: The handlebars are also adjustable to go easy on your child.
- Console: There's no console on this balance bike.
- Built-in Programs: There are no programs on this bike.
Key Schwinn Balance Bike Specs
Reasons to buy Schwinn Balance Bike?
- You want your child to have a valuable learning tool. Balance bikes are great for kids filling in the gaps between tricycles and regular bikes. A balance bike does what the name suggests. It teaches your kid how to retain balance, and it can be a useful tool moving forward.
- You like having a selection of colors. Schwinn balance bikes come available in a wide assortment of styles. Pink, green, and blue are just some of your options, so your child gets their favorite color on the bike.
- You want puncture-proof tires. The foam tires on these balance bikes can never go flat. It can make you confident in your investment.
Reasons to avoid Schwinn Balance Bike?
- You don't want something your child outgrows quickly. Balance bikes have a very specific purpose. Once your child learns balance, there's not much of a use for it. However, it can still be good if you have multiple kids who need to go through the same process over the years.
- You want to avoid rusting. If you decide to purchase a Schwinn Balance Bike, then keep it out of the elements. It rusts easily, and there's no way to reverse the damage.
What real Schwinn Balance Bike reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Schwinn Balance Bike receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Schwinn Balance Bike scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The Schwinn bike is much more sturdy because it's heavier, but not so heavy that my now 3-year old son can't pick it up easily."
- "Soft seat is comfortable."
- "It's been almost 2 years and this bike has held up well."
- "Great way to learn the hardest part of riding a bike (balance)."
- "The materials are good, the color is true to the ad, and the adjustable seat means she can use it until she is ready for pedals."
What reviewers dislike
- "What we found interesting was that both packages were missing the rubber caps for the air valves."
- "I do think the design is flawed because the seat looks like it can go down more all the way in."
- "I would say it's probably more for 2.5 - 4 year old's only because they wouldn't be able to reach the ground with their legs if seated on the bike seat."
- "Just wish there was an add pedal option as we are now ready for a real bike."
- "I don’t think it would cost the company too much to throw in the right allen wrench and better instructions."
A lot of parents love getting their kids balance bikes to learn the ropes before moving on to a regular bike. And the Schwinn Balance Bike is a great option. It's sturdy and comes with high-quality wheels, so your child can ride around on sidewalk or on dirt trails without worry. A comfortable seat and easy-to-use handlebars put your child in the driver's seat.
The paint can chip easily, but all in all, it's a solid balance bike for what you get. Plus, you and your child can have a ton of fun deciding which color to pick.
Where to buy Schwinn Balance Bike
Schwinn Balance Bikes are available for sale on Amazon. A variety of color options are available, and you qualify for free shipping with your purchase. It's a solid bike your kid will love using all the time.